White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax'

yeah, who gives a shit your President lied and is still lying to you

If the Supreme Court insists it's a tax in order for ACA to pass the Constitutionality test, the so be it. I don't care. I already have insurance so I won't be paying it whether it's a penalty or a tax or whatever you wingnuts want to cry and whine and boo-hoo about.

yeah we know, typical...it won't affect me so screw the rest of you (right or left) that it will..

hmmmm...... now where have I heard that before.......? Oh that's right, the usual Republican Mantra.

Anyway, you need to be more precise. It's: screw those who insist on not carrying health insurance. Not "the rest of you".

According to some of the logic I just read it must follow that if I am fat and don't eat all my vegtable they can tax me. But wait, what do they do if I can't afford vegtables or for that matter food or health insurance can they still tax me. Of course they can, Obama will set up a public workers union to monitor and collect these taxes.

If the Supreme Court insists it's a tax in order for ACA to pass the Constitutionality test, the so be it. I don't care. I already have insurance so I won't be paying it whether it's a penalty or a tax or whatever you wingnuts want to cry and whine and boo-hoo about.

yeah we know, typical...it won't affect me so screw the rest of you (right or left) that it will..

hmmmm...... now where have I heard that before.......? Oh that's right, the usual Republican Mantra.

Anyway, you need to be more precise. It's: screw those who insist on not carrying health insurance. Not "the rest of you".

yeah whatever, I got you right...

I just saw the first political ad calling obama a liar. It is going to be very effective. The obamatax is going to turn into a club to beat democrats over the head. And, democrats will run around saying Roberts was wrong, it's not a tax.

6/29/12

First it was a penalty. Then it was a tax. Now it's a penalty again.

The war of words over what to call the fine attached to the federal health care overhaul's most controversial provision continued Friday, as the White House took issue with the Supreme Court's argument -- even though that argument alone spared President Obama's law.

The five-justice majority argued that, while the fine imposed by the law for not buying health insurance would otherwise be unconstitutional, the fine is actually legal under Congress' authority to tax.

Ergo, the fine is officially a "tax" in the eyes of the court. The law stands.

But in a case of biting the hand that feeds, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Friday the fine is still just a "penalty."

Calling it a "tax" causes obvious political problems for the White House. Obama fought that label vigorously when selling the bill in 2009.

---

Meanwhile, the Obama administration pressed ahead Friday with implementing the law. The Department of Health and Human Services was announcing a new program to help states set up so-called health insurance exchanges, which were established under the law.

[Bet a lot of states will drag their feet at least to the election]

---
Read more: White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax' | Fox News

He lied to get it passed. He misrepresented it to get it through the courts and now he is back to trying to fool the people into believing that he didn't just royally screw us over. Obama and his ilk know how bad this bill is and that is why they've exempted themselves from it. It's not about quality affordable health care. It's about a transfer of power in the name of health care. We will pay dearly, not just in money, but in substandard health care and doled out services for more money. Most of the health care bill was new taxes on just about everything and a government taking over the most personal choices we could make.

We know it's not a tax. We know they lied to push an unconstitutional mandate through. This needs to be repealed. Polls consistently show a majority against it and now it's clear that the only way to get rid of Obamacare is to get Obama and other radicals out of Washington.

Roberts merely stated they have a right to tax us. If Obama denies this is a tax, then states shouldn't have to follow this. I hope more states follow Florida and refuse to implement this piece of shit legislation. Let Obama sue the entire country. He loves doing that anyway because he couldn't care less what the people think. He seems to think he really is God and that we should all obey him.

It's a tax penalty. Just get a doctor and take your affordable guaranteedt care, freeloader dupes.

7goal: A little more than 98 percent of state residents now have ...4.84.198.233/.../03/.../actually-romneycare-is-an-enormous-success/ - CachedFactCheck.org : 'RomneyCare' Facts and Falsehoods
Mar 25, 2011 ... 'RomneyCare' Facts and Falsehoods ... The state law was successful on one big

6/29/12

The war of words over what to call the fine attached to the federal health care overhaul's most controversial provision continued Friday, as the White House took issue with the Supreme Court's argument -- even though that argument alone spared President Obama's law.

