Where is Obama and Holder on Suing LA and CA

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Police To Ignore California Impound Law Amid Concern Of Fairness To Illegal Immigrants | Fox News

They said they are suing AL and AZ because immigration is the Feds job and the local government. Yet once again the CA sanctuary cities give perferential treatment to the illegal immigrants and REFUSE to uphold the law. In fact, in this cases they are openly IGNORING IT.

Come on Holder and Obama stick to what you did in AZ and AL, attack State and Local government who will do the job the FED refuses to do!

This LIBERAL GUIDED decision will allowed illegals to DRIVE without a LICENSE!!! What about an American citizens, should they be able to drive without a license? Nope, their cars get impounded. They have to pay fines, they get a ticket, they have to go to court and they get charged with a crime! WTF is wrong with CA, why do they insist on putting illegals in front of citizens.

Doesn't matter the STATISTICS show that unlicensed drivers are the most dangerous on the road (next to drunk drivers, to which many illegals fall into both categories)!

Police To Ignore California Impound Law Amid Concern Of Fairness To Illegal Immigrants | Fox News
Opponents of Beck's decision are furious and refer to studies showing unlicensed drivers are among the most dangerous on the road. Indeed, a 2011 AAA study titled "Unlicensed to Kill" finds they are five times more likely to be involved in fatal crashes and more likely to flee the scene of a crime.

The decision has angered Don Rosenberg, a resident of Los Angeles County, who lost his 25-year old son, Drew, in a 2010 accident caused by an unlicensed driver in San Francisco, a city with lax impound policies. The driver, who tried fleeing the scene, had previously been pulled over but was allowed to retrieve his car after a short time, months before the accident.

"It doesn't matter to me who killed my son-- what their nationality was. It was the fact that if the law were followed, he'd be alive today," Rosenberg told Fox News.

Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley wrote Chief Beck, saying his policy would be "invalid" in light of state law, which states a vehicle "shall be impounded." But supporters of Beck's decision say, regardless of the law, he's doing the right thing for illegal immigrants who cannot yet obtain driver's licenses here.

"A low-income person doesn't have the ability to pay the fees after 30 days to get their car back," said Cardinal Roger Mahony, former Archbishop of Los Angeles and an immigration activist. "Basically, we're just creating more punitive problems for them."

The L.A. Police Commission voted in favor of the new policy 4-1 last month. The LAPD says officers will begin implementing it in a matter of weeks. The city attorney has also sided with Beck's decision.

Immigrant advocates say the controversy highlights the need to provide provisional driver's licenses for illegal immigrants.

Don Rosenberg says he'd favor that, as long as the police enforce state law by impounding unlicensed drivers' cars when pulled over. But he believes that the city is pandering to the Latino community and doesn't hold out hope that the policy will change anytime soon.

"It's more important that people who are in the country illegally get to drive than it is that people who are here get to live," he said.

There is probably a little more to this than stated here. For a while, NC had a law about seizing the vehicles of DUI offenders. The vehicles were to be sold and the proceeds to go to the schools. In very short order, the towing and storage of the vehicles cost more than could be recovered from the sale of the vehicles.

I would be willing to bet that a lot of these vehicles aren't worth recovering by the owner, once you tack a bunch of fees on them. The municipalities probably already know what it cost to be stuck with and have to dispose of a bunch of ragged old cars.

I'd bet you lunch THAT plays heavily into this reluctance to impound the cars.

The left in CA likes the road carnage that result from giving illegal aliens the right to drive without a license or insurance.

They pick and choose winner and losers in business, why not in law? Fits their M.O.

There is probably a little more to this than stated here. For a while, NC had a law about seizing the vehicles of DUI offenders. The vehicles were to be sold and the proceeds to go to the schools. In very short order, the towing and storage of the vehicles cost more than could be recovered from the sale of the vehicles.

I would be willing to bet that a lot of these vehicles aren't worth recovering by the owner, once you tack a bunch of fees on them. The municipalities probably already know what it cost to be stuck with and have to dispose of a bunch of ragged old cars.

I'd bet you lunch THAT plays heavily into this reluctance to impound the cars.

You got to be kidding. Most of the cars driven by illegal aliens have spokes that are worth more than cars we drive. They don't drive junk cars.

Illegals buy junk cars and when they break down, just abandon them.

The targets are those who have something to lose, like American citizens. CA has long had an opinon that illegals are somehow better people and more valuable than American citizens. That's why when an illegal kills a citizen nothing happens, but when a citizen kills an illegal, there are protests in the streets for "justice".

