Which team looked like they belong in the SB, and which team looked lucky?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
It's going to take more than luck to beat the Patriots in the SB. Brady gets his fourth ring. I wonder if he'll go for five.

Patriots, but not really impressed by either

Will be a great game by, in my opinion, two of the weakest champions I've seen in years.

I think you are right, neither team has really impressed this year.

New England is hated, Seattle, most people are indifferent and in this Super Bowl, will have more people rooting for them.

It's going to take more than luck to beat the Patriots in the SB. Brady gets his fourth ring. I wonder if he'll go for five.

Why? Do you think the Pat's chances are looking good for next season? Maybe Allen will allow Tommy to buy one. He will have to put up with the Seahawk on it though. Next year the Patriots will have a harder time getting past the Colts. They have been steadily getting stronger and stronger. If they ever get a decent Defense..watch out!

Why? Do you think the Pat's chances are looking good for next season? Maybe Allen will allow Tommy to buy one. He will have to put up with the Seahawk on it though. Next year the Patriots will have a harder time getting past the Colts. They have been steadily getting stronger and stronger. If they ever get a decent Defense..watch out!
There you go with that "if" thing again.lol

I think one thing that will be a deterrent for both Green Bay and New England will be free agency and salary caps which Seattle isn't burden by. In fact Seattle will benefit from players they lost last year as they will get an added draft choice for each player that was signed by other teams.

The Super Bowl this year will be similar to last years game in that Seattle will be the underdog. But like last year AFC teams don't play that often against teams with a defense like Seattle's. The blowout results my not be the same but Seattle should win on the strength of their defense.
Last year it was the 55 touchdown passes and a zillion passing yards by Manning that made the Broncos the favorite, in the NFC championship game this year it was the Player of the Year Aaron Rodgers...Seattle prevailed in both now its Brady......For Seattle its one game at a time....

I think one thing that will be a deterrent for both Green Bay and New England will be free agency and salary caps which Seattle isn't burden by. In fact Seattle will benefit from players they lost last year as they will get an added draft choice for each player that was signed by other teams.

The Super Bowl this year will be similar to last years game in that Seattle will be the underdog. But like last year AFC teams don't play that often against teams with a defense like Seattle's. The blowout results my not be the same but Seattle should win on the strength of their defense.
Last year it was the 55 touchdown passes and a zillion passing yards by Manning that made the Broncos the favorite, in the NFC championship game this year it was the Player of the Year Aaron Rodgers...Seattle prevailed in both now its Brady......For Seattle its one game at a time....

How's is Seattle an underdog in a Pick'em game?

Will be a great game by, in my opinion, two of the weakest champions I've seen in years.

Are you telling me you weren't impressed with Seattle come back against Green Bay or the blow out win against Denver last year?

Seattle looked good for 5 minutes. The rest of the game, they were terrible, parity is a reality.

Seattle doesn't look as good as last year so, the win over Denver almost a year ago doesn't mean anything.

good point.thats a MAJOR if. as someone who hates the CHEATRIOTS obviously,i think the hawks will win this game but I am not confidant about it like I was last year where if I could find anybody willing to put up their life savings against mine I would have bet it all so I could only find someone who was willing to lose $500.OO back then.

Harvin while not a factor in the playoffslast year,WAS a factor in the superbowl blowout.they wont have him to lean on this time.that was one of the reasons why the packers game was closer this time around. Plus Manning always gets scared in big games and panics which is why there was never a doubt in my line last year. Brady is this generations Joe Montana though.calm and cool under the most stressful situations so I don't see this one being easy like last years.

Actually Seattle is a half point favorite. But as the next two weeks goes on and we find out more about the injury situation it may change. Also when the East Coast press ramps up you will see New England being the favorite and I am sure the Pats are in the East..

Vegas has it a toss....

Are you telling me you weren't impressed with Seattle come back against Green Bay or the blow out win against Denver last year?

Seattle looked good for 5 minutes. The rest of the game, they were terrible, parity is a reality.

Seattle doesn't look as good as last year so, the win over Denver almost a year ago doesn't mean anything.

The same thing was said about the 49ers game last year when Sherman tipped a last gasp pass, three inches higher and San Francisco would have been in the big show.

Actually most of Seattle offensive and defensive stats are better this year then last, or at least equal.
Don't judge one game by what Seattle can and has done.

Actually Seattle is a half point favorite. But as the next two weeks goes on and we find out more about the injury situation it may change. Also when the East Coast press ramps up you will see New England being the favorite and I am sure the Pats are in the East..

Vegas has it a toss....
i am not confidant at all about the seahawks winning this one,nothing will keep sherman or thomas out of the game but they wont be 100%.man why did they have to go and get hurt NOW at the worst possible time.:bang3:

good point.thats a MAJOR if. as someone who hates the CHEATRIOTS obviously,i think the hawks will win this game but I am not confidant about it like I was last year where if I could find anybody willing to put up their life savings against mine I would have bet it all so I could only find someone who was willing to lose $500.OO back then.

Harvin while not a factor in the playoffslast year,WAS a factor in the superbowl blowout.they wont have him to lean on this time.that was one of the reasons why the packers game was closer this time around. Plus Manning always gets scared in big games and panics which is why there was never a doubt in my line last year. Brady is this generations Joe Montana though.calm and cool under the most stressful situations so I don't see this one being easy like last years.
elaborating more on this,with how weak the AFC is,the ravens wil more than likely be their only competion they have to worry about next year.Had the Ravens had a healthy scondary they woudl have won the game more than likely.thats what hurt them.

Forum List

Back