What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Nah.. Satan would never in a million years tell you that God hates the sinner. He would say that God loves the sinner. He would say that you can sin daily without compunction for the rest of your life and still be forgiven because Jesus was tortured and crucified 2000 years ago.. All you have to do is celebrate his death every now and then on Sunday with a harmless minor requirement to worship a matzo. Everybody is doing it. even sweet little old ladies.. No biggie.

Oh , and by the way, never mind what scripture teaches. One unequalled God is really three coequal persons and you will not die if you get down on your knees in deranged adoration before a lifeless cracker made by human hands, thats just a silly superstition, but instead, for a nominal service charge, you can become like Jesus and live forever in paradise...Just as soon as you die that is.. after a tortuous life of misfortune and suffering as a bumbling numbskull.

What a deal! Doesn't make any sense but it sounds terrific , doesn't it? All you need is faith.

Hey, wait a minute!

Isn't that what you say?
The chief weapon of the enemy is discouragement. St Pio

Oh cut the maudlin crap you pusillanimous freak.. I'm doing you a favor. I told you the truth. Stand up and walk like a man. If you want to hear someone encourage you to throw your life in the trash and hang in there desecrating the teachings of Jesus violating the commands of God and professing an absurd belief in the ridiculous every day until you die... go see a priest.
You sound like an out of control Jehovah's Witness.

I happen to believe (for good reason) in a personal God, one who loves us and uses everything for our good. That nothing is as it seems. What we think is good for us is bad and what we think is bad for us is good. That from this chaos he will extract the most good that HE can.

He isn't obsessed - like you are - with idolatry. He is only interested in a personal relationship with man and he doesn't care what you call him or how you see him. Only that you seek him. He does the rest.

Your understanding of idolatry and my understanding of idolatry are not the same thing. Your understanding of idolatry has no practical application in furthering a relationship with the one true God. Mine does.

I can tell by how you speak to others that you worship created things rather than the creator; namely... YOURSELF.

You should read the OT --God destroyed whole civilizations for their false god worship and idolotry. He has already judged false religions( Babylon the great) to destruction. Never to be again.
They destroyed themselves.

You are so hung up on dogma you miss the message and meaning.

I have read the bible a few x-studied with men who knew a lot of history and facts. Fact
Noahs day-99% mislead
Israelites fell over and over-99% mislead
Jesus, apostles, followers all killed( John died natural)-99% mislead
These last days-2timothy 3= 99% mislead.
Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system-2Cor 11:12-15)

Oh cut the maudlin crap you pusillanimous freak.. I'm doing you a favor. I told you the truth. Stand up and walk like a man. If you want to hear someone encourage you to throw your life in the trash and hang in there desecrating the teachings of Jesus violating the commands of God and professing an absurd belief in the ridiculous every day until you die... go see a priest.

I happen to believe (for good reason) in a personal God, one who loves us and uses everything for our good. That nothing is as it seems. What we think is good for us is bad and what we think is bad for us is good. That from this chaos he will extract the most good that HE can.

He isn't obsessed - like you are - with idolatry. He is only interested in a personal relationship with man and he doesn't care what you call him or how you see him. Only that you seek him. He does the rest.

Your understanding of idolatry and my understanding of idolatry are not the same thing. Your understanding of idolatry has no practical application in furthering a relationship with the one true God. Mine does.

I can tell by how you speak to others that you worship created things rather than the creator; namely... YOURSELF.

You should read the OT --God destroyed whole civilizations for their false god worship and idolotry. He has already judged false religions( Babylon the great) to destruction. Never to be again.
They destroyed themselves.

You are so hung up on dogma you miss the message and meaning.

I have read the bible a few x-studied with men who knew a lot of history and facts. Fact
Noahs day-99% mislead
Israelites fell over and over-99% mislead
Jesus, apostles, followers all killed( John died natural)-99% mislead
These last days-2timothy 3= 99% mislead.
Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system-2Cor 11:12-15)
And you think God literally destroyed them through a special act of God?

No. They destroyed themselves. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Your notional beliefs will not save you from the consequences of your behaviors.

Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.
So you're saying that Trump's behavior is positive and that led him to the White House? :lol:
It is probabilistic in nature, but given enough time we all reap what we sow.
So being POTUS is reaping what he sowed? :20:
Only in your mind, Taz.

Gotta jet. Busy day today.
Expecting a big mother's day rush on the Happy Meals? :biggrin:

No, we are reading the exact same scriptures. Apparently you need to take a closer look.. As an idolator, God doesn't love you and as a liar Jesus put a curse on you and as a dingbat I pulled your covers.. A triple whammy.

