White althlete kicked out of olympics for racial joke

A protest in terms of race pride is racist in the sense of the Greek gymnast who told a racial joke to degrade someone?

Really?

No not really. That is the point.

They were booted from the Olympic Village after the medals ceremonies.

The USA managers were not going to allow that until the Olympics President said he would boot the whole team out of the Village, and the compromise was made they would keep their medals.

Now if you are equating a "black power" salute a racist joke, then you have no balance or understanding in your logic or reason.

what they did was waaay more serious. In addition they did not have their medal stripped. The sespensions were hollow.

I'm not saying what Carlos and Smith did was a racist joke.

A racist joke is less serious than a racist political statement.

Carlos and Smith were probably done running for the games anyway. They did get criticized and rightfully so.
They really didn't suffer in their athletic careers either.

They even won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award which appears to be a friggin joke.

PS what would happen if a white person dis a white power salute on the podium?

If it's in Britain, I'll bet they are hauled off to jail.............

A protest in terms of race pride is racist in the sense of the Greek gymnast who told a racial joke to degrade someone?

Really?

They were booted from the Olympic Village after the medals ceremonies.

The USA managers were not going to allow that until the Olympics President said he would boot the whole team out of the Village, and the compromise was made they would keep their medals.

Now if you are equating a "black power" salute a racist joke, then you have no balance or understanding in your logic or reason.

I'm not saying what Carlos and Smith did was a racist joke.

A racist joke is less serious than a racist political statement.

Carlos and Smith were probably done running for the games anyway. They did get criticized and rightfully so.
They really didn't suffer in their athletic careers either.

They even won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award which appears to be a friggin joke.

PS what would happen if a white person dis a white power salute on the podium?

If it's in Britain, I'll bet they are hauled off to jail.............

How was the joke degrading?

I'm totally clueless on this....

We are aware of that, but you may be stubbornly unwilling to understand.

Can't work with that.

Yeah and the conservatives were against freeing the slaves, voting rights and civil rights for Blacks, the conservatives were pro Jim Crow and Black codes as well as treating them (the Blacks) as less than citizens of this country. They (the ones who had the mindset) were and are the true racist bigoted pieces of shit. They were the ones on the wrong side of history.

You mean the democrats? You refer to the shameful history of the democrat party? Yeah, the democrats have always been in favor of slavery and oppression. Some things never change.

No, I am referring to Conservatives and the shameful history of the people who have and had that ideology, the Conservatives have always been in favor of keeping the status quo for the Blacks, that status quo would be slavery and oppression. It doesn't matter what political party it was. Political parties tend to change in ideologies, the ideologies......................not so much.

Oh, so you must be an apologist for the democrats, because all those things you mentioned were done by democrats of the democrat party, and none of your spin or doublespeak can change that.

The democrats were the conservatives and the Republicans were the liberals during the Civil War.

The Civil Rights and Voting acts were passed by liberal and moderate Pubs and Dems along geographic lines, not political lines.

The Pubs had a higher % of their southern votes in the House and Senate against the acts then their southern Dem colleagues.

What got her booted:
"With so many Africans in Greece, the West Nile mosquitoes will be getting home food!!!"

Seriously???????
What exactly is racist about that?
Political Correctness gone insane.

While gearing up for her first Olympic games on Sunday, Papachristou commented on the reported influx of West Nile mosquitos in Athens. She tweeted in Greek, "With so many Africans in Greece, the West Nile mosquitoes will be getting home food!!!" Her tweet provoked a bevy of ill responses, and many Greeks called for her dismissal from the Olympic team.

Read more: Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Doesn't sound bad to me?

Kind of funny if ya ask me.

She is pretty enough to get a pass if ya ask me.
:D

I am sure that Hugh Hefener will come to her rescue

The Tonya Harding of 2012. The Greeks made the decision, complain to them if you don't like her removal, there are many who compete to even be on the team; she should have been grateful to have a chance, not griping about the race of competitors.

You mean the democrats? You refer to the shameful history of the democrat party? Yeah, the democrats have always been in favor of slavery and oppression. Some things never change.

No, I am referring to Conservatives and the shameful history of the people who have and had that ideology, the Conservatives have always been in favor of keeping the status quo for the Blacks, that status quo would be slavery and oppression. It doesn't matter what political party it was. Political parties tend to change in ideologies, the ideologies......................not so much.

Oh, so you must be an apologist for the democrats, because all those things you mentioned were done by democrats of the democrat party, and none of your spin or doublespeak can change that.

And fakey the lefty can't help you bend reality to your desperate wishes either.

No, I am not an apologist for the Democrats. I'm just being accurate as far as ideology was and is concerned, you seem to be a "party man". If you want to go on party lines, the republicans were the most Liberal back THEN, NOW they certainly aren't. The republicans had more Black representation THEN, NOW they don't and the Democrats DO. The Democrats got the First Black man elected as President of the United States, the Republicans FOUGHT HARD AGAINST IT. There are what 3 Black republican Congressmen and women and how many Democrat Congressmen and women are there?

Really?

So you'd approve a white-power salute?

Really?

No not really.

Yes because those are the same thing. In fact any mention of race is racist. White people are exempt because they arent a "race". So white people can say anything they like if they werent oppressed by minorties

What got her booted:
"With so many Africans in Greece, the West Nile mosquitoes will be getting home food!!!"

Seriously???????

I know...maybe you can help me out. Someone told me the sky was blue. I asked them what exactly was blue about the sky? They couldnt really answer the question...Can you?

Kind of funny if ya ask me.

She is pretty enough to get a pass if ya ask me.
:D

I am sure that Hugh Hefener will come to her rescue

The Tonya Harding of 2012. The Greeks made the decision, complain to them if you don't like her removal, there are many who compete to even be on the team; she should have been grateful to have a chance, not griping about the race of competitors.

It doesn't look to me like she was griping about anybody's race...and to compare her to Tanya Harding? Really?

What got her booted:

Seriously???????

I know...maybe you can help me out. Someone told me the sky was blue. I asked them what exactly was blue about the sky? They couldnt really answer the question...Can you?

The sky isn't blue, it's an illusion, and believe it or not, that's the correct answer.

Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Harsh! Wonder if she knew this was a possible repercussion? I'm not thinking it's fair, to be honest.

The Olympics has no right to take steps to protect its reputation?

What reputation???

The Munich Massacre: Why the 2012 Games should pay tribute to those who died 40 years ago - Guest Voices - The Washington Post

Every four years since the '72 Games, widows of those murdered athletes have petitioned the International Olympic Committee to hold one minute of silence at the opening ceremonies to honor their memory. And every four years the IOC has refused. According to a recent explanation from its president, Jacques Rogge, "the opening ceremony is an atmosphere that is not fit to remember such a tragic incident." This explanation is not only unsatisfactory, but it is also insulting. The Olympics are indeed a celebration, but there is a responsibility to recall past participants murdered during the Games, on Olympic soil. If the atmosphere of the opening ceremony is not fit for recalling tragedy, then the IOC must create an atmosphere that is, just as it appropriately did at the 2002 Games by opening them with a minute of silence to honor the victims of 9/11.

Forum List

Back