When did we become a medieval society?

Well, I agree.

He openly made war against the US. That removes any onus we might have had to arrest him and bring him in - his life was always fair game.

BUT... even in war, if you try to surrender, your opponent must make every effort to allow you to do so.
Why do you think he tried to surrender?
I don't.
But I also havent seen anthing that definitively states that he did -not- try to surrender.
This, the possibility remains open. Without the definitive story, there' no way to rule -anyting- out.

Certainly possible.

And really, why should it matter?
As I said:
Even in war, if you try to surrender, your opponent must make every effort to allow you to do so.

I find it nauseating that whenever our guys do something right, asshole armchair soldiers shit all over them.
That's because you aren't paying attention. Try harder.

That's why you'll never be the #1 man in the stack.

I find it odd, after the run up to the war in Iraq, who is -not- asking for proof.

I also haven't seen the definitive story-
Did we go in to kill rather than capture?
Did OBL resist? Was he armed? Did he try to surrender? Was he killed anyway?
If OBL did try to surrender and was killed anyway, who made that call? When?
The mission was to kill or capture.
You sure?

I am sure the SEAL team had to place a call to Obama for clearance to fire.
-I- am sure they had very clear rules of engagement (ROE).
The question, my soft-skulled freind, is - what were the ROE and who gave them?
If the ROE said to kill OBL under -all- circumstances, there may be a significant issue.

The guy behind the trigger made the decision to shoot. Who knows what his reasons were.
Exactly my point. Well done.
Now you get your own:
:cuckoo:
Only because you apparently don't have the capacity to see the potentiial depth of the issue here.

Why do you think he tried to surrender?
I don't.
But I also havent seen anthing that definitively states that he did -not- try to surrender.
This, the possibility remains open. Without the definitive story, there' no way to rule -anyting- out.

Certainly possible.

As I said:
Even in war, if you try to surrender, your opponent must make every effort to allow you to do so.

I find it nauseating that whenever our guys do something right, asshole armchair soldiers shit all over them.
That's because you aren't paying attention. Try harder.

That's why you'll never be the #1 man in the stack.
Because -you- arent paying attention and/or dont have the capacity to see the entire issue, -I'll- never be the #1 man in the stack?

I guess it's easier than crafting an actual response.
:shrug:

Last edited:
That's not a close comparison.

Sailors talk to other sailors since we can't talk about much of what we do. Rumors are called scuttlebutt, and they travel fast. What I'm saying is that it's such a long shot that somebody didn't get something, it's something to consider.

of course, the ship they say they put him may not have actually been the one he was put on.

Honestly I would have expected a sub be used at some point.

You honestly think that SEAL team 6 could get in and out of Pakistan virtually undetected but couldn't keep their own sailors our of certain areas of their own ship?

You can't clear a flight deck for landings, the ship must have look outs at all times, there must be men at thier stations 24 hours a day.

The odds are far to long it seems. not impossible of course.

Sailors talk to other sailors since we can't talk about much of what we do. Rumors are called scuttlebutt, and they travel fast. What I'm saying is that it's such a long shot that somebody didn't get something, it's something to consider.

of course, the ship they say they put him may not have actually been the one he was put on.

You honestly think that SEAL team 6 could get in and out of Pakistan virtually undetected but couldn't keep their own sailors our of certain areas of their own ship?

Sure they could, sailors follow orders.

I just clicked on the Drudge headline. Reuters is all tied up.

I don't particularly like graphic pics, but I still think it's interesting. I'll try again later.

"Only because you apparently don't have the capacity to see the potentiial depth of the issue here. "

the real issue I see in this thread is partisanship.

I find it odd, after the run up to the war in Iraq, who is -not- asking for proof.

I also haven't seen the definitive story-
Did we go in to kill rather than capture?
Did OBL resist? Was he armed? Did he try to surrender? Was he killed anyway?
If OBL did try to surrender and was killed anyway, who made that call? When?
The mission was to kill or capture.
You sure?

-I- am sure they had very clear rules of engagement (ROE).
The question, my soft-skulled freind, is - what were the ROE and who gave them?
If the ROE said to kill OBL under -all- circumstances, there may be a significant issue.

The guy behind the trigger made the decision to shoot. Who knows what his reasons were.
Exactly my point. Well done.
Now you get your own:
Only because you apparently don't have the capacity to see the potentiial depth of the issue here.

Let me help you out: The commander on the ground set's the ROE. The ROE is supposed to be classified. That's obviously not practical for large units. It's extremely practical here.

The president said the mission was to "kill or capture".

Though, if you guys want to run the legalities of this operation up the flagpole, knock yourselves out.

Sure they could, sailors follow orders.

Well, that was kind of my point.

Because -you- arent paying attention and/or dont have the capacity to see the entire issue, -I'll- never be the #1 man in the stack?

I guess it's easier than crafting an actual response.
:shrug:

I always just find the armchair quarterbacking amusing.

This is one of the most highly trained military units in the world. But by all means, we can keep speculating.

The truth is, those guys didn't need a lot of provocation to justify shooting Bin Laden. They didn't have to wait for him to pick up a weapon or even make a move that might look like he was going to matyr himself and blow himself up, which is what I would be worried about.

Well, there is good news and bad news for you doubters.

The bad news is that OBL's daughter confirmed his death.

The good news is that she claimed he was captured and then killed while in captivity.

This will make Obama look really bad!

Bin Laden

Also implied in that article: Bin Laden only lived in that compound for six months (not years), didn't actually have it built and it belongs to another group of really, really nice guys. No way Pakistan knew about this!

We should trust this article. There is no way the ISI, I mean Paki government, would lie to us!

when did we become the kind of people that clamor for a photo of a dead guy or we won't believe he's really dead?

some of y'all are just fucked.

true story

thanks

The day a bunch of Islamo terrorist barbarians flew airplanes into buildings and killed nearly 3000 Americans.

Do we "need" to see it to believe OBL is dead? No. But there is no fucking reason to withhold them.

Forum List

Back