The targets are those who have something to lose, like American citizens. CA has long had an opinon that illegals are somehow better people and more valuable than American citizens. That's why when an illegal kills a citizen nothing happens, but when a citizen kills an illegal, there are protests in the streets for "justice".

Well California is now majority Hispanic right? you can count on things getting worse, not better.

Well California is now majority Hispanic right? you can count on things getting worse, not better.

WAY off topic but...great rack!

WAY off topic but...great rack!

Thats my future wife.

You got to be kidding. Most of the cars driven by illegal aliens have spokes that are worth more than cars we drive. They don't drive junk cars.

Katzndogz said:

You two might want to get together and decide on a uniform approach to hyperbole.

Katzndogz said:

You two might want to get together and decide on a uniform approach to hyperbole.

I've lived in So Cal for a loooonnnnng time. They treat cars like furniture, which they dump in the street hoping someone will haul it away. The cars aren't even registered in a real name. The illegals change names every time they change jobs. Sometimes if its a car that has value in the parts, they'll park it on a front lawn and cannibalize the parts for other junk cars leaving the carcass to rust.

Katzndogz said:

I've lived in So Cal for a loooonnnnng time. They treat cars like furniture, which they dump in the street hoping someone will haul it away. The cars aren't even registered in a real name. The illegals change names every time they change jobs. Sometimes if its a car that has value in the parts, they'll park it on a front lawn and cannibalize the parts for other junk cars leaving the carcass to rust.

This is my observation also. I do see the occasional tricked out car with the rims and all that but that seems to be the exception to the rule, from my experience. They tend to drive cheap junkers. Which gets me back to my point..... impounding near worthless vehicles is a loser for the municipalities that have to tow, store and dispose of them. We did away with the DUI seizures in a hurry because we had school systems that SPENT money after auctioning cars, to pay for the handling expenses.

This is my observation also. I do see the occasional tricked out car with the rims and all that but that seems to be the exception to the rule, from my experience. They tend to drive cheap junkers. Which gets me back to my point..... impounding near worthless vehicles is a loser for the municipalities that have to tow, store and dispose of them. We did away with the DUI seizures in a hurry because we had school systems that SPENT money after auctioning cars, to pay for the handling expenses.

Those illegals drive shit cars, dress like shit and live in shitty houses, but best believe they got tens of thousands of dollars stashed away in Mexico, most illegals send nearly everything they earn back to Mexico and live here on welfare and food stamps. My girlfriend is half Mexican/Half Bolivian, her stepfather sent every dime he earned to Mexico almost and they lived here nearly dirt poor, illegals are not scared of living hand to foot.

The only reason for impounding these vehicles is that it gets an unsafe driver off the road for a little while, at least. These illegals are responsible for an uncomfortable number of deaths. Deaths that they really don't feel any responsibility for. No matter who they kill, it is always their rights that are violated.

Those illegals drive shit cars, dress like shit and live in shitty houses, but best believe they got tens of thousands of dollars stashed away in Mexico, most illegals send nearly everything they earn back to Mexico and live here on welfare and food stamps. My girlfriend is half Mexican/Half Bolivian, her stepfather sent every dime he earned to Mexico almost and they lived here nearly dirt poor, illegals are not scared of living hand to foot.

Illegals are not eligible for welfare or any federal programs like it. Matter of fact, "welfare" doesn't even exist anymore. It was replaced in '96 - '97 by something called "TANF".

The only reason for impounding these vehicles is that it gets an unsafe driver off the road for a little while, at least. These illegals are responsible for an uncomfortable number of deaths. Deaths that they really don't feel any responsibility for. No matter who they kill, it is always their rights that are violated.

And you know how other people "feel" how? You have a "feel - o - meter" or something that makes you privy to folks feelings?

Illegals are not eligible for welfare or any federal programs like it. Matter of fact, "welfare" doesn't even exist anymore. It was replaced in '96 - '97 by something called "TANF".

Illegals get welfare as soon as they can pop out a jackpot baby or live with a woman that has popped out a jackpot baby. Once the jackpot baby is born, the entire family is eligible for a plethora of benefits under the umbrella of welfare. TANF is outright cash. Then there's EBT cards, Section 8 housing, MediCal. Basically free everything or so low cost as to be close to free.

Illegals get welfare as soon as they can pop out a jackpot baby or live with a woman that has popped out a jackpot baby. Once the jackpot baby is born, the entire family is eligible for a plethora of benefits under the umbrella of welfare. TANF is outright cash. Then there's EBT cards, Section 8 housing, MediCal. Basically free everything or so low cost as to be close to free.

So.... what you are saying is that the US citizen child gets these things.

Yeah, citizens are eligible. Illegals are not.

Forum List

Back