Zone1 Where Does God, Anywhere, Endorse the Homosexual Lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus affirmed that marriage is between a man and a woman. When Jesus was asked about marriage in Matthew 19 and Mark 10, Jesus referred his audience back to Genesis. He reminded them that “God made them male and female” and then said “what God has joined together, let not man separate.” In doing so, He identified the three participants in a biblical marriage: a man, a woman, and God. If Jesus believed same-sex marriage was God’s design, He would not have referred to Genesis as the foundation of marriage. Jesus words are never in conflict with the rest of the Bible. The idea that only Jesus’ words in the gospels reflect what Jesus believed misunderstands who Jesus is. Christianity is clear that Jesus is God. He said this himself. He even said that He came to fulfill and not to abolish the rest of the Word of God. Even if Jesus never spoke about homosexuality during his earthly ministry, the rest of the Bible is clear about it. Silence does not equal consent. Even if Jesus had never said anything about sexuality or marriage, that is not evidence that he approved of same-sex relationships. If silence means approval, then we would also be asked to believe that Jesus condones bestiality and incest as well. No one believes that. Jesus’ relative silence shows His agreement with the consensus of the day. In first century Israel, it was universally recognized that homosexuality was sin. Every extra-biblical Jewish source confirms this. Throughout his earthly ministry, Jesus went out of his way to confront and correct misunderstandings about the law, like he did with rules about the Sabbath. When religious rules were in conflict with God’s design, he was not hesitant to say so. But he did not change their understanding about sexuality and marriage. This is more reasonably understood as agreement with the consensus of the day. Let’s review. If someone tells you that Jesus never talked about homosexuality and therefore approves of it, here’s four things to remember. Jesus affirmed that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman. Jesus confirmed what is written in the rest of scripture. Jesus words are never in conflict with the rest of the Bible. We can’t separate what Jesus said in the gospels from the rest of scripture. He doesn’t allow it. Silence does not equal consent. No one believe Jesus condones bestiality because he didn’t address it in the gospels. Jesus’ silence shows his agreement with the consensus of his day. He could have corrected the consensus on the issue but did not.

This is what every mentally deranged criminal says. Jeffrey Dahmer said this was the way God made him. So did John Wayne Gacy. Killers, child rapists, cannibals all say this is the way God made them. You must agree with these folks or you hate God's creations.
They hurt people.
You don't hate because they hurt someone
You hate because it's what you do.

That is introducing the fallacy of moving the goal posts from the original discussion. Does God endorse homosexuality? For that matter does He endorse macaroni and cheese?

When this life ends and we meet up with God for judgement, does anyone imagine that God will want to discuss our sex lives or how many times we ate macaroni and cheese?

Instead, instead of discussing the physical aspects of our lives, won't God, being Spirit, be more interested in the spiritual component that made up our lives? If a physical aspect of our lives is discussed, how many--of any sexual orientation or any physical appetite--will stand before God whining, "You made me like that. I ate too much chocolate because you made me like chocolate."

Many Roman religions focused on sex. When Christianity came on the scene, it focused, not on the physical aspects of our lives, but the spiritual ones. And that is what we should be focusing on today.
God makes them
God must want them here
I'm pretty sure God didn't put them here for you to hate.
Although, give God's track record, that may be the case.

Jesus said He was. He said He came to REVEAL His Father.

Do you understand what "reveal" means?

If I came to you and said I want to REVEAL to you my brother, it means you never knew I had a brother and you know nothing about my brother unless I reveal him to you.
That is something someone decades later said that he said.

There is only one G_D in Judaism. The G-D of Abraham. There is no other.

If one makes Jesus a god, or the son of a god, then it become paganism, which is what that concept of him and his father, a god, comes from.

Understand Judaism. Stop telling us what Jesus, a Jew, thought or said. Especially when it turns him and all Jews into pagans.

God makes them
God must want them here
I'm pretty sure God didn't put them here for you to hate.
Although, give God's track record, that may be the case.
Sigh. I don't hate them, never have (I wasn't raised that way), but I am starting to wonder if you hate me. Again, my point is: People of the Christian faith should be talking of spiritual--not physical--matters. No one needs to be discussing sex...not if it is a Christian thread.

Psalms 139:
19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
The new covenant= love

They claim that this is the way God made them, why do you hate God's creation?
I hate no one for what they are
I judge those that harm others.

If you believe in God you then believe God created all of us.
When you hate homosexuals you hate because you think God told you to hate.
What kind of God would create beings for the sole purpose of being abused?
Oh, that's right, yours

I hate no one for what they are
I judge those that harm others.

If you believe in God you then believe God created all of us.
When you hate homosexuals you hate because you think God told you to hate.
What kind of God would create beings for the sole purpose of being abused?
Oh, that's right, yours
God did not create homosexuals any more than he created slumlords, polluters, shoplifters, liars, dentists, accountants or IRS agents, or any part of the human condition. They all made decisions the resulted in the life they lead.

God made them.

Are you saying you hate God's creations?
Of course .
Do you love Adolf or President Piss Pants , as two excellent examples ?

If God wants to love them , all the more fool .
Probably explains why everything has gone wrong with his fiddling and tinkering. Just our luck to get a bungler .

God did not create homosexuals any more than he created slumlords, polluters, shoplifters, liars, dentists, accountants or IRS agents, or any part of the human condition. They all made decisions the resulted in the life they lead.
Thanks for telling us the mind of God. For thousands of years they've been telling us that no one can know the intent of God and, yet, here you are.

If God doesn't create them then how do they get here?
Pixie dust?
Could not God" if he wanted, simply make such things impossible?

They're God's creations just as you are and to hate them is an abomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back