Zone1 Where Does God, Anywhere, Endorse the Homosexual Lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and then they introduced me to Superman, Batman, and Thor and we partied all night in Valhalla.

I went to church regularly as a child. Intelligence and a curious mind allowed me to see behind the curtain.
Einstein was a pretty smart guy and he believed there is a God, so perhaps you just imagine that you're intelligent. Many stupid people do.

But you don't believe there is a God, so....that makes you a liar. Have a great day, idiot.
And something that doesn't exist talked to you which makes you a liar and possible psychotic.

I'd wish you a nice day but for you that means hating people who've never harmed you because you think some guy on a cloud told you so.

He doesn't. There is only condemnation and followers of Israel God are COMMANDED to avoid anything outside of male/female marriage

• The argument that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality in the gospels is misleading and illogical for at least five reasons:
  1. The gospels are not more authoritative than those books of the Bible that condemn homosexual behavior. All authors of Scripture were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.7
  2. The gospels are not comprehensive. Some of the Bible’s most important teachings—the explanation of spiritual gifts, the Priesthood of Christ, the doctrine of man’s old and new nature—appear in other books of the Bible.
  3. The gospels do not claim to be a complete account of Jesus’ life or teachings. Sections of Jesus’ life are not discussed in the gospels and we cannot be certain that Jesus never spoke about homosexual behavior.
  4. Scripture teaches that Jesus kept all the Law and affirmed all that the Law and the Prophets taught.8Undoubtedly, this would have included the affirmation of committed, monogamous male-female marriage and an unwavering condemnation of homosexual behavior. Given that all first century orthodox Jews would have held to this standard, the question of affirming homosexuality would not have been open to discussion in Jesus’ day.
  5. Jesus clearly referred to heterosexuality as a standard. He specifically described God’s created intent for human sexuality: “

If they don't believe in God, then all bets are off.
It makes no sense that the universe just came from nothing...to humans.
It seems something much bigger and more intelligent than humans knows what we are too simple to understand.
God? Maybe.

But for the love of Pete, what kind of "loving" God creates a world full of so much violence, suffering, hatred and despair?
Really necessary? To what end? Why put the most tempting fruit before your child then forbid them to eat it?
Maybe we have "God" all wrong? Maybe it is a superior force of some kind and we are merely entertainment.

Last edited:
He doesn't. There is only condemnation and followers of Israel God are COMMANDED to avoid anything outside of male/female marriage

• The argument that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality in the gospels is misleading and illogical for at least five reasons:
  1. The gospels are not more authoritative than those books of the Bible that condemn homosexual behavior. All authors of Scripture were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.7
  2. The gospels are not comprehensive. Some of the Bible’s most important teachings—the explanation of spiritual gifts, the Priesthood of Christ, the doctrine of man’s old and new nature—appear in other books of the Bible.
  3. The gospels do not claim to be a complete account of Jesus’ life or teachings. Sections of Jesus’ life are not discussed in the gospels and we cannot be certain that Jesus never spoke about homosexual behavior.
  4. Scripture teaches that Jesus kept all the Law and affirmed all that the Law and the Prophets taught.8Undoubtedly, this would have included the affirmation of committed, monogamous male-female marriage and an unwavering condemnation of homosexual behavior. Given that all first century orthodox Jews would have held to this standard, the question of affirming homosexuality would not have been open to discussion in Jesus’ day.
  5. Jesus clearly referred to heterosexuality as a standard. He specifically described God’s created intent for human sexuality: “

So what?

Lots of people don't worship your god.

Yeah, and then they introduced me to Superman, Batman, and Thor and we partied all night in Valhalla.

I went to church regularly as a child. Intelligence and a curious mind allowed me to see behind the curtain.

I could see your point........
IF you could explain the origins of matter and the primal universe. You can't. No human can. And why haven't we found any other life out there?

Take LSD and your reality becomes distorted. Reality is nothing more than what we perceive through our senses.
I could give you a drug concoction that would have you 100% believe you are seeing and feeling things that don't exist outside your perception.
Whose to say our senses are not being fed false input?

