Where are the jobs?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Bush sent them overseas.
Tax cuts for the rich did not create any jobs.

Bush Policies Encourage Companies to Send U.S. Jobs Overseas

Aug. 13, 2004—Instead of creating new jobs and championing the interests of America’s workers, the Bush administration actively supports policies that raise the nation’s record trade deficits, subject workers to unfair trade practices and increase the number of good jobs sent overseas, according to The Bush Record on Shipping Jobs Overseas, a new AFL-CIO issue brief.
The brief finds President George W. Bush refuses to fix the flawed international trade, tax and investment policies that destroy good American jobs. Instead, he pursues policies that further erode the standard of living of U.S. workers. For example:

Bush supports tax breaks for companies that move production offshore and other policies that destroy American jobs.

Bush is actively negotiating trade agreements that do not contain enforceable workers’ rights, such as the right to form a union. The Bush administration refuses to enforce workers’ rights provisions in existing agreements.

Bush’s budget cuts shortchange programs designed to help displaced workers and protect workers’ rights overseas.

Bush Policies Encourage Companies to Send U.S. Jobs Over

Obama’s stimulus created jobs.

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs
The White House says the multiyear $814 billion stimulus program passed by Congress in 2009 boosted employment by 2.5 million to 3.6 million jobs and raised the nation's annual economic output by almost $400 billion. A recent study by two prominent economists generally agrees, crediting the pump-priming with averting "what could have been called Great Depression 2.0."
Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Had it not been for Obama, the unemployment rate would be much worse.

Unemployment rate of 9.1% is better than 15%. 9.1% is not going to hurt Obama at all.

i work the dregs of employment, construction

i'm even on a stimulus job right now

can you say HB-1?

~S~

It's the economy, stupid...
:confused:
Analysis: Obama's job security about job creation
Weakening recovery tests foundation of president's optimistic economic message; President Barack Obama cannot escape one giant vulnerability as he bids to keep his job: There are millions of voters who still don't have one.
President Barack Obama cannot escape one giant vulnerability as he bids to keep his job: There are millions of voters who still don't have one. Suddenly, the snapshot of the American economy is depressing again. Job creation is down. So is consumer confidence. And homes sales, auto sales, construction spending, manufacturing expansion. The brutal month of May was a reminder of the economy's fragility and the risks for an incumbent president.

Nothing that Obama oversees, not even a success as dramatic as finding and killing Osama bin Laden, will matter as much as his handling of the economy. It is the dominant driver of voter behavior. People hold their president accountable if they can't find work in the richest country in the world.

The weakening recovery is testing the entire foundation of Obama's optimistic economic message, that the nation is getting stronger all the time. As much as the White House says it never dwells on any single jobs report, and Obama never even mentioned the troubling one released Friday, the stakes get higher by the month.

GOP message for 2012: 'Obama has failed'

But but but, I thought Republicans were all about "Jobs, jobs, jobs".

Yes, Obama's stimulus created or saved 2 million jobs. But in the process we lost millions more. I think you look at the unemployment rate that is going back up you'll discover that we've had a net job loss the last couple of years.

Remember, economists said the Bush recession ended way back in the Summer of 09'.

The problem with a President that won't be honest about his plans for raising taxes is that nobody can afford to risk hiring new employees if they don't know how much it will cost them. They have to budget what the expenses will be.

Last edited:
Depends on the career field. I work in Nondestructive Testing for aviation. The guys who inspect the planes when a hole forms in the fuselage, during flight. We are so undermanned it's not funny. Where I work the youngest guy is 39, there are 15 of us. We can't get young people, because of the math.

Depends on the career field. I work in Nondestructive Testing for aviation. The guys who inspect the planes when a hole forms in the fuselage, during flight. We are so undermanned it's not funny. Where I work the youngest guy is 39, there are 15 of us. We can't get young people, because of the math.

Hopefully you find it before it becomes a hole. Finding microscopic cracks is more advantageous.

They do NDT for high-pressure welding too. Can't have any flaws in a weld if the pressure is 2400 psi of superheated steam. That would damn near cut you in half.

What kind of math do you need to know to look for holes in fusalage?:confused:

I had to rent a car recently.

Guy at the rental booth at the airport must have been, like, 115 years old.

