When did we become a medieval society?

You trust this government?

After Artichoke and MK-Ultra? After Gardenplot and Urban Warrior?
....And, each-of-those impacted you, how???

handjob.gif
So you're cool with the holocaust and Rwanda, since you weren't there? :cuckoo:

Our entire nation was founded on not trusting what the bureacrats running things were saying and doing.

So I'd say it started in the 1700's and has been going on consistently up to and including now.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......​

"I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - THOMAS JEFFERSON

I guess the Teabaggers have forgotten about the moneyed corporations part.....seeing-as-how they're constantly coming-to-the-rescue of the same people they used to blame, for ripping-off everyone (until Porky Limbaugh pointed-out the error of their ways....and, saved himself some serious buck$).

Funny how all that works-out......for Porky.​

I'm disheartened by the rabid bloodlust I see on this board, and in certain media, over releasing these images, and the hysterical ranting about what people would do with his body.

He's dead. This particular terrorist is dead. Let's focus on destroying the rest of the bastards.

It's nothing new.

some want to see it cuz it's news
Some just want it as proof for closure
some are sick freaks that get off on it

seriously, bloodlust, gore, the macabre, is not a 20th century invention

Yea, but we really should be slightly more civilized than that. I expect to see ranting and raving and disgusting images from our enemy... we are better than them. We should act like it.

This is where things get twisted.

If we are actually better, then we should have gather the needed pics and dna and left him there for his family to bury and mourn.

Here is a simple fact that would end this debate among sane people.

IF Bin Laden were alive and free his press conference would have aired on Al Jazeer within hours of Obama's announcing that he was dead. The FACT that we haven't heard from the asshole is proof that he is not at large.

And if our government has decided to announce his death so that they can take their sweet time torturing him for information, or merely for the sport of it, then who cares? Either way he's gone.

That and the fact that over 100 persons, to include honorable men and women in the DOD, would have to be complicit in this "lie" and the fact that Pakistan is holding his family and that his little daughter witnessed the whole thing which would also have to be fabricated and the fact that there is the smoking hull of a UH-60 in a random compound in Pakistan that we had to also fabricate.

But you are talking logic. That automatically dq's the conspiracy minded.

Wanting a photo of a dead guy is rather ridiculous. I would've settled for his head on a silver platter or one made of copper.
Ah, yes.....Biblical-methods, rather-than medieval-methods.

Big difference......except when the Middle Eastern folks participate. Then, it's evil.

handjob.gif

I don't need to see his body or his head or whatever, but I couldn't resist a Monty Python-type joke.

and what if he were already dead?

THen I would be fine with them lying to the American people if it meant closure for the victims of 911.

But common sense tells me they wouldn't lie unless they knew for a fact that he was dead and if they knew for a fact before this incident they wouldn't have waited until now. Unless you prescribe to the asinine theory that Obama KNEW he'd need some political capital at the beginning of May, 2011. Also one would have to prescribe to the ridiculous notion that ANYONE in our government is capable of keeping a secret for any length of time.

They shot the mother fucker and killed him, yay for freedom. End of story.

I'm not even saying I think they're lying, it's just an instance where a basic photo would end everything. With all the lies I've already been told from government about this it'd be nice to see the photo. I'm just cynical of government because common sense tells me to be after hearing 25 years of lies on just about every issue a bureacrat can blather about.

I don't see what the negative is in releasing a photo.

A simple picture WONT be enough. That's the problem.

IF Bin Laden were alive and free his press conference would have aired on Al Jazeer within hours of Obama's announcing that he was dead. The FACT that we haven't heard from the asshole is proof that he is not at large.

And if our government has decided to announce his death so that they can take their sweet time torturing him for information, or merely for the sport of it, then who cares? Either way he's gone.

Hypotheticals!!

Aren't they grand....for those folks too troubled with Reality?

303.gif

I really don't see a problem with wanting his head on a Pike in the middle of times square after all he did seem to like NY.

THen I would be fine with them lying to the American people if it meant closure for the victims of 911.
Aw, jeez......

.....are you??
eusa_doh.gif

when did we become the kind of people that clamor for a photo of a dead guy or we won't believe he's really dead?

some of y'all are just fucked.

true story

thanks

Shortly after the fall of the Roman empire. some people think it was the vikings that caused the fall, but I think it was the damage done earlier by the Huns.

Please pick any time, any at all, that we as a people, were squeemish about blood.
Corporate-boardrooms....any time.​

I'm not even saying I think they're lying, it's just an instance where a basic photo would end everything. With all the lies I've already been told from government about this it'd be nice to see the photo. I'm just cynical of government because common sense tells me to be after hearing 25 years of lies on just about every issue a bureacrat can blather about.

I don't see what the negative is in releasing a photo.

The only real reason i could see is that 1/2 his forehead got blown off. That would be pretty grusome. You may not even recognize him.

Even then you could drop a rag on that part of his forehead and take it.

The hanging video was pretty gruesome of Saddam, didn't stop us then, still can't think of a reason not to release a photo now.
Sounds like you're in-need of some combat-time.

That'll cure ya.​

when did we become the kind of people that clamor for a photo of a dead guy or we won't believe he's really dead?
true story
thanks
I'd rather see his head on a pike, displayed at ground zero, placed in such a way that anyone that wanted to could piss on it.

Given the claim, it's perfectly reasonable to ask for proof.

Last edited:
Not so - it proves that we have not heard ftom him to this point.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

true story
thanks
I'd rather see his head on a pike, diplsayed at ground zero, placed in such a way that anyone that wanted to could piss on it.

Which is why you'll never be the POTUS.

I'd like to know how they kept all the sailors away.

Considering this is the age of tech.

How did they unload a body from a helo, stow it, clean it, dress it up for a ceremony, have a ceremony and toss him into the deep blue sea.

And not a single man was able to get a single pic or video?

fuck, the more I think about this, the more paranoid I become.

The primary reason to have evidence of his death is the same as it always has been...to serve as a warning to our enemies, and proof to them that he is, indeed, dead.

In the old days, enemies of the state were quartered and their pieces sent to the 4 corners of the country. We don't do that anymore, but it is natural and universal to want to show our enemies that we really have killed one of their leaders.

War is nasty business. You can piss and moan about how uncivilized it is to want photos, or to even discuss whether or not photos should be displayed, but you're being naive if you do. This is part and parcel of war. It's brutal and ugly, and altogether necessary.

true story
thanks
I'd rather see his head on a pike, diplsayed at ground zero, placed in such a way that anyone that wanted to could piss on it.
Which is why you'll never be the POTUS.
As if I wanted the pay cut.
:cuckoo:

I'd like to know how they kept all the sailors away.

Considering this is the age of tech.

How did they unload a body from a helo, stow it, clean it, dress it up for a ceremony, have a ceremony and toss him into the deep blue sea.

And not a single man was able to get a single pic or video?

fuck, the more I think about this, the more paranoid I become.

Are you serious?

By that logic, how does the Admiral keep the sailors from rummaging through his desk drawers?

C'mon.

Forum List

Back