Zone1 Where Does God, Anywhere, Endorse the Homosexual Lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never reject God.
He gives me some of my funniest material.
Besides
To reject would imply it was real.
God is a fantasy to scare litttle kids and the ignorant into submission with made-up threats of hell and eternity of punishment.

I'm not more worried about God than I am the Hulk, Darkseid, or Lex Luthor.
But
You guys have a book that's supposed to guide your behaviors.
I simply point out that your actions and words are directly opposed to your God's wishes.

That's your hell sonny.
nobody cares.
But Atheist NEED to evangelize.

What you don't get is your own words fulfill prophecy. It was predicted 2,000 years ago people would say, "The Lord delays His coming.

You want to believe Christians have this "need" to save you from your own foolishness. Maybe you'll find someone who does, but that's not me. Whether He comes next year, or another 2,000 years, is irrelevant. The MOST time you have to get it right is THIS life. When yours is over, IT'S over.

nobody cares.
But Atheist NEED to evangelize.

What you don't get is your own words fulfill prophecy. It was predicted 2,000 years ago people would say, "The Lord delays His coming.

You want to believe Christians have this "need" to save you from your own foolishness. Maybe you'll find someone who does, but that's not me. Whether He comes next year, or another 2,000 years, is irrelevant. The MOST time you have to get it right is THIS life. When yours is over, IT'S over.
But but But

What about heaven?
Jeebers said we go to heaven like right after.
Are you calling the leader of your faith a liar?

They've been saying that for 2000 years.

Speaking for the rest of the world, the myths designed to frighten the ignorant into submission don't work for us.
Things had to be in place. All have watched revelation unfold for many years. They cant see it though because 99% are in darkness.

Things had to be in place. All have watched revelation unfold for many years. They cant see it though because 99% are in darkness.
He's God, duh!
Why doesn't God just put things in place?

If God were concerned about a "certain physical act" why would God, who has the power to do so, make the act even possible?
The same could be said about murder, stealing, and adultery. Genesis notes that mankind wanted the knowledge of both good and evil. No, I am not saying homosexuality is evil. My point is that God is concerned with our spiritual health.

May if folks were a little less certain about what they think God thinks
I see God's word much the same as I see signs that say, "Danger! Quicksand!" or "Danger! Undertow!" Or, for that matter, the law of gravity. People of faith know that God's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways. However, most discover following God's laws works out well.

As far as the accusation against people being certain they know what God thinks, couldn't the same be true of people who say God wouldn't have made something possible if He didn't want it to occur?

Hate?
I don't see anyone passing laws making you illegal.
How is any person illegal? It is the act (murder for example) that is illegal, not the person. For example, it would be illegal for me to lead a prayer in school. That doesn't make me illegal, it makes me leading a prayer in school illegal.

Speaking for the rest of the world, the myths designed to frighten the ignorant into submission don't work for us.
Nice spin, but for people of faith, the Law is a guide to assist us through this life. It is not frightening at all. You may as well announce that education is designed to frighten the ignorant into submission, that they won't succeed if they do not submit to education.

However, the spin does make a great excuse for ignoring God, does it not? Instead, believe it is a myth designed to frighten. The heart knows it is just an excuse to do what one wants. People are free to do what they want...no excuse needed. Give that some thought.

God is a fantasy to scare litttle kids and the ignorant into submission with made-up threats of hell and eternity of punishment.
Is that how someone introduced God to you? Or did you make it up?

The same could be said about murder, stealing, and adultery. Genesis notes that mankind wanted the knowledge of both good and evil. No, I am not saying homosexuality is evil. My point is that God is concerned with our spiritual health.
Homosexuality has been around since long before the Bible was written.
Homosexual activity was common especially among the military. An any port in the storm thing.
Homosexual activity is observed in animals

If there were a God then God created homosexuals because God want's homosexuals.
Otherwise God would not have created the capability to perform homosexual acts.
and
By hating homosexuals you hate God's creation.

I see God's word much the same as I see signs that say, "Danger! Quicksand!" or "Danger! Undertow!" Or, for that matter, the law of gravity. People of faith know that God's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways. However, most discover following God's laws works out well.

As far as the accusation against people being certain they know what God thinks, couldn't the same be true of people who say God wouldn't have made something possible if He didn't want it to occur?
The only Laws God passed down were the 10 commandments.
As I recall homosexuals are not mentioned in Moses' top 10.

And

So you're saying that when God created homosexuals he screwed up?
Pretty sure that falls under taking the Lord's name in vain.

How is any person illegal? It is the act (murder for example) that is illegal, not the person. For example, it would be illegal for me to lead a prayer in school. That doesn't make me illegal, it makes me leading a prayer in school illegal.
Illegal aliens
You know, the kind you guys hate.
If you sit there and deny the laws being passed in Florida, Montana, Texas, Kentucky and other places then you are being dishonest.

He doesn't. There is only condemnation and followers of Israel God are COMMANDED to avoid anything outside of male/female marriage

• The argument that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality in the gospels is misleading and illogical for at least five reasons:
  1. The gospels are not more authoritative than those books of the Bible that condemn homosexual behavior. All authors of Scripture were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.7
  2. The gospels are not comprehensive. Some of the Bible’s most important teachings—the explanation of spiritual gifts, the Priesthood of Christ, the doctrine of man’s old and new nature—appear in other books of the Bible.
  3. The gospels do not claim to be a complete account of Jesus’ life or teachings. Sections of Jesus’ life are not discussed in the gospels and we cannot be certain that Jesus never spoke about homosexual behavior.
  4. Scripture teaches that Jesus kept all the Law and affirmed all that the Law and the Prophets taught.8Undoubtedly, this would have included the affirmation of committed, monogamous male-female marriage and an unwavering condemnation of homosexual behavior. Given that all first century orthodox Jews would have held to this standard, the question of affirming homosexuality would not have been open to discussion in Jesus’ day.
  5. Jesus clearly referred to heterosexuality as a standard. He specifically described God’s created intent for human sexuality: “
Which god?

Nice spin, but for people of faith, the Law is a guide to assist us through this life. It is not frightening at all. You may as well announce that education is designed to frighten the ignorant into submission, that they won't succeed if they do not submit to education.

However, the spin does make a great excuse for ignoring God, does it not? Instead, believe it is a myth designed to frighten. The heart knows it is just an excuse to do what one wants. People are free to do what they want...no excuse needed. Give that some thought.
I'm not ignoring "God"
are we not discussing "God?"
Are we not discussing "God's" intent in creating homosexuals?

There is no "God"
There was no 6 day creation
No flood
and on and on

Stories made up to explain what they could not understand.

Your bible has one valid command
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You guys just aren't very good and following "God's" words are you?

FYI as a Buddhist I am
Good for goodness sake
Not because I'm afraid of an imaginary "God"
Not because I'm afraid of some imaginary hell.
Not because I want to go to some fantasy heaven.
I am good because it is the right way to be.
Christians should try it sometimes.

Is that how someone introduced God to you? Or did you make it up?
Yeah, and then they introduced me to Superman, Batman, and Thor and we partied all night in Valhalla.

I went to church regularly as a child. Intelligence and a curious mind allowed me to see behind the curtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back