What (who) makes up the GOP "base"?

[/QUOTE]
It was a rhetorical question.
It was simply a rant.[/QUOTE]

I actually agree that it was a rhetorical question(s)....But, rhetorical questions are sometime essential for individuals to step back, abandon their biases, and "think" more objectively.

Yes, people that actually give a flying turd about this country's future, instead of the LBJs of the world worried about buying the vote with welfare payments.

A very "good" and apropos response as to WHY right wingers will not see one of their cronies in the WH for several decades.

Who makes up the GOP base? Intelligent people.

Too bad the lefties like you didn't qualify to join.

Actually, no. Unlike Rightie asswipes who write troll threads all the time, this thread actually asks a question and asks for input about a specific subject, namely, the composition of the GOP.

Sorry that you are frothing at the mouth too much to realize that, fake Rabbi.
Unlike Rightie asswipes who write troll threads all the time
:laugh:...come on stats.....look how many troll threads come from the leftie asswipes here every day......geezus your good buddy dottie does enough of them....

Actually, no. Unlike Rightie asswipes who write troll threads all the time, this thread actually asks a question and asks for input about a specific subject, namely, the composition of the GOP.

:laugh:...come on stats.....look how many troll threads come from the leftie asswipes here every day......geezus your good buddy dottie does enough of them....

Wipe that spittle off yer chin, good buddy.

Yes, there are some LW troll threads, but the writers are sensible enough to start them in the FZ.

This here is NOT a troll thread, if for no other reason than that GOP statisticians are facing this very same issue. So, either it's a real issue, or many in the GOP are also trolls, n'est ce pas?

You can't pigeon hole people. The "Republican base" or the "Democratic base" or "Conservatives" or "Liberals" are all made up of a diverse group of people. That's really contributing to the lack of constructive political dialogue in our nation.

Maybe only to a point, for each party does indeed rely on a "base" to start with in each election.

At the national level, it's the party that captures most of the middle that usually wins.

Yeah, I agree with that. But even among "the base" I think there is a good bit of diversity.

Well, sure, I can buy that.

The gop's "base" is not single faceted, and that's true for dems too. Libertarians may be not anti-choice. Big biz is often not climate change deniers. The big investment houses/banks have interests at odd with old pensioners.

I think you can make a case that the real rise of the tea party began with BushI, who was anything but a conservative in fiscal and war terms. And TARP was their Bunker Hill.

For those right wingers who are "comprehension-challenged"....let me just repeat the more important question stated in the O/P.....

".....what are the real chances of this [GOP] base EVER securing the WH when the somewhat saner voters show up for national elections?..."
About 90% because the GOP has well qualified candidates with strong records. The Democrats have a candidate witha name and a vagina. You cant beat somebody with nobody.

After the abomination of the last 2 elections,

[/B]
Oh it has been so bad the last few years that I got back all the money plus that I lost when Bush collapsed the economy.

I take it you didn't have any money or equity to get back? Is that why it's been so bad?

I like most Presidents who preside over an economy that makes me money.Needless to say I hated George Bush. . .

Certainly the right wingers on here will respond that the 2014 elections "proves" that the majority of Americans are conservative-minded.......But a more poignant question remains: Who really makes up the republican base?

Is it the ever-growing minorities.....blacks, Hispanics/Latinos, Asian, American Indian?

Is it the increasingly vociferous gay and lesbian coalitions?

Is it the overwhelming majority of women voters who have heard ridiculous statements by white, older, male, right wing politicians state that women's abortion rights should be curbed, that rapes do not lead to pregnancies, and that equal work by women does not mean equal pay?

Sure, the conservative base is made up by Evangelical, religious zealots, tea sipping folks who are sometimes for and sometime against "libertarianism," and, of course, the wealthy conglomerates who try to fool the naive that they have common workers' best interests as a priority.

