Home schooling: the best and worst examples I've seen personally.

And when you are not committed, there is no evaluation to show that. Just because a parent takes their child out of school dosn't mean they are capable, or will even try to supply an adequate education.
OTOH, a parent complying with the law and sending their kids to government schools doesn't mean their kids will get an education, or even survive the experience. Like I said, however, if homeschooling parents are failing, we'd know about it, and right now, the only arguments leveled against them come from emotion and what might happen.

OTOH, a parent complying with the law and sending their kids to government schools doesn't mean their kids will get an education, or even survive the experience. Like I said, however, if homeschooling parents are failing, we'd know about it, and right now, the only arguments leveled against them come from emotion and what might happen.
Nope. I have experience rescuing home schooled children who weren't taught much of anything.

We all know you want to ban homeschooling so just come out and say it. You hate choice except when it's the choice to kill your baby, amirite?
I'm all for Homeschooling.
Parents want options, homeschooling is an option I support 100%.

This is for Flash
I'm 100% against this bullshit voucher system that some propose.
A taxpayers money goes to schools, libraries, fire departments, police, and paramedics.
A taxpayer doesn't get to say that their portion of their taxes for fire departments, police, and paramedics get spent in another town.
It simply doesn't work that way, and expecting to take your local tax dollars for education, to another town, is asinine.

The logistics of vouchers and sending students to a school of their choice is complete nonsense. Flash wants a real discussion, quit name calling and discuss the logistics.

I'm all for Homeschooling.
Parents want options, homeschooling is an option I support 100%.

This is for Flash
I'm 100% against this bullshit voucher system that some propose.
A taxpayers money goes to schools, libraries, fire departments, police, and paramedics.
A taxpayer doesn't get to say that their portion of their taxes for fire departments, police, and paramedics get spent in another town.
It simply doesn't work that way, and expecting to take your local tax dollars for education, to another town, is asinine.

The logistics of vouchers and sending students to a school of their choice is complete nonsense. Flash wants a real discussion, quit name calling and discuss the logistics.
So Libtard idiots like you want to keep the shitty public schools. Talk about low expectations.

Vouchers provides a competitive market for education, which is a good thing for everybody. The fact that you don't understand simple supply and demand economics is just another example of Moon Bat stupidity.

Also, another example of the filthy ass Democrats wanting to keep the minorities that can't afford quality education for their kids dumb, fat, uneducated and on welfare.

So Libtard idiots like you want to keep the shitty public schools. Talk about low expectations.

Vouchers provides a competitive market for education, which is a good thing for everybody. The fact that you don't understand simple supply and demand economics is just another example of Moon Bat stupidity.

Also, another example of the filthy ass Democrats wanting to keep the minorities that can't afford quality education for their kids dumb, fat, uneducated and on welfare.
You won't discuss logistics.
Sure, in utopia, your plan works great, but it's simply NOT realistic.
Can you for one moment, quit being an ASS and try a simple discussion.

For example: There are X teachers, Y students, and Z schools.
No matter how you move students around, the problems won't be resolved.
If you make one school better, assuming only good students moved in to that school, then you will make another school worse.
Don't you care about those students that get left at the shitty school?

And your racist mindset will ALWAYS mention minorities, when in fact there are plenty of shitty students that resemble you Flash.

You won't discuss logistics.
Sure, in utopia, your plan works great, but it's simply NOT realistic.
Can you for one moment, quit being an ASS and try a simple discussion.

For example: There are X teachers, Y students, and Z schools.
No matter how you move students around, the problems won't be resolved.
If you make one school better, assuming only good students moved in to that school, then you will make another school worse.
Don't you care about those students that get left at the shitty school?

And your racist mindset will ALWAYS mention minorities, when in fact there are plenty of shitty students that resemble you Flash.
Thanks to the leadership of DeSantis and our Republican majority in the Legislature we are moving towards a full fledged voucher system here in Florida.

If you Libtard dumbasses don't like it then don't come to Florida.

You can keep your Negroes and other poors dumb and on welfare in the other states.

Thanks to the leadership of DeSantis and our Republican majority in the Legislature we are moving towards a full fledged voucher system here in Florida.

If you Libtard dumbasses don't like it then don't come to Florida.

You can keep your Negroes and other poors dumb and on welfare in the other states.
Explain how this Florida plan works.

It's impossible for you to complete a post without being racist.
Dear Lord.

Nope. I have experience rescuing home schooled children who weren't taught much of anything.
So, naturally, you assume a significant portion of other homeschooled children are also lacking, despite the many that are performing better than their government school compatriots.

Not among the people I know who do it. They know their kids are going to get a shit education in public school.

Their oldest is 17 and has enough college credits to get accepted as a junior at the State Uni.

And don't forget the only view you are allowed to have in public school is the one the fucking government tells you to have.
How do home schooled kids get college credits? Inquiring minds and all that.

How do home schooled kids get college credits? Inquiring minds and all that.
Just like all other kids do, by passing a qualifying curriculum. You have heard of online schooling, right? There's no requirement, for example, that the parents are required to actually teach the subjects.

So, naturally, you assume a significant portion of other homeschooled children are also lacking, despite the many that are performing better than their government school compatriots.
I have no doubt a significant portion of home schooled children are not receiving an adequate education.

I have no doubt a significant portion of home schooled children are not receiving an adequate education.
Like I said, you have feelz about it, but no hard data to back them up. The only question that matters is, are a higher percentage of homeschooled kids failing than their government school counterparts? If not, then homeschooling is at least as effective as government schools.

Like I said, you have feelz about it, but no hard data to back them up. The only question that matters is, are a higher percentage of homeschooled kids failing than their government school counterparts? If not, then homeschooling is at least as effective as government schools.
And with no way to evaluate all home schoolers there is no way to tell. It's why right wingers work so hard to block any reasonable evaluation.

And with no way to evaluate all home schoolers there is no way to tell. It's why right wingers work so hard to block any reasonable evaluation.
We see it working very well for many students. Who is trying to block evaluation?

We see it working very well for many students. Who is trying to block evaluation?
If you aren't aware of that, you don't have a working knowledge of the issue. Educate yourself and try again later.

If you aren't aware of that, you don't have a working knowledge of the issue. Educate yourself and try again later.
It's been several decades since we were active homeschoolers, so I don't passionately follow everything that's going on. Give me a name.

At its core, "homeschooling" merely represents the parents taking their kids out of the government schools and taking responsibility to educate the kids themselves. How they do it is then up to them.

Quite frankly, I think that's what scares so many government school advocates, the fact that so many kids are taken out of government's reach.
True, and lots of religious folks do it as in my "best" example of home schooling. I think they want to keep their children on the "straight and narrow" path of Christianity and not expose them to non-Christian/Atheistic beliefs at a young age.

Forum List

Back