Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Youngest

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Middle

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Only Child

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bonzi what did you do to piss ChrisL off? Were you bad?

I was labeling... I even assumed the label then got accused of being proud of it! ;)
.... oh well!

Well, this is a repeat of a thread another poster started, so . . . I don't see the point.

Well, like I said, I didn't bother to look so... I see what you are saying but... I don't really care.

Well that's funny, considering you gave MY reply to that particular thread an "informative" after I said I was an only child. :D Then you start a thread calling only children "egocentric." Who has a problem here?

Oh I didn't see Gracie thread on this

I was labeling... I even assumed the label then got accused of being proud of it! ;)
.... oh well!

Well, this is a repeat of a thread another poster started, so . . . I don't see the point.

Well, like I said, I didn't bother to look so... I see what you are saying but... I don't really care.

Well that's funny, considering you gave MY reply to that particular thread an "informative" after I said I was an only child. :D Then you start a thread calling only children "egocentric." Who has a problem here?

My mum was an only child. She said she always wanted a sibling but Nan had the Black Flu and she couldn't have any more. Mum had seven kids.

Wonderful mum but egocentric?? Not after six boys. lol

Greg

Bossy/Know it All Oldest
All Around Good Guy Middle
Bratty Youngest

Or, the ego-centric Only Child?
Are you writing a book? ........... would the personal information be of great use and benefit to you?.......... I believe that you've already asked board members what's their favorite color, and other information ......... what exactly are you doing with all of the personal information that you're gathering? ............ curious minds want to know ........
Oh leave her alone that's what the youngest child does no matter how old they are... They have a great mind full of wonder always asking questions, they never stop trying to learn.

It's weird. Lol. :wink_2:

Lol, I just think she is bored and wants to fit in...

Bonzi

You need to seduce your hubby. You need to put on something sexy, put on some music, do a strip tease and then get on your knees and well, you know. :p He won't be ignoring you after that, I can almost guarantee it! ;)

You mean: some wives don't do that as a matter of course???

I'm shocked; shocked I tell you!!!

Greg

.... oh well!

My mum was an only child. She said she always wanted a sibling but Nan had the Black Flu and she couldn't have any more. Mum had seven kids.

Greg

Well, I was a very young mom. Hard to be egocentric when you've made so many sacrifices. :D

Hey I was just random thread weaving. I didn't see Gracie's.

Greg

Are you writing a book? ........... would the personal information be of great use and benefit to you?.......... I believe that you've already asked board members what's their favorite color, and other information ......... what exactly are you doing with all of the personal information that you're gathering? ............ curious minds want to know ........
Oh leave her alone that's what the youngest child does no matter how old they are... They have a great mind full of wonder always asking questions, they never stop trying to learn.

It's weird. Lol. :wink_2:

Lol, I just think she is bored and wants to fit in...

Bonzi

You need to seduce your hubby. You need to put on something sexy, put on some music, do a strip tease and then get on your knees and well, you know. :p He won't be ignoring you after that, I can almost guarantee it! ;)

You mean: some wives don't do that as a matter of course???

I'm shocked; shocked I tell you!!!

Greg

We should start a poll on that Greg, I thought all girls did that??????

At least a few times :) in the bedroom.

.... oh well!

Well to be fair, it's a LITTLE different considering it focuses on Birth Order. Still, I can't help to think that the "egocentric" thing about only children as kind of a jab. That's a pretty rotten thing to be, I must say. ;)

Sibling Rivalry? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

.... oh well!

Well to be fair, it's a LITTLE different considering it focuses on Birth Order. Still, I can't help to think that the "egocentric" thing about only children as kind of a jab. That's a pretty rotten thing to be, I must say. ;)

I apologize. I guess I don't take that stuff seriously.... but understand why you would think that and where you are coming from.

.... oh well!

Greg

Well, I was a very young mom. Hard to be egocentric when you've made so many sacrifices. :D

Mum used to say that she was rather self centered before she had kids. Sounds quite normal really; most of my kids were quite self centered wherever they appeared in the order. Mind you: that doesn't mean they were aloof etc. Maybe self contained would be a better word.
But as there were quite a few of them maybe they just had their "personal" space .

Greg

I apologize. I guess I don't take that stuff seriously.... but understand why you would think that and where you are coming from.

Well yeah. I think you purposefully did that. :D To give my post informing that I was an only child an "informative" rating and then to start this thread, calling only children "egocentric" . . .

I have self confidence, and I will not allow any internet douche to take that away from me. I don't care if they think they are a "pulling my pigtails." I don't tolerate that kind of treatment from anyone, and I will damn sure stick up for myself. THAT is not narcissistic nor egocentric.

.... oh well!

Some of the literature I have read (Psych crap) says stuff along that line but I disagree with most of those things anyway. Just googled this one at random.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

You'll often find that statement as a generalisation but I wonder at the veracity of those studies. People just fill the space they're in If an only child then I would suggest that they have a larger space available to them. I don't think "egocentric" applies much more than to any other kids.

Greg

Well yeah. I think you purposefully did that. :D To give my post informing that I was an only child an "informative" rating and then to start this thread, calling only children "egocentric" . . .

I have self confidence, and I will not allow any internet douche to take that away from me. I don't care if they think they are a "pulling my pigtails." I don't tolerate that kind of treatment from anyone, and I will damn sure stick up for myself. THAT is not narcissistic nor egocentric.

Well, like I said I understand why you would think that. I can apologize twice ... I don't mind

Some of the literature I have read (Psych crap) says stuff along that line but I disagree with most of those things anyway. Just googled this one at random.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

You'll often find that statement as a generalisation but I wonder at the veracity of those studies. People just fill the space they're in If an only child then I would suggest that they have a larger space available to them. I don't think "egocentric" applies much more than to any other kids.

Greg

I can't access your link, but I agree with your post. :) Well, a lot of people here apparently THINK I am egocentric (although they only know me by my postings on a political discussion board where pretty much everyone is "mean") because I will viciously defend myself, but that's not the case at all. Kind of hard for a mom to be egocentric, I think. :D

Well, like I said I understand why you would think that. I can apologize twice ... I don't mind

Okay, apology accepted. :) I'm not angry. Just setting the record straight. ;)

Chris why you so mad about it?

I was honest with you when I said my life would have been so different if I had a sister?

I can pick out only child's as much as much as I can pick out first born, middle and last born.

You four are always so easy to tell. Guys and girls.

Only children are almost as strong opinionated as the first born, which you clearly show Chris.

Chris why you so mad about it?

I was honest with you when I said my life would have been so different if I had a sister?

I can pick out only child's as much as much as I can pick out first born, middle and last born.

You four are always so easy to tell. Guys and girls.

Only children are almost as strong opinionated as the first born, which you clearly show Chris.

Mad about what? Lol. I have no idea what you are talking about. What four? You've totally lost me. Like I said, I'm not "mad" at all. I'm just setting the record straight.

Forum List

Back