White House Wants to Keep Gas Prices High

Still waiting for where Obama says he wants to keep gas prices high.

He said so himself.
An your comment about Christians...
It is my sincere hope that you find yourself in a time of need and one of those "Christian Assholes" ignores your ignorance and intolerance and renders assistance to you.

Jesus you're not that smart are you? I promise if I'm ever in need and Batman ignores me, I'll be completely ok with that. But I know this statement as well as my avatar is just going right over your head. :lol:

The dupes are so busy taking Dems' quotes out of context, they miss the fact tat Dems have the most productive and intelligent energy policy in years...DUMBAZZ DUPES!!

And actually he DID in fact state that exterminating the jews was what he wanted.

And Obama did in fact state that energy costs will necessarily skyrocket under his policies.

They're cute.

Thank you.

Yes...Obama DID say that but he DIDNt say he wanted them to...he just said that his policies will result in that.

Now...anyone with an open mind would say..."well, if you know that jumping off the bridge will result in death, and you jump off the bridge anyway, then it is quite obvious that you wanted to die"...even though you never said you wanted to die......

But you need to have an open mind to realize that.

You don't need an open mind. One just needs a little bit of integrity to have the balls to admit they are wrong rather than be intellectually dishonest and purposely obtuse. :nono:

From the above linked article:

In the past five years, more than half a million barrels of oil and other hazardous liquids have been spilled from U.S. pipelines, killing 76 people and causing some $2.4 billion in property damage, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation

There is no safeguard on life.

Still waiting for where Obama says he wants to keep gas prices high.

He doesn't have to say it. By his actions you should know what he wants. Banning off shore drilling in the Atlantic, Pacific and Alaska (that Bush opened up) as well as stopping the Keystone pipeline are just a few examples.

In fact, the only thing the administration could do to change the price of oil would be... wait for it...

MORE REGULATION.

Which you people are supposedly strongly against.

So, are you asking him to regulate the energy trading markets?

Wrong.

As I said the current price of gas has nothing to do with market forces or speculation and everything to do with the fact that the US dollar has been steadily falling.

The only way to fix that is with a sound fiscal policy and neither party wants that.

Gasoline Prices Are Not Rising, the Dollar Is Falling - Forbes

Why is it Ok for Obama's policies along with Chu to attack the middle class, you know the guys that have to drive to work.........the high gas prices are effecting them the most. But the left continually makes excuses for their Messiah.

As for the Chevy volt, it only gets 40 miles on a single charge.......heck no one Atlanta could drive one to work if he got caught in traffic, well without using GAS!!:eek:

Anyone have a clue on how much a replacement battery system is on one of those Volts?? Try $8,000 today...........what's it going to cost in 10 years??

And just like solar panels, what the heck are we going to do with all that waste?? Where are we going to put contaminated batteries and used solar panels??

This is the biggest problem with Liberals, they live for today never thinking about what will happen in the long term. The only see Unicorns and Rainbows, then we the people are left to clean up their messes.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what Secretary Chu wants. He does not determine the price of gasoline. The world market and the energy corps decide that. So even as we see the price of gasoline skyrocketing here, we are exporting gasoline and diesel by the tanker load. No lack of oil. No lack of refinery capacity. And the vey wealthy are getting even wealthier.

A dollar that has been devalued determine's how much gas will cost, when obama has the treasury print more money it makes the dollar worthless.

And Obama did in fact state that energy costs will necessarily skyrocket under his policies.

Thank you.

Yes...Obama DID say that but he DIDNt say he wanted them to...he just said that his policies will result in that.

Now...anyone with an open mind would say..."well, if you know that jumping off the bridge will result in death, and you jump off the bridge anyway, then it is quite obvious that you wanted to die"...even though you never said you wanted to die......

You don't need an open mind. One just needs a little bit of integrity to have the balls to admit they are wrong rather than be intellectually dishonest and purposely obtuse. :nono:

Says the guy who bails on threads when he's proven wrong.

Yeah, integrity.

You're not very good at analogies. What possible benefit could jumping off a bridge have other than achieving a desired result of death? C'mon now. You need to work on your analogies, you're retired now so you have time to get better at that.

how about we approach it this way....and I said it earlier nbut you conveniently ignored it....

It is not that he wants prices to rise...or stay high...

But he believes it is in the long term best interest if they do....

So that being said....yes...he wants them to becuase he believes it is in our long term best interest.

In other words...if they go down, it is not in our long term best interest in his eyes.

So...he wants them to stay high.

It really is not rocket science RDD.....

Fine, maybe his grand scheme is to raise the price of gas. Maybe he's trying to pull a fast one on the american public but you guys have him all figured out. Sure, there is the possibility, but let's just say I'm not quite as convinced just yet.

It's amazing to see democrats support obama and still make excuses for him. Where is the line for them?

Oil prices aren’t high right now. In fact, they are unusually low. Gasoline prices would have to rise by another $0.65 to $0.75 per gallon from where they are now just to be “normal”. And, because gasoline prices are low right now, it is very likely that they are going to go up more—perhaps a lot more.

This is what the writer (who is just some dude contributing to Forbes) had to say in the linked to article. Oil prices are not high right now.

And I am supposed to give credence to what this guy says? Not likely.

He pegs the price of a barrell of crude to the price for an ounce of gold. If that is true, then we should be seeing a drop in gas prices today because gold took a hit yesterday.

Anyone think gas is coming down today?

Oil prices aren’t high right now. In fact, they are unusually low. Gasoline prices would have to rise by another $0.65 to $0.75 per gallon from where they are now just to be “normal”. And, because gasoline prices are low right now, it is very likely that they are going to go up more—perhaps a lot more.

This is what the writer (who is just some dude contributing to Forbes) had to say in the linked to article. Oil prices are not high right now.

And I am supposed to give credence to what this guy says? Not likely.

He pegs the price of a barrell of crude to the price for an ounce of gold. If that is true, then we should be seeing a drop in gas prices today because gold took a hit yesterday.

Anyone think gas is coming down today?

Does anyone think the dollar is not declining in value by the minute?

Oil prices are pegged to the US dollar and the US dollar is worth less so of course oil will seem higher.

It ain't rocket science.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703907004576279321350926848.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/01/markets-forex-idUSL4E8E123K20120301

Last edited:

Forum List

Back