White althlete kicked out of olympics for racial joke

While gearing up for her first Olympic games on Sunday, Papachristou commented on the reported influx of West Nile mosquitos in Athens. She tweeted in Greek, "With so many Africans in Greece, the West Nile mosquitoes will be getting home food!!!" Her tweet provoked a bevy of ill responses, and many Greeks called for her dismissal from the Olympic team.

Read more: Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter  - NY Daily News

Doesn't sound bad to me?

While gearing up for her first Olympic games on Sunday, Papachristou commented on the reported influx of West Nile mosquitos in Athens. She tweeted in Greek, "With so many Africans in Greece, the West Nile mosquitoes will be getting home food!!!" Her tweet provoked a bevy of ill responses, and many Greeks called for her dismissal from the Olympic team.

Read more: Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Doesn't sound bad to me?

Kind of funny if ya ask me.

She is pretty enough to get a pass if ya ask me.
:D

Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Harsh! Wonder if she knew this was a possible repercussion? I'm not thinking it's fair, to be honest.

Why do you think it unfair?

Because after training a lifetime to get to the Olympics, I cannot believe she would do something stupid enough to throw it all away. I.E.: had she known the cost, she would not have posted.

Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Harsh! Wonder if she knew this was a possible repercussion? I'm not thinking it's fair, to be honest.

Why do you think it unfair?

Because after training a lifetime to get to the Olympics, I cannot believe she would do something stupid enough to throw it all away. I.E.: had she known the cost, she would not have posted.

Yep... I feel bad for her.

Read more: Olympics 2012: Greece kicks triple-jumper Voula Papachristou*off team for mocking African immigrants on Twitter* - NY Daily News

Doesn't sound bad to me?

I am sure that Hugh Hefener will come to her rescue

Doesn't sound bad to me?

I am sure that Hugh Hefener will come to her rescue

If she has any class she will hang up in his ear.

This is indeed unfair. It wasn't smart of her to post this, but in no way should she be barred from the Olympics.
Besides, who are they to speak? They can't even bring up the courage to remember the murdered Israeli athletes.

I don't know about anyone else, but a trend of glaring double standards has been rising its ugly head of late. British Labour MP, Dianne Abbott, tweeted this racist comment on Twitter to a journalist, yet faced no sanction, whatsoever. And she remains in office.

article-2082527-0F5804DE00000578-808_634x252.jpg

I white athelete tweets a risque joke and her chances of competing in the Olympics are in tatters. Something's definitely not right here.

Nothing "unfair" about it. She can think what she wants, she can say what she wants, and she can tweet what she wants. She can also take responsibility for it and accept the consequences. She wasn't going to London representing herself, she was going there representing her country.

More incredible intolerance from the left. Why do they hate free speech so much?

London 2012 Olympics: Greek athlete Voula Papachristou banned over racist 'joke' on Twitter | Mail Online

Kicked out for a racist tweet: Greek triple jumper is banned from the Games after her African 'joke'

PUBLISHED: 10:07 EST, 25 July 2012 | Voula Papachristou was kicked out of her national team for mocking African migrants and expressing support for a far-Right political party.
Her offending message – which was referring to reports of mosquitoes carrying the West Nile virus in her home country – read: ‘With so many Africans in Greece, at least the West Nile mosquitoes will eat home made food!’

Last edited:

Forum List

Back