White House Wants to Keep Gas Prices High

His policies having an residual effect on gas prices is one thing. Designing your policies with the intention of raising gas prices is a totally different ballgame. That's the difference that the loons here can't seem to make. He doesn't WANT gas prices to go up, but he realizes that just may happen due to policies he favors that he feels are important enough to warrant a potential gas price increase.

:lol::lol::lol:

And Hitler didn't WANT to gas the Jews, but he realized that just may happen due to policies he favored that he felt were important enough to warrant genocide.

Hitler comparison! You win!!! Good job dude. :clap2:

you know Plasma....we had a serious urban development issue here in the US years back.

No one wanted to buy land in "bad neighborhoods" and build new investment properties. Why should they? What was the insentive?

The result? Housing for lower income families was literally disappearing. Buildings would become rundown and no one wanted to buy them and fix them up....and they were condemning them.

So what happened?

Section 42. Known as LIHTC for the less informed.

The problem quickly disappeared.

Or we could do it your way...."nothing can be done becuase the top dog says so"

apples and oranges. Houses don't go on the world market to be sold.

yes they do.
Jeez you are naive.

His policies having an residual effect on gas prices is one thing. Designing your policies with the intention of raising gas prices is a totally different ballgame. That's the difference that the loons here can't seem to make. He doesn't WANT gas prices to go up, but he realizes that just may happen due to policies he favors that he feels are important enough to warrant a potential gas price increase.

And Hitler didn't WANT to gas the Jews, but he realized that just may happen due to policies he favored that he felt were important enough to warrant genocide.

And actually he DID in fact state that exterminating the jews was what he wanted. Slight difference, but don't let that stop you from making Nazi comparisons in the future. They're cute.

NEBRASKA doesn't even know where it wants the pipeline yet, dittoheads, or even if it wants it. Another manufactured outrage for the morons...change the channel and try being good citizens instead of dupes of the greedy rich...

i know its such a hard concept to understand that any oil we produce goes onto the world market for people to buy up. Where in that world market you have people bidding up the price of a barrel everyday.

Something of which no president controls, nor can control.

and i asked you a question. What do you want him to do? Nationalize oil and keep it here? flood the market with american oil? thats giving him a lot of control. Well more so the government control...

We've been over these topics before, i am over repeating myself over and over again just to watch stupid fucking retards say the same shit over and over again.

Obama gets the blame because he is the president. He is top dog and thats the only reason. same with Clinton, bush, or anyone else who sits in that chair.

Like I said..

Offering incentives does not mean controlling.

Forget it...you are stuck oin the talking poiints and cant free yourself from them.

You regurgitate what you hear...you dont actually think about "what COULD be done"....

It may work for you......

Saying "offering incentives" is meaningless unless you define those incentives.

which in reality most likely wont do anything since the oil just goes on the world market and can't be sold here in the US before doing so. But please feel free to list them.

The linbe in bold?

Where the hell do you get this stuff from?

To answer your question......

Tax credits
Tax credits
Tax credits

And actually he DID in fact state that exterminating the jews was what he wanted.

And Obama did in fact state that energy costs will necessarily skyrocket under his policies.

They're cute.

Thank you.

apples and oranges. Houses don't go on the world market to be sold.

yes they do.
Jeez you are naive.

no they really dont, not like oil

Yes...they really do.

US properties are on the market to anyone that wants to buy them.....we have propereties in NYC owned by many different people of many different nationalities.

Look...I cant debate with you....you simply offer talking points and your refutes of my ideas are empty and pretty much just saying "you are wrong"...

And that gets us nowhere.

And actually he DID in fact state that exterminating the jews was what he wanted.

And Obama did in fact state that energy costs will necessarily skyrocket under his policies.

They're cute.

Thank you.

Yes...Obama DID say that but he DIDNt say he wanted them to...he just said that his policies will result in that.

Now...anyone with an open mind would say..."well, if you know that jumping off the bridge will result in death, and you jump off the bridge anyway, then it is quite obvious that you wanted to die"...even though you never said you wanted to die......