The above right wing base has done exceptionally well in mustering their voters to show up for local and state elections....but, given the poor (and sometime laughable) performance of elected right wingers, what are the real chances of this base EVER securing the WH when the somewhat saner voters show up for national elections?

unlike you lefties who only know 'group think' we on the right are a base of INDIVIDUALS each of whom wants the right to be an individual....not some nameless idiot who leaves all of his thinking to be dictated by the group....

take a look at all the many individual candidates on the right....each has his own different set of ideas on how to lead the country....meanwhile you leftie idiots just follow along with whatever candidate the 'group think' spits out...

What (who) makes up the GOP "base"?

What educated American's see

white-trash.jpeg

white-trash-tour-southern-us-2.jpg

end-of-the-world-rapture-harold-camping-demotivational-posters-13061790501.jpg

istockphoto_3010274_bible_thumper_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:
For those right wingers who are "comprehension-challenged"....let me just repeat the more important question stated in the O/P.....

".....what are the real chances of this [GOP] base EVER securing the WH when the somewhat saner voters show up for national elections?..."
About 90% because the GOP has well qualified candidates with strong records. The Democrats have a candidate witha name and a vagina. You cant beat somebody with nobody.

The fact that you continue to mention "vagina" is not only a clue to your distorted, perverted thinking, but prolly also indicates the deep, deep, deep level of mysogony within the Right.

unlike you lefties who only know 'group think' we on the right are a base of INDIVIDUALS each of whom wants the right to be an individual....not some nameless idiot who leaves all of his thinking to be dictated by the group....

take a look at all the many individual candidates on the right....each has his own different set of ideas on how to lead the country....meanwhile you leftie idiots just follow along with whatever candidate the 'group think' spits out...

...ah, but don't forget that there is ONE unifying factor with all of the GOP candidates...and that is rabid hatred of Obama.....

A candidate should not build a platform based on undoing....but, instead, in proposing how, what, when and where our nation should be headed...and not to appeal to just hate and bigotry and dis-unity.

...ah, but don't forget that there is ONE unifying factor with all of the GOP candidates...and that is rabid hatred of Obama.....

A candidate should not build a platform based on undoing....but, instead, in proposing how, what, when and where our nation should be headed...and not to appeal to just hate and bigotry and dis-unity.
And that I think is the primary (-: problem with the tea party and the faux brand of journalism. It's based on somebody different from you taking away something you're entitled to. It's hard to turn victimhood into a positive unifying and uplifting message.

Republican base? Allow me to channel Pontius Pilate from "The Life of Brian".
Pontius Pilate: We have weligious wightwing wuffians, weactionawy wacist wascals,...
Crowd: ROTFL!
Person1: How about rich retrograde representatives?
Person2: Yeah that's a good one.
Pilate to Biggus Dickus: Why do they titter so?
Biggus Dickus: Allow me...
Centurian: Oh, no sir...
Biggus Dickus: We have theveral theditiouth thenatorth (several seditious senators), thome thouthern thethethionith (some southern secessionists), and some thilly tholipthithtic theniorth (silly solipsistic seniors).

A good question is, why can't democrats focus on issues rather than skin color?

i think rabid hatred of obama proves one's patriotism.....since he isn't one...

Cruz as the first declared candidate has already outlined where our nation should be headed....and he did it without hate and dis-unity.....but then you probably didn't listen to him...

The conservative base is a bunch of scared old people who are wetting themselves over brown people, religions they don't like, and whatever new crisis Fox and Rush are shoveling down their throats.
The conservative base is a bunch of scared old people who are wetting themselves over brown people

Wipe that spittle off yer chin, good buddy.

Yes, there are some LW troll threads, but the writers are sensible enough to start them in the FZ.

This here is NOT a troll thread, if for no other reason than that GOP statisticians are facing this very same issue. So, either it's a real issue, or many in the GOP are also trolls, n'est ce pas?
oh they are?....ok if you say so....:laugh:.

Forum List

Back