Guy that drove the rental bus to the lot just swam off the boat from Somalia.

Incomprehensible Girl behind the rental counter seemed to be some sort of Pakistani.

Guy that checked my license out of the lot was slightly older than the 115 year old.

Americans don't want to work: But wait until next month when 99 weeks of unemployment checks end.

But liberoidal halfwit douchebags hate "burger-flipper" jobs!

so ar eyou saying that right wing douchbags got all the McDonalds jobs?
I'm saying that when job increases in the service sector occur when the president has an (R) by his name, liberoidal dickweeds disparage them as "burger flipper" jobs.

Nevermind the fact that well-paying jobs in IT, medical care and building maintenance (i.e. HVAC) are service jobs.

"Where are the Jobs?"

Why in DC of course for the gummit....:)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 at 07:02 AM PDT.
Metro DC Unemployment Rate: 5.4%by ThinkFirst .

Yeah, you read that right folks. With a labor civilian labor force of over 3 million workers, the Washington DC metro area unemployment rate in April, 2011, was 5.4%, down from 6.6% in March, 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor.

Daily Kos: Metro DC Unemployment Rate: 5.4%

Incomprehensible Girl behind the rental counter seemed to be some sort of Pakistani.

Guy that checked my license out of the lot was slightly older than the 115 year old.

Americans don't want to work: But wait until next month when 99 weeks of unemployment checks end.

They're supposed to call before the hole forms, but they cut inspections to save money.

Here's the math:
EC Formula

Ultrasonic Formula

Angle Beam Trig Calculations

Radiography Formula

They're supposed to call before the hole forms, but they cut inspections to save money.

Here's the math:
EC Formula

Ultrasonic Formula

Radiography Formula

Seems like someone needs to invent something like a stud-finder that any moron could use to run over a surface and find thin points.

However, I doubt that most applicants could even do this activity with any reliability. Most cannot pass a drug screen.

Here's the math:
EC Formula

Ultrasonic Formula

Radiography Formula

Seems like someone needs to invent something like a stud-finder that any moron could use to run over a surface and find thin points.

However, I doubt that most applicants could even do this activity with any reliability. Most cannot pass a drug screen.

They are called thickness detectors. But you can't find cracks with that. Subsurface cracks propagating throughout the rivet rows is what causes the holes to open. The math is just formulas but a lot of young people get overwhelmed and give up.

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Bush sent them overseas.
Tax cuts for the rich did not create any jobs.

Bush Policies Encourage Companies to Send U.S. Jobs Overseas

Aug. 13, 2004—Instead of creating new jobs and championing the interests of America’s workers, the Bush administration actively supports policies that raise the nation’s record trade deficits, subject workers to unfair trade practices and increase the number of good jobs sent overseas, according to The Bush Record on Shipping Jobs Overseas, a new AFL-CIO issue brief.
The brief finds President George W. Bush refuses to fix the flawed international trade, tax and investment policies that destroy good American jobs. Instead, he pursues policies that further erode the standard of living of U.S. workers. For example:

Bush supports tax breaks for companies that move production offshore and other policies that destroy American jobs.

Bush is actively negotiating trade agreements that do not contain enforceable workers’ rights, such as the right to form a union. The Bush administration refuses to enforce workers’ rights provisions in existing agreements.

Bush’s budget cuts shortchange programs designed to help displaced workers and protect workers’ rights overseas.

Bush Policies Encourage Companies to Send U.S. Jobs Over

Obama’s stimulus created jobs.

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs
The White House says the multiyear $814 billion stimulus program passed by Congress in 2009 boosted employment by 2.5 million to 3.6 million jobs and raised the nation's annual economic output by almost $400 billion. A recent study by two prominent economists generally agrees, crediting the pump-priming with averting "what could have been called Great Depression 2.0."
Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Had it not been for Obama, the unemployment rate would be much worse.

Unemployment rate of 9.1% is better than 15%. 9.1% is not going to hurt Obama at all.

Bush only really presided over the lingering effects of trade policy that was started by Reagan and really spun into high gear by Clinton. Clinton was very fortunate that the Dot Com bubble masked an otherwise treacherous foreign trade policy. The worst one can accuse Bush of is fiddling while Rome burned.

Forum List

Back