Which would you prefer?

Which one would you prefer?

• A bunch of racists with freedom to say anything

• People can only say what the govt or other institution has predetermined is OK

Results are only viewable after voting.
freedom to be a bigot is still freedom... Frankly, the best kind.
We should be able to say whatever in the fuck we want without the govt raping us.
You seek nobility in being ignoble.
Does freedom make you wet the bed?
No. I embrace freedom. What makes me disturbed is the use of freedom to advance nefarious crap like racism.
It was an example. I have nothing good to say about racists.
For some reason, some on here think shutting up racists IS freedom.

Read the OP's words carefully.
I did. Did you?

It's deliberately hard to choose free speech. He did that purposely.

He exposed your lack of principle.

Look, you morons, the OP said 'ANYTHING'. Period.

Convince me that my example doesn't fall into the category of 'anything'. Hopefully without me having to post the definition of the word anything.

A poll with 2 unacceptable choices. Simple indeed.
Bedwetters dont know what freedom is. I couldnt have used freedom or tyranny.. They would have been confused and the poll would have been innacurate like gallup :D

I gave you an example of calling in a bomb threat. Convince me that doesn't fall into the category of saying 'anything'.

I am apparently the only one here who can read. Look at what the OP says, and note, he intentionally made it 'simple'.
You couldn't look past the "bunch of racists" could you?

That's because you have only one principle: my way or the highway

He totally trapped you.

If free speech is defined as saying 'anything', as the OP defined, how can a bomb threat be excluded?

Do you even know what 'anything' means?

Bedwetters dont know what freedom is. I couldnt have used freedom or tyranny.. They would have been confused and the poll would have been innacurate like gallup :D

I gave you an example of calling in a bomb threat. Convince me that doesn't fall into the category of saying 'anything'.
OMG really? That is what you are left with?

Did you use the word 'anything' or not?

Yes or no. I'll make THAT question simple.

It doesn't fall into the category of free speech, because calling in a bomb threat isn't a free speech issue you fucking oxygen thief.

It doesn't fall into the category of free speech, because calling in a bomb threat isn't a free speech issue you fucking oxygen thief.

Therefore it's unacceptable to me to let racists have the freedom to say 'anything'.

The OP fucked up. Get over it.

It's free speech if you make it free speech by agreeing that racists should have the freedom to say anything.

That does not help you. I don't understand why you think it does.

You had a choice. You said they both sucked. You wouldn't choose EITHER, not because of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. That's your bullshit pretext. You saw the "bunch of racists" part and that fucked up your ability to choose. Your example perfectly illustrates your intolerance for opposing speech, because you SPECIFICALLY made it about race. Stop with your bullshit pretext.

You hate freedom. Admit it.

It's free speech if you make it free speech by agreeing that racists should have the freedom to say anything.

No it is not. NO ONE has "free speech" to call in a bomb threat PERIOD. So arguing that racists should also have free speech, isn't arguing that they should be able to make bomb threats.

Come on man, there is absolutely no reason to be so disingenuous in your arguments. Just move on if you don't like the discussion.

That's my last comment to you on this topic by the way, because clearly I've made my point and you are the only in here arguing that anyone has said racists should have the right to make bomb threats.

That does not help you. I don't understand why you think it does.

You had a choice. You said they both sucked. You wouldn't choose EITHER, not because of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. That's your bullshit pretext. You saw the "bunch of racists" part and that fucked up your ability to choose. Your example perfectly illustrates your intolerance for opposing speech, because you SPECIFICALLY made it about race. Stop with your bullshit pretext.

You hate freedom. Admit it.

I didn't choose either because I think our 1st Amendment gets free speech right, by protecting it with some reasonable limitations.

Since the OP did not offer that choice, I said both choices were unacceptable.

You gave an example of racists threatening to bomb a black church.

I would believe you, had you gone with defamation or some other abusive speech, but you couldn't help yourself. It had to be a race thing.

I didn't choose either because I think our 1st Amendment gets free speech right, by protecting it with some reasonable limitations.

you are such a liar :lol:

No it is not. NO ONE has "free speech" to call in a bomb threat PERIOD. So arguing that racists should also have free speech, isn't arguing that they should be able to make bomb threats.

Come on man, there is absolutely no reason to be so disingenuous in your arguments. Just move on if you don't like the discussion.

That's my last comment to you on this topic by the way, because clearly I've made my point and you are the only in here arguing that anyone has said racists should have the right to make bomb threats.

If you make ALL speech protected speech, then yelling fire in a crowded theatre becomes protected speech.

The OP's first choice made ALL speech protected speech. If he didn't want to do so, he should have said so.

you are such a liar :lol:

You didn't tell us what you meant by 'anything'.

Do you have a definition of 'anything' that the rest of us don't know about?

:lol:

You saw "bunch of racists" and ran for the hills.

You wish. Keep digging. You get that hole deep enough maybe you'll strike shit and get yourself a refill.

Forum List

Back