What was your day like?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
Mine was a typical one starting at work. Fixing stuff and responding to two combative person codes.

I also anonymously bought a chubby woman lunch because I like her, and she told me she is dieting. Never again! lol
I typically spend 3-7$ for lunch. Hers was almost 14! :laugh:

I then went to my dads house to rewire more of his basement light fixtures for some led bulbs he bought. I’m hoping to complete that task with my next visit.

How was your day? :)

Good day, I started off with a nice stock trade then went to lunch with a friend who is also retired but is working part time. Then off to the golf course. An unusually cold today for Arizona, about 50 degrees. Just worked on putting and my wedges. Now I'm making chicken fajitas.

Good day, I started off with a nice stock trade then went to lunch with a friend who is also retired but is working part time. Then off to the golf course. An unusually cold today for Arizona, about 50 degrees. Just worked on putting and my wedges. Now I'm making chicken fajitas.
I’m looking forward to having days like yours. :up:

Every day is a holiday, every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune! :dance:

Nope. I'm not in the Corps.

hmmmm....mine was frustrating.

So...I got super frustrated with our training session today...Dash has a sucko stay. That is what it really amounts to. He seems to be the most difficult dog I've taught stay to. Hence the frustration. The bad thing is I think I started our session this evening already pre-frustrated...thinking we were at a point that we aren't actually at and I'm feeling a little pressured because I WANT to be at...so all in all it looked like this.

Dash - stay.
Place target on other side of jump.
Dash does not stay. He gets no reward - he can't actually get at the treat (I know him too well).
A couple of repetitions did not improve. So, simplify - shorten distance...and, give him something to sit on that is a defined area (rubber bowl) - a perch. That helped.

For a couple of reps.

Then we fell into a stay-fail loop that I stubbornly refused to acknowlege (should have stopped after one success and moved to something else)...I knew all this but thought - aha, sibling rivelry. I brought out Andi...Andi quickly learned to stay, wait, run to target but she also new I was frustrated and picked up on my emotions so it was ok, but not fun for her. She was worried. Finally I got the message and we stopped.

Took me long enough.

Then we played ball with an uber cool ball that lights up as it bounces (good thing...it was dark by then).

:)

Dash goofball.jpg

So...I got super frustrated with our training session today...Dash has a sucko stay. That is what it really amounts to. He seems to be the most difficult dog I've taught stay to. Hence the frustration. The bad thing is I think I started our session this evening already pre-frustrated...thinking we were at a point that we aren't actually at and I'm feeling a little pressured because I WANT to be at...so all in all it looked like this.

Dash - stay.
Dash does not stay. He gets no reward - he can't actually get at the treat (I know him too well).
A couple of repetitions did not improve. So, simplify - shorten distance...and, give him something to sit on that is a defined area (rubber bowl) - a perch. That helped.

For a couple of reps.

Then we fell into a stay-fail loop that I stubbornly refused to acknowlege (should have stopped after one success and moved to something else)...I knew all this but thought - aha, sibling rivelry. I brought out Andi...Andi quickly learned to stay, wait, run to target but she also new I was frustrated and picked up on my emotions so it was ok, but not fun for her. She was worried. Finally I got the message and we stopped.

Took me long enough.

Then we played ball with an uber cool ball that lights up as it bounces (good thing...it was dark by then).

View attachment 178021
Sounds like you were trying to educate a lib. lol

You train dogs?

Dash - stay.

For a couple of reps.

Took me long enough.

View attachment 178021
Do dogs know if you're frustrated? I don't know, but I like to watch Dog Whisperer and it is amazing how much dogs sense about their owner.

A little frustrating....
Jumped in truck to make the monthly liquor store run at about ten and the truck battery was dead.
To make matters worse my battery charger died a few months ago and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it.
On the plus side it's still under warranty with Toyota and I'll get a free one.
And unfortunately I had to sit around and read and play around on the internet all day.

Dash - stay.

For a couple of reps.

Took me long enough.

View attachment 178021
Do dogs know if you're frustrated? I don't know, but I like to watch Dog Whisperer and it is amazing how much dogs sense about their owner.
Mine would lay by the front door knowing it was time for me to come home.

I fucked up my ankle sat so you automatically know it at least sucked a little lol. Work was good and i just made some bomb ass roasted pesto chicken.
Just put the kids in bed so now im relaxing :)

A little frustrating....
Jumped in truck to make the monthly liquor store run at about ten and the truck battery was dead.
To make matters worse my battery charger died a few months ago and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it.
And unfortunately I had to sit around and read and play around on the internet all day.
I keep this in my car for those with battery issues.....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFHNQA/?tag=ff0d01-20

A little frustrating....
I keep this in my car for those with battery issues.....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFHNQA/?tag=ff0d01-20

I've been considering one of those.
It's just that it's so rare for a battery to go out I've been procrastinating.

Dogs are cool. My wife is scared of dogs so we don't have one. :frown:
My ex GF was jealous of mine because I played with him before her.

She would often complain about the dog getting a warmer welcome than her. lol

Last edited:

Dash - stay.

For a couple of reps.

Took me long enough.

View attachment 178021

Mine do...and Andi, is a fairly new one - SUPER sensitive - sometimes, it's easier to have a happy lunkhead who isn't so tuned in :)

Forum List

Back