I could see your point........
IF you could explain the origins of matter and the primal universe. You can't. No human can. And why haven't we found any other life out there?

Take LSD and your reality becomes distorted. Reality is nothing more than what we perceive through our senses.
I could give you a drug concoction that would have you 100% believe you are seeing and feeling things that don't exist outside your perception.
Whose to say our senses are not being fed false input?
Because I cannot explain, right now, a particular phenomenon, does not mean I should create some magical guy to explain it.
I should acknowledge tat I don't know and try to find the answer.

The drug to which you're referring is called "religion" and as Marx observed
Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Homosexuality has been around since long before the Bible was written.
Homosexual activity was common especially among the military. An any port in the storm thing.
Homosexual activity is observed in animals
So tell me something new that I don't know. Like...Why are you so defensive?
If there were a God then God created homosexuals because God want's homosexuals.
Otherwise God would not have created the capability to perform homosexual acts.
and
By hating homosexuals you hate God's creation.
Again, I don't hate homosexuals. And this is the last time I will remind you of this. If you're not listening, shrug. Why do you hate me?

And something that doesn't exist talked to you which makes you a liar and possible psychotic.

I'd wish you a nice day but for you that means hating people who've never harmed you because you think some guy on a cloud told you so.
No, I believe that there IS a God. Therefore, you're the liar. You sound confused today.

The only Laws God passed down were the 10 commandments.
As I recall homosexuals are not mentioned in Moses' top 10.

And

So you're saying that when God created homosexuals he screwed up?
Pretty sure that falls under taking the Lord's name in vain.
Adultery covers all sexual sin, but I doubt that matters to many. You--not me--are saying that God erred.

There are many issues in the physical world, and some say all the bad ones are God's fault. I don't see it that way.

Intelligence and a curious mind had me seeking God...we were taught, seek and you shall find. So true.
Please.
Like me you had "God" shoved down your throat as a small child.
But unlike me when they said Noah put to of every animal on the ark you said, "sure, why not."
I said..."Uh, I don't think so, it makes no sense"
and the deeper you look, the less sense it makes.

Illegal aliens
You know, the kind you guys hate.
If you sit there and deny the laws being passed in Florida, Montana, Texas, Kentucky and other places then you are being dishonest.
Why do you hate me? Why do you accuse me of being a hater?

Please.
But unlike me when they said Noah put to of every animal on the ark you said, "sure, why not."
Wrong. Noah didn't put two of EVERY animal on the ark. Some were in pairs, some were more because there were sacrifices and food. Idiot. Read your Bible. Genesis chapter 7.

So tell me something new that I don't know. Like...Why are you so defensive?

Again, I don't hate homosexuals. And this is the last time I will remind you of this. If you're not listening, shrug. Why do you hate me?
"
Homosexuality has been around since long before the Bible was written.
Homosexual activity was common especially among the military. An any port in the storm thing.
Homosexual activity is observed in animals"

What is "defensive about listing known facts?
Of course, since those facts conflict with your chosen belief I can see where you would consider actual facts an attack.

Do LGBTQ+ people deserve the same rights as you?
To live their lives as they please while harming no one?
If the answer isn't absolutely "YES" and you oppose laws that interfere with these people and their lives then you do, indeed, hate homosexuals despite your protestations.

Please.
Consider this: Was 1+1=2 and learning the alphabet "shoved down your throat as a small child"? I am betting that unlike your dismissal of how a child is introduced to religion, you went on to higher math and reading. A primary school version of religion is the beginning, not the all.

Adultery covers all sexual sin, but I doubt that matters to many. You--not me--are saying that God erred.

There are many issues in the physical world, and some say all the bad ones are God's fault. I don't see it that way.
Uh, no
Adultery is
voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.
"she was committing adultery with a much younger man"

The reason for the "ban" is to ensure people know who the parents were both because children were considered property AND to prevent the results of having children produced from unknown incestual relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back