Which would you prefer?

Which one would you prefer?

• A bunch of racists with freedom to say anything

• People can only say what the govt or other institution has predetermined is OK

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like yet another USMB thread has been derailed by a poster who wanted to avoid its primary point by putting others on the defensive.

Do you believe racists should have the freedom to say 'anything', or do you believe the government should have some degree of authority to restrict that freedom?
I'm glad you can recognize your behaviors so easily.

So as usual you can't answer that question.

I'll answer it for you. You choose #2, because I'm sure you would side with the government and your school district (other institution)

if they fired an elementary school teacher for telling his 4th grade class that most of this country's problems come from there being 'too many fucking ******* here' and the Court upheld that firing.

Eh??????

You revealed that you believe number 2 because you believe the government should have the right to limit speech.
I picked 1.

Make it more simple:

1. Unlimited speech (including dangerous speech)

2. Full Government Control

You get no middle choice. You MUST pick one.

Choose

(I know you won't answer)

lol, shouldn't you ask the OP if he finds your modifications acceptable according to his original intent?

it's actually a simple choice. if you prevent government from controlling speech, you will get speech you don't like.

If you give government power to control speech via content, there is no real way to limit that power, and like all government power it will be extended if the government can get away with it.

No it is not a simple choice. Their are limits to nearly all the amendments including the first.

BALANCE is the key

And as long as we're on the topic of free speech, why does Trump continue to bully journalists and threaten to revoke broadcasting licenses?

Yup, we know how liberals define BALANCE.

freedom to be a bigot is still freedom... Frankly, the best kind.
We should be able to say whatever in the fuck we want without the govt raping us.
No one is getting "raped." Or imprisoned. Say what you want, but if you want to say hateful things about a group of people that disrespects them as human beings, if you do it in a large public forum, you may get some push back. Why must Americans tolerate that kind of speech?

No one is getting "raped." Or imprisoned. Say what you want, but if you want to say hateful things about a group of people that disrespects them as human beings, if you do it in a large public forum, you may get some push back. Why must Americans tolerate that kind of speech?
EXPOSED!!!

BOOM!!!

Simple poll!
What led to creating this thread? Who proposed any prior restraint on speech (beyond Trump publically longing for the power over the tattletale book)

This was a troll thread meant to trap liberals, but the RWnuts ended up in the trap, and they're now chewing off their own feet trying to get loose.

Imagine that, sounds a lot like the results of EVERYTHING liberals have tried last year.

freedom to be a bigot is still freedom... Frankly, the best kind.
We should be able to say whatever in the fuck we want without the govt raping us.

Harley is telling you that my example in post 81 should be protected free speech.

Forum List

Back