White althlete kicked out of olympics for racial joke

It's OK to be a racist shithead in the privacy of your own mind, but putting it in writing for all the world to see is another story, public speech carries with it the responsibility to face the consequences of being provocative or hateful, especially when the shithead in question happens to be a public figure representing her country.

If a black triple jumper said something like "why are white people here? Everybody knows they can't jump," would he be banned.?

Except she said "African" not "black" Not all "Africans" are "black". In this day and age, I seriously doubt all Greeks are white.

The only shitheads are the ones claiming there was a racist comment....................

Why does it matter to you? Olympic Athletes are very much diplomats and are expected to act as such and serve at the pleasure of their countries respective Olympic committees, at best this is local news in Greece.

So you support this RACIST????
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Mq8kOXV_E]Bigot Watch: Senator Hillary Clinton (D) New York - YouTube[/ame]

The only shitheads are the ones claiming there was a racist comment....................

Why does it matter to you? Olympic Athletes are very much diplomats and are expected to act as such and serve at the pleasure of their countries respective Olympic committees, at best this is local news in Greece.

I agree with the bolded part of your comment.

We care, because 40 years ago this would have been laughed at and people moved on, now with the liberal diversity gestapo in full force any protected group cannot be made fun of.

What she said wasn't racist. Not even close. She used the word "African" so the very mention of the word "African" makes the statement racist? Is that it? Have we really come do far down?

Not to worry, buckeyes, you are not in a protected group (crazee right wingers), so we will make fun of you. You won't be left out.

Why does it matter to you? Olympic Athletes are very much diplomats and are expected to act as such and serve at the pleasure of their country's respective Olympic committees, at best this is local news in Greece.

Is that why married heterosexual Olympians can't share a room but gay couples can? Or is that why the diplomats are upset that they only got 15 free condoms each.

Still, she should have realized how the pussified "international community" would interpret even mentioning the word african...................

Imagine the outrage had she used the word niggardly..................

Fantasist imbeciles

It's not a racial joke. It's a harmless geographical joke. Apparently, free speech is not an Olympic ideal. Nor do Olympic officials have sense of humor. If she had told a hateful racist joke against whites, she'd still be going to the Olympics.

Why do Afros do so good in the Hurdles? Lots of childhood practice jumping watermelon rows and fences with a watermelon under each arm, to get away from the farmer.

How could the Olympics improve Field Events? By burying lots of Afros up to their foreheads for Afro-turf.

Why do Afros do so good in Track Events? Lots of practicing running with cops chasing them.

Why did the guy shoot the Afro in the chest? Because the f-ing cold brutally assaulted him. No joke.

I must be racist because I don't see the racist in that statement....Somebody better give the bad news to my nieces....

I guess so, because it's readily apparent to anyone used to "critical thinking".

Please then, explain it to me...

Unless you believe all Africans are of one race, it can't be racist....

Why would all Africans have to be of one race for the comment to be racist? That's what I said "critical thinking". The intent is apparent. Your only way of getting around it is the nibble at the edges.

The athlete had been counseled as they all had on the rules.

She decided to be a smart ass.

Her smart ass got spanked.

End of story, wannabee smart asses.

I guess so, because it's readily apparent to anyone used to "critical thinking".

Why would all Africans have to be of one race for the comment to be racist? That's what I said "critical thinking". The intent is apparent. Your only way of getting around it is the nibble at the edges.

You haven't explained it so far, can you?

I think you have a bad case of reading between the lines...since I have never written between the lines, I tend to not be able to read between the lines. What I say is what I mean. Africa is a continent, not a country. It's filled with people of all races, although we all started out there, as blacks...or hairy dark manlike creatures, whatever. Today there are countries in Africa with a very high white population. Do you remember apartheid in South Africa, now that was racist..and I fought against it.

Are all Greeks white?

Please, use your critical thinking and explain to me why her statement was racist...

More incredible intolerance from the left. Why do the hate free speech so much?

So anything in the news that you don't like must be it's "the left".

The left is known and encourages knee jerk reactions for people making jokes and saying things the Gaystopo (liberal version of the Gestopo) doesnt like.

Good point. Just like the right is "known" for bombing federal buildings and shooting children in movie theaters.

So what was the apparent intent? Was she talking ex europeans? Sub Saharan Africa or Super Saharan Africa? The point is she made a joke, big fucking deal, if it was Bill Mahr you would laugh and move on.

More incredible intolerance from the left. Why do they hate free speech so much?

London 2012 Olympics: Greek athlete Voula Papachristou banned over racist 'joke' on Twitter | Mail Online

Kicked out for a racist tweet: Greek triple jumper is banned from the Games after her African 'joke'

PUBLISHED: 10:07 EST, 25 July 2012 | Voula Papachristou was kicked out of her national team for mocking African migrants and expressing support for a far-Right political party.
Her offending message – which was referring to reports of mosquitoes carrying the West Nile virus in her home country – read: ‘With so many Africans in Greece, at least the West Nile mosquitoes will eat home made food!’

And we are supposed to give a shit why?

Forum List

Back