When did we become a medieval society?

when did we become the kind of people that clamor for a photo of a dead guy or we won't believe he's really dead?

some of y'all are just fucked.

true story

thanks

I'd like to see it less out of convincing me, and more to shut up any budding conspiracy theories to add to the ones we already have to deal with, Truthers, birthers, and triggers are bad enough, but binladendeaders would just be too much.

Our entire nation was founded on not trusting what the bureacrats running things were saying and doing.

So I'd say it started in the 1700's and has been going on consistently up to and including now.

• Banned
when did we become the kind of people that clamor for a photo of a dead guy or we won't believe he's really dead?

true story

thanks

I'd like to see it less out of convincing me, and more to shut up any budding conspiracy theories to add to the ones we already have to deal with, Truthers, birthers, and triggers are bad enough, but binladendeaders would just be too much.

i'm afraid i've got some bad news for you...

all a picture would do is add a subset of deathers, imo.

The new age of delusional internet gladiator...? :dunno:

fat-gladiator.jpg

Here is a simple fact that would end this debate among sane people.

IF Bin Laden were alive and free his press conference would have aired on Al Jazeer within hours of Obama's announcing that he was dead. The FACT that we haven't heard from the asshole is proof that he is not at large.

And if our government has decided to announce his death so that they can take their sweet time torturing him for information, or merely for the sport of it, then who cares? Either way he's gone.

IF Bin Laden were alive and free his press conference would have aired on Al Jazeer within hours of Obama's announcing that he was dead. The FACT that we haven't heard from the asshole is proof that he is not at large.

And if our government has decided to announce his death so that they can take their sweet time torturing him for information, or merely for the sport of it, then who cares? Either way he's gone.

and what if he were already dead?

true story

thanks

i'm afraid i've got some bad news for you...

all a picture would do is add a subset of deathers, imo.

True, but then we would be left with the truly stupid, removing some of the part time stupid as they tend to believe photographs.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Some of y'all are just fucked.

True story

thanks

1980!!!

"despite his aw shucks style, reagan found virtually every anticommunist action justified, no matter how brutal. from his eight years in the white house, there is no historical indication that he was troubled by the bloodbath and even genocide that occurred in central america during his presidency, while he was shipping hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to the implicated forces.

On march 17, 1983, americas watch representatives condemned the guatemalan army for human rights atrocities against the indian population. New york attorney stephen l. Kass said these findings included proof that the government carried out "virtually indiscriminate murder of men, women and children of any farm regarded by the army as possibly supportive of guerrilla insurgents."

rural women suspected of guerrilla sympathies were raped before execution, kass said. Children were "thrown into burning homes. They are thrown in the air and speared with bayonets. We heard many, many stories of children being picked up by the ankles and swung against poles so their heads are destroyed." [ap, march 17, 1983]

reagan and guatemala's death files

THen I would be fine with them lying to the American people if it meant closure for the victims of 911.

But common sense tells me they wouldn't lie unless they knew for a fact that he was dead and if they knew for a fact before this incident they wouldn't have waited until now. Unless you prescribe to the asinine theory that Obama KNEW he'd need some political capital at the beginning of May, 2011. Also one would have to prescribe to the ridiculous notion that ANYONE in our government is capable of keeping a secret for any length of time.

They shot the mother fucker and killed him, yay for freedom. End of story.

THen I would be fine with them lying to the American people if it meant closure for the victims of 911.

But common sense tells me they wouldn't lie unless they knew for a fact that he was dead and if they knew for a fact before this incident they wouldn't have waited until now. Unless you prescribe to the asinine theory that Obama KNEW he'd need some political capital at the beginning of May, 2011. Also one would have to prescribe to the ridiculous notion that ANYONE in our government is capable of keeping a secret for any length of time.

I'm not even saying I think they're lying, it's just an instance where a basic photo would end everything. With all the lies I've already been told from government about this it'd be nice to see the photo. I'm just cynical of government because common sense tells me to be after hearing 25 years of lies on just about every issue a bureacrat can blather about.

I don't see what the negative is in releasing a photo.

I'm not even saying I think they're lying, it's just an instance where a basic photo would end everything. With all the lies I've already been told from government about this it'd be nice to see the photo. I'm just cynical of government because common sense tells me to be after hearing 25 years of lies on just about every issue a bureacrat can blather about.

The only real reason i could see is that 1/2 his forehead got blown off. That would be pretty grusome. You may not even recognize him.

Yeah.....The Reagan Years.....how glorious.....​

March 23, 2011

"Thirty one years ago tomorrow, El Salvador’s Archbishop Oscar Arnulfo Romero was shot and killed by right-wing assassins seeking to silence his message of solidarity with the country’s poor and oppressed. The assassination shocked Salvadorans already reeling in early 1980 from attacks by security forces and government-backed death squads on a growing opposition movement. Romero’s murder further polarized the country and set the stage for the civil war that would rage for the next twelve years. In commemoration of the anniversary, the National Security Archive is posting a selection from our digital archive of 12 declassified U.S. documents that describe the months before his death, his assassination and funeral, as well as later revelations about those involved in his murder."

No it wouldn't. The moon landings are fake!!!

The only real reason i could see is that 1/2 his forehead got blown off. That would be pretty grusome. You may not even recognize him.

Even then you could drop a rag on that part of his forehead and take it.

The hanging video was pretty gruesome of Saddam, didn't stop us then, still can't think of a reason not to release a photo now.

Forum List

Back