Zone1 Where Does God, Anywhere, Endorse the Homosexual Lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
He doesn't. There is only condemnation and followers of Israel God are COMMANDED to avoid anything outside of male/female marriage

• The argument that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality in the gospels is misleading and illogical for at least five reasons:
  1. The gospels are not more authoritative than those books of the Bible that condemn homosexual behavior. All authors of Scripture were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.7
  2. The gospels are not comprehensive. Some of the Bible’s most important teachings—the explanation of spiritual gifts, the Priesthood of Christ, the doctrine of man’s old and new nature—appear in other books of the Bible.
  3. The gospels do not claim to be a complete account of Jesus’ life or teachings. Sections of Jesus’ life are not discussed in the gospels and we cannot be certain that Jesus never spoke about homosexual behavior.
  4. Scripture teaches that Jesus kept all the Law and affirmed all that the Law and the Prophets taught.8Undoubtedly, this would have included the affirmation of committed, monogamous male-female marriage and an unwavering condemnation of homosexual behavior. Given that all first century orthodox Jews would have held to this standard, the question of affirming homosexuality would not have been open to discussion in Jesus’ day.
  5. Jesus clearly referred to heterosexuality as a standard. He specifically described God’s created intent for human sexuality: “
Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.9

He doesn't. There is only condemnation and followers of Israel God are COMMANDED to avoid anything outside of male/female marriage

• The argument that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality in the gospels is misleading and illogical for at least five reasons:
  1. The gospels are not more authoritative than those books of the Bible that condemn homosexual behavior. All authors of Scripture were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.7
  2. The gospels are not comprehensive. Some of the Bible’s most important teachings—the explanation of spiritual gifts, the Priesthood of Christ, the doctrine of man’s old and new nature—appear in other books of the Bible.
  3. The gospels do not claim to be a complete account of Jesus’ life or teachings. Sections of Jesus’ life are not discussed in the gospels and we cannot be certain that Jesus never spoke about homosexual behavior.
  4. Scripture teaches that Jesus kept all the Law and affirmed all that the Law and the Prophets taught.8Undoubtedly, this would have included the affirmation of committed, monogamous male-female marriage and an unwavering condemnation of homosexual behavior. Given that all first century orthodox Jews would have held to this standard, the question of affirming homosexuality would not have been open to discussion in Jesus’ day.
  5. Jesus clearly referred to heterosexuality as a standard. He specifically described God’s created intent for human sexuality: “
God made them.

Are you saying you hate God's creations?

Jesus was not god. Jesus was not even a demigod. Jesus was a Jewish man born to and educated in the Jewish religion.
-------
One major source of contention lies in understanding the origins of homosexual orientations. Some authors have understood it as entirely unnatural and a wanton rebellion against biblical wisdom (Igrot Moshe OC4:115). However, many recent scholars, including the late Lubavitcher Rebbe, have understood homosexual inclinations as a reflection of innate, involuntary desires. This position reflects greater affinity with contemporary social science, which generally accepts the notion that however it originates, people do not “choose” their sexual-affectional attraction. Thus the Torah does not prohibit a homosexual orientation, but is rather prohibiting a person from choosing to act on these sexual inclinations.

Jesus was not god. Jesus was not even a demigod. Jesus was a Jewish man born to and educated in the Jewish religion
He said He was.
He said He was the God who delivered Israel out of Egypt He said He was the only God Israel knew.

But then if you believe He wasn't God, to re left with the OT GOD who DID tell you that ENGAGING in homosexuality is a death penalty offense

Again I have to remind you to "stay in your lane." You're looking foolish

Jesus is not the god of Israel. Of Abraham.
He said He was.
He said He was the God who delivered Israel out of Egypt He said He was the only God Israel knew.

But then if you believe He wasn't God, to re left with the OT GOD who DID tell you that ENGAGING in homosexuality is a death penalty offense

Jesus never said anything like that.

You are talking about a Messiah, who would deliver the Jews and Judea to freedom from the Romans, like Moses.

Writing about him saying that he was god is something that later Christians wrote, once they started writing what became the gospels, whichever book it may have been in.

All the stories in the gospels were borrowed from the Hebrew scripture to make it look as if the Messiah for the Christians had arrived and fulfilled all that had been written in the Hebrew Scriptures.

As you do not read beyond the NT and do not care to do any research, you are going to continue to not know what Jesus and the other Jews and Judaism were about, and accept only what Christianity says Jesus was all about.

Homosexuality was not understood 3000 years ago, or 2000 years ago, or 1000 years ago.

You clearly do not understand it now.

Who cares? This God nonsense is the invention of primitive morons.

Your thread is about your hating God's creations.
Bringing in more of your hate doesn't address your hatred of God's creations.
This is what every mentally deranged criminal says. Jeffrey Dahmer said this was the way God made him. So did John Wayne Gacy. Killers, child rapists, cannibals all say this is the way God made them. You must agree with these folks or you hate God's creations.

He said He was.

Jesus NEVER said he was God. And 1 Cor 6:9-11 condemns many sins including homosexuality, adultery, sex out of marriage, etc. Just because one stands up for Gods truth does not in the least make that one a person who hates another because they are failing God. They hate the sin, not the person.

God made them.

Are you saying you hate God's creations?
That is introducing the fallacy of moving the goal posts from the original discussion. Does God endorse homosexuality? For that matter does He endorse macaroni and cheese?

When this life ends and we meet up with God for judgement, does anyone imagine that God will want to discuss our sex lives or how many times we ate macaroni and cheese?

Instead, instead of discussing the physical aspects of our lives, won't God, being Spirit, be more interested in the spiritual component that made up our lives? If a physical aspect of our lives is discussed, how many--of any sexual orientation or any physical appetite--will stand before God whining, "You made me like that. I ate too much chocolate because you made me like chocolate."

Many Roman religions focused on sex. When Christianity came on the scene, it focused, not on the physical aspects of our lives, but the spiritual ones. And that is what we should be focusing on today.

Jesus is not the god of Israel. Of Abraham
Jesus said He was. He said He came to REVEAL His Father.

Do you understand what "reveal" means?

If I came to you and said I want to REVEAL to you my brother, it means you never knew I had a brother and you know nothing about my brother unless I reveal him to you.

Jesus NEVER said he was God. And 1 Cor 6:9-11 condemns many sins including homosexuality, adultery, sex out of marriage, etc. Just because one stands up for Gods truth does not in the least make that one a person who hates another because they are failing God. They hate the sin, not the person.
I understand the JWs teachings all too well.

He revealed Himself as the "I AM."

You may not understand what He was saying, but the Jews of His time did.

I understand the JWs teachings all too well.

He revealed Himself as the "I AM."

You may not understand what He was saying, but the Jews of His time did.
John 20:17, Rev 3:12--the real Jesus

Hebrew scholars say there is no statement that translates-i am that i am in their Hebrew written OT. I will be what i will be is correct--false trinity religions use that mistranslated statement to try to say Jesus said he was God when he said Before Abraham was, i am--He just answered the question posed to him honestly--he lived before Abraham is what he said. No twisting needed.

Psalms 139:
19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back