What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

They are not killing anyone who refuses to do it anymore rosie, but everyone who does it still dies.

be not MAUDLIN hobie ---these things must be approached slowly and carefully-----remember
when it became ok to eat burgers on Friday-------the catholics in my town just about MELTED

lol... well at least thats some progress .

it should have given a few Jews the courage to try bacon even though they don't have a pope...

Maybe you should tell your people that they don't have to be afraid of food anymore..

You could be the very first female somewhat Jewish pope.

what for?

What for?

Apparently they missed the point of Kosher law.....

who ? POPE JOHN?

apparently everyone, the pope, you, christians jews muslims atheists. everyone.

be not MAUDLIN hobie ---these things must be approached slowly and carefully-----remember
when it became ok to eat burgers on Friday-------the catholics in my town just about MELTED

it should have given a few Jews the courage to try bacon even though they don't have a pope...

Maybe you should tell your people that they don't have to be afraid of food anymore..

what for?

What for?

who ? POPE JOHN?

so nice of you to figure it out-------RUMINATION IS HOLY. interesting notion

what for?

What for?

who ? POPE JOHN?

I didn't figure anything out.. God opened my mind to understand . the teaching of the law and the prophets, .manna from heaven, the flesh of Jesus.

What for?

who ? POPE JOHN?

I didn't figure anything out.. God opened my mind to understand . the teaching of the law and the prophets, .manna from heaven, the flesh of Jesus.

yeah-----ok .......... removal of those metal staples used to close up craniotomy wounds
are painful-------but the cuts heal quickly

If people, as confused as they are, have been able to progress to the advanced point that we are at now, just imagine how much better they all will do once the causes for stumbling in thought and perception are removed.

The future should be bright.

who ? POPE JOHN?

yeah-----ok .......... removal of those metal staples used to close up craniotomy wounds

If people, as confused as they are, have been able to progress to the advanced point that we are at now, just imagine how much better they all will do once the causes for stumbling in thought and perception are removed.

oh sheeeeeesh !!!!! THE LUCID MOMENT <scary>

oh sheeeeeesh !!!!! THE LUCID MOMENT <scary>

lucid moment? like an accident? lol.... maybe I have just been wearing a disturbing disguise all along....

scary? you should be terrified...God only knows what else I might say...

boo

Last edited:
You are extremely confused,. If the subject of idolatry wasn't of utmost importance to God and his concern for our well being he would not have forbidden it under penalty of death in the very first commandment.
So you think that the invisible extra-terrestrial is real. But no kangaroos on the ark. Got it.

Do you have this much trouble on the toilet every day as you have here forming a thought?
You can be my Jew, how's that? :biggrin:

You are extremely confused,. If the subject of idolatry wasn't of utmost importance to God and his concern for our well being he would not have forbidden it under penalty of death in the very first commandment.
So you think that the invisible extra-terrestrial is real. But no kangaroos on the ark. Got it.

Do you have this much trouble on the toilet every day as you have here forming a thought?

Sure, I'll defend your innocence when people accuse you of being an emotionally disturbed degenerate low life.

But I'll need a huge retainer....otherwise you're on your own pal.

Last edited:

Sure, I'll defend your innocence when people accuse you of being an emotionally disturbed degenerate low life.

But I'll need a huge retainer....otherwise you're on your own pal.
See? You are a Jew. Knew it. :biggrin:

Oh cut the maudlin crap you pusillanimous freak.. I'm doing you a favor. I told you the truth. Stand up and walk like a man. If you want to hear someone encourage you to throw your life in the trash and hang in there desecrating the teachings of Jesus violating the commands of God and professing an absurd belief in the ridiculous every day until you die... go see a priest.
You sound like an out of control Jehovah's Witness.

I happen to believe (for good reason) in a personal God, one who loves us and uses everything for our good. That nothing is as it seems. What we think is good for us is bad and what we think is bad for us is good. That from this chaos he will extract the most good that HE can.

He isn't obsessed - like you are - with idolatry. He is only interested in a personal relationship with man and he doesn't care what you call him or how you see him. Only that you seek him. He does the rest.

Your understanding of idolatry and my understanding of idolatry are not the same thing. Your understanding of idolatry has no practical application in furthering a relationship with the one true God. Mine does.

I can tell by how you speak to others that you worship created things rather than the creator; namely... YOURSELF.

You should read the OT --God destroyed whole civilizations for their false god worship and idolotry. He has already judged false religions( Babylon the great) to destruction. Never to be again.
They destroyed themselves.

You are so hung up on dogma you miss the message and meaning.

I have read the bible a few x-studied with men who knew a lot of history and facts. Fact
Noahs day-99% mislead
Israelites fell over and over-99% mislead
Jesus, apostles, followers all killed( John died natural)-99% mislead
These last days-2timothy 3= 99% mislead.
Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system-2Cor 11:12-15)
And you think God literally destroyed them through a special act of God?

No. They destroyed themselves. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Your notional beliefs will not save you from the consequences of your behaviors.

Nah.. Satan would never in a million years tell you that God hates the sinner. He would say that God loves the sinner. He would say that you can sin daily without compunction for the rest of your life and still be forgiven because Jesus was tortured and crucified 2000 years ago.. All you have to do is celebrate his death every now and then on Sunday with a harmless minor requirement to worship a matzo. Everybody is doing it. even sweet little old ladies.. No biggie.