The five-justice majority argued that, while the fine imposed by the law for not buying health insurance would otherwise be unconstitutional, the fine is actually legal under Congress' authority to tax.

But in a case of biting the hand that feeds, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Friday the fine is still just a "penalty."

Calling it a "tax" causes obvious political problems for the White House. Obama fought that label vigorously when selling the bill in 2009.

---

Meanwhile, the Obama administration pressed ahead Friday with implementing the law. The Department of Health and Human Services was announcing a new program to help states set up so-called health insurance exchanges, which were established under the law.

---
Read more: White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax' | Fox News

Its an IRS penalty. They have plenty other ones than that. Should I start a list, ya fuckin moron?

Poodapoop, Let's see the list Ya black hole...:badgrin:

Last edited:

6/29/12

---

---

Its an IRS penalty. They have plenty other ones than that. Should I start a list, ya fuckin moron?

Poodapoop, Let's see the list Ya black hole...:badgrin:

IRA early withdrawal penalties
HSA early withdrawal penalties
Late payment penalties

Want me to keep going?

And, etch a sketch put his foot in it by agreeing with President Obama that it is not a tax. He says its a "penalty".

READ the scotus decision to learn why they chose to call it that.

Or, just keep screeching and pulling your hair out in clumps.

LOL

Romney agrees with Obama that it's not a tax,

so if one is lying, so is the other.

Plus,

Romney will definitely be lying if he approves campaign ads that call it a tax.

I just saw the first political ad calling obama a liar. It is going to be very effective. The obamatax is going to turn into a club to beat democrats over the head. And, democrats will run around saying Roberts was wrong, it's not a tax.

As I said. Roberts gave Romney and the GOP a gift.

Roberts also handed Barry a giant problem.

Except for this, which I already pointed out YESTERDAY before the Romney campaign confirmed it :

Romney campaign, at odds with GOP, says mandate is not a tax

Posted by Rachel Weiner at 11:36 AM ET, 07/02/2012 TheWashingtonPost

An adviser to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney broke from the messaging of other Republicans Monday, arguing that the health-care mandate in the Affordable Care Act is not a tax.

Romney adviser breaks from GOP message, says mandate is not a tax - The Washington Post

Game, set, match.

Except for this, which I already pointed out YESTERDAY before the Romney campaign confirmed it :

An adviser to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney broke from the messaging of other Republicans Monday, arguing that the health-care mandate in the Affordable Care Act is not a tax.

Romney adviser breaks from GOP message, says mandate is not a tax - The Washington Post

Game, set, match.

what, you playing a game of tennis?
His advisor can say what ever he wants, so what

Game, set, match.

In fact - Scalia also says its not a tax. The conservatives have to say its not a tax - OR - its Constitutional, can't have it both ways. So which is it, righties?

I think a more important question would be whether or not Roberts was directly paid by lobbyists to change his stance.

By the very definition of the word tax, the penalties for failure to comply with the “individual mandate” are not a tax; they are in fact a fine by the definition of the word fine. It is impossible for a chief justice of the United States to be unaware of this, that fact along with the unusual manner in which Roberts suddenly changed his stance and refused to listen to any contrary arguments is highly suggestive of political corruption, in other words, it reeks of bribery.

Any American that is in any way concerned with this decision or the corruption of Washington by well-funded corporations and special interests should immediately write to their senators and congressional representatives to demand an independent council immediately launch a full and complete investigation of Roberts and this Supreme Court decision. To do any less would be to sacrifice our freedom and the future of American democracy.

Your Senators contact information can be found on this page U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Congressional contact information can be obtained on this page Find Your Representative · House.gov

Game, set, match.

what, you playing a game of tennis?
His advisor can say what ever he wants, so what

Romney said it you retarded cow.

Game, set, match.

In fact - Scalia also says its not a tax. The conservatives have to say its not a tax - OR - its Constitutional, can't have it both ways. So which is it, righties?

And Alito, and Kennedy, and Clarence Thomas.

All of the cons' boys on the court except Roberts said it.

And Romney was already fucked because he said it wasn't a tax when he imposed it in Massachusetts.

Forum List

Back