But you need to have an open mind to realize that.

I love how they are using the price of gas at the time the President was sworn in as the benchmark while completely ignoring that the price all through the summer of 2008 were as high, or higher, as they are now.

They're cute.

Thank you.

Did he state thats what he WANTS?

You're welcome.

Oh and I noticed you never pointed out which part of the videos that you posted show Obama stating that he WANTS gas prices to rise. Wonder why that is?

I love how they are using the price of gas at the time the President was sworn in as the benchmark while completely ignoring that the price all through the summer of 2008 were as high, or higher, as they are now.

Gas has never been this high in February.

They're cute.

Thank you.

Yes...Obama DID say that but he DIDNt say he wanted them to...he just said that his policies will result in that.

Now...anyone with an open mind would say..."well, if you know that jumping off the bridge will result in death, and you jump off the bridge anyway, then it is quite obvious that you wanted to die"...even though you never said you wanted to die......

You're not very good at analogies. What possible benefit could jumping off a bridge have other than achieving a desired result of death? C'mon now. You need to work on your analogies, you're retired now so you have time to get better at that.

They're cute.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Oh and I noticed you never pointed out which part of the videos that you posted show Obama stating that he WANTS gas prices to rise. Wonder why that is?

He don't have to "say it" his actions shows that he's hostile to fossil fuel.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Got it, so he didn't say it.

This is just right wing kooks reading in to everything again, as they do with everything else Obama does.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thank you.

You're not very good at analogies. What possible benefit could jumping off a bridge have other than achieving a desired result of death? C'mon now. You need to work on your analogies, you're retired now so you have time to get better at that.

how about we approach it this way....and I said it earlier nbut you conveniently ignored it....

It is not that he wants prices to rise...or stay high...

But he believes it is in the long term best interest if they do....

So that being said....yes...he wants them to becuase he believes it is in our long term best interest.

In other words...if they go down, it is not in our long term best interest in his eyes.

So...he wants them to stay high.

It really is not rocket science RDD.....

Thank you.

You're welcome.

you fell for his little game.
He actually did say that he knows his policies will increase prices......but he was willing to enact them anyway.

Which means that he was OK with prices increasing.

THAT is what is important.

If he could acheive what he wants without pricves increasing, he would do so I am sure.

But when push came to shove...his initiatives were more important...TO HIM and his base.

If only he were man enough to admit it now.

But he is not.

With the national average of gas prices hitting $3.65 a gallon, nearing $6 in some parts of the country, and poised to head even higher, America’s families are wondering when the bleeding at the pump will stop. But for Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu, those steep prices aren’t even a concern. In fact, he says his goal is not to get the price of gasoline to go down.

Chu delivered those stunning remarks in testimony before Congress yesterday. When Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) asked Chu whether it’s his “overall goal to get our price” of gasoline lower, Chu said, “No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy.”

Secretary Chu Says His Goal Is Not to Lower Gas Prices

This guy (Chu) is an enemy of the people.
I am sick of these government assholes driving up the price or supporting the concept of expensive energy.
These shitheads who claim to be for middle class America, claim to support the "average working American" are actually trying to destroy us.
The fact is while all the bullshit surrounding the campaign, the rhetoric, the personal attacks and the grandstanding goes on, many Americans believe the guy in the Oval Office is their guy in November.
I find it incredible that anyone would invite the person who is taking food off their table, to their home for dinner.
It just does not make any sense.
Well, yes it does. People would rather vote for a 'letter' than a person who best represents the interests of ALL Americans.
So the lefties will go ahead and vote for Obama and other dems. They will then bitch and moan about how they are struggling to feed their families and put gas in their cars so they can get to and from work. The democrat operatives will tell them "it's the speculators" or It's big oil..do you want us to tax them for you by the way?"
All the while it is those very same people, the ones THEY elected who are forcing the price of energy and everything else with it, through the roof.

Forum List

Back