Oh , and by the way, never mind what scripture teaches. One unequalled God is really three coequal persons and you will not die if you get down on your knees in deranged adoration before a lifeless cracker made by human hands, thats just a silly superstition, but instead, for a nominal service charge, you can become like Jesus and live forever in paradise...Just as soon as you die that is.. after a tortuous life of misfortune and suffering as a bumbling numbskull.

What a deal! Doesn't make any sense but it sounds terrific , doesn't it? All you need is faith.

Hey, wait a minute!

Isn't that what you say?
The chief weapon of the enemy is discouragement. St Pio

Oh cut the maudlin crap you pusillanimous freak.. I'm doing you a favor. I told you the truth. Stand up and walk like a man. If you want to hear someone encourage you to throw your life in the trash and hang in there desecrating the teachings of Jesus violating the commands of God and professing an absurd belief in the ridiculous every day until you die... go see a priest.

I happen to believe (for good reason) in a personal God, one who loves us and uses everything for our good. That nothing is as it seems. What we think is good for us is bad and what we think is bad for us is good. That from this chaos he will extract the most good that HE can.

He isn't obsessed - like you are - with idolatry. He is only interested in a personal relationship with man and he doesn't care what you call him or how you see him. Only that you seek him. He does the rest.

Your understanding of idolatry and my understanding of idolatry are not the same thing. Your understanding of idolatry has no practical application in furthering a relationship with the one true God. Mine does.

I can tell by how you speak to others that you worship created things rather than the creator; namely... YOURSELF.

You should read the OT --God destroyed whole civilizations for their false god worship and idolotry. He has already judged false religions( Babylon the great) to destruction. Never to be again.

I carefully searched the facts. Its your teachers who will not listen to Jesus. The facts of Israelite God worship history and the teachings of Jesus prove 0 trinity god exists. And all serving it are being mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not a wise place to be standing. It just takes believing Jesus. John 20:17, Rev 3:12

The chief weapon of the enemy is discouragement. St Pio

I carefully searched the facts. Its your teachers who will not listen to Jesus. The facts of Israelite God worship history and the teachings of Jesus prove 0 trinity god exists. And all serving it are being mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not a wise place to be standing. It just takes believing Jesus. John 20:17, Rev 3:12
My teachers? The Holy Spirit? Oh yeah. I got that.

My teachers? The Holy Spirit? Oh yeah. I got that.

33,995 trinity based religions. All claim to have holy spirit--Is the holy spirit confused or is the whole mess just a mass of confusion like I have been showing you?

All seems a a bit extreme.

Why couldn't He have just snapped His fingers and eliminated evil?

Doesn't seem like He really thought this human thing all the way through.

It makes perfect sense due to free will. Otherwise, we would be programmed robots to obey. If one has light, then they have dark. If one has heat, then there is cold. If one has good, then there is evil.

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?
Well, if you think about it, Islam has Jesus also. And so Jesus also cleanses the sins of Muslims.

And here is another thing. God sent forth his Son to die because.....

He knew that with Jesus being the Last martyred Prophet, that all the past would be secured and all the future would be secured also.

And aren't we glad that HE was?

I think God needed a good reason to forgive the unperfect creation that he had created(Man). By sacrificing Jesus that allowed for a much more humane religion(Christianity) that replaced the old testament before it. The old testament was a understanding that god wasn't going to put up with any imperfections, but the new testament was the changing of his mind. Showing us mercy!

I think God needed a good reason to forgive the unperfect creation that he had created(Man). By sacrificing Jesus that allowed for a much more humane religion(Christianity) that replaced the old testament before it. The old testament was a understanding that god wasn't going to put up with any imperfections, but the new testament was the changing of his mind. Showing us mercy!

LOL ^^^^^^^ an apologist for the old sunday school libel--- "our Christian "god" is better than "your jewish god"------the eternal infinite "god"------"improved"
Reminds me of the Islamic POV------"the first one was ok---
the second one got better and the third one is PERFECT"

We know it wasn't for altruistic purposes. There was a price to be paid for God's wrath and that was the death of all humankind after Adam and Eve. We started over again from Noah's family and this time God did not put up a negative test such as do not eat from the Tree of Knowledge. He put up John 3:16. You've heard it before. Repent! The end is near John 3:16. This time God put up a positive test. Thus, the death of his Son wasn't just for human's salvation. There was a price to be paid and that was death of all the descendants of Adam and Eve. And thus, it is prophecised that we, too, will all die one day. Humankind just can't make it, i.e. be saved, by themselves.

We know it wasn't for altruistic purposes. There was a price to be paid for God's wrath and that was the death of all humankind after Adam and Eve. We started over again from Noah's family and this time God did not put up a negative test such as do not eat from the Tree of Knowledge. He put up John 3:16. You've heard it before. Repent! The end is near John 3:16. This time God put up a positive test. Thus, the death of his Son wasn't just for human's salvation. There was a price to be paid and that was death of all the descendants of Adam and Eve. And thus, it is prophecised that we, too, will all die one day. Humankind just can't make it, i.e. be saved, by themselves.

having a bad day?

Forum List

Back