Anyway, don't take the news too hard. Its actually a good thing.

At least it explains everything, your confusion, your separation from God, your obsessive need to justify your sin, your obstinate stupidity, everything that has ever gone wrong in your life, and at least you still have a chance, some time left on earth, to rectify things if you can ever part with your delusions...

So all I can say to you at this point is either good luck or good riddance.

you decide which it will be...
That is exactly the argument satan would make.

Nah.. Satan would never in a million years tell you that God hates the sinner. He would say that God loves the sinner. He would say that you can sin daily without compunction for the rest of your life and still be forgiven because Jesus was tortured and crucified 2000 years ago.. All you have to do is celebrate his death every now and then on Sunday with a harmless minor requirement to worship a matzo. Everybody is doing it. even sweet little old ladies.. No biggie.

Oh , and by the way, never mind what scripture teaches. One unequalled God is really three coequal persons and you will not die if you get down on your knees in deranged adoration before a lifeless cracker made by human hands, thats just a silly superstition, but instead, for a nominal service charge, you can become like Jesus and live forever in paradise...Just as soon as you die that is.. after a tortuous life of misfortune and suffering as a bumbling numbskull.

What a deal! Doesn't make any sense but it sounds terrific , doesn't it? All you need is faith.

Hey, wait a minute!

Isn't that what you say?

You are extremely confused,. If the subject of idolatry wasn't of utmost importance to God and his concern for our well being he would not have forbidden it under penalty of death in the very first commandment.

If scripture is true those who practice idolatry have no relationship with God at all other then one of rebuke and condemnation irrevocable under covenant..

You openly and defiantly worship a pagan trinity that became a man, and belong to a church that hands out spiritual life in the form of a lifeless matzo made by human hands. The epitome and very definition of idolatry in every language. You worship a false god that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence, and eat spiritual food that has no spirit or life..You profess to believe that you are on the way to eternal life but all of the available evidence points to the contrary.

Your irrational faith in your own unrestrained imagination that idolatry will bring you closer to God will never be fulfilled and will always result in shame and disgrace even if you lived forever and drank all the communion wine and ate all the eucharists in the world.

You might as well be masturbating in a crowded public park on a sunny Sunday afternoon while trying to convince a gathering crowd of angry parents that you are a holy man having a religious experience.

Last edited:
That is exactly the argument satan would make.

Hey, wait a minute!

Isn't that what you say?

You are extremely confused,. If the subject of idolatry wasn't of utmost importance to God and his concern for our well being he would not have forbidden it under penalty of death in the very first commandment.

If scripture is true those who practice idolatry have no relationship with God at all other then one of rebuke and condemnation irrevocable under covenant..

You openly and defiantly worship a pagan trinity that became a man, and belong to a church that hands out spiritual life in the form of a lifeless matzo made by human hands. The epitome and very definition of idolatry in every language. You worship a false god that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence, and eat spiritual food that has no spirit or life..You profess to believe that you are on the way to eternal life but all of the available evidence points to the contrary.

Your irrational faith in your own unrestrained imagination that idolatry will bring you closer to God will never be fulfilled and will always result in shame and disgrace even if you lived forever and drank all the communion wine and ate all the eucharists in the world.

You might as well be masturbating in a crowded public park on a sunny Sunday afternoon while trying to convince a gathering crowd of angry parents that you are a holy man having a religious experience.

oh----you are EUCHARISTPHOBIC hobie. Now I understand. Well----it is just a
ritual -------maybe if the pope would say------that cookie is NOT REALLY Jesus----you would
be ok with that little ritual. I think you are right------the pope SHOULD so declare

Hey, wait a minute!

Isn't that what you say?

ritual -------maybe if the pope would say------that cookie is NOT REALLY Jesus----you would
be ok with that little ritual. I think you are right------the pope SHOULD so declare

Its not just a ritual rosie. The official church teaching is that the eucharist, made by human hands, becomes the Body of Christ in actuality, the source of spiritual life itself, but only after the priest goes Presto Alakazam!

Then then priest lifts it up and everyone falls to their knees in some sort of deranged adulation before it.

Then they go home and do despicable and dishonorable things all week long, go to confession on saturday, and to show God how sorry they are for their sins they defiantly desecrate the teachings of Jesus and practice idolatry again.

If the pope put an end to that it would be the end of Catholicism. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Its not just a ritual rosie. The official church teaching is that the eucharist, made by human hands, becomes the Body of Christ in actuality, the source of spiritual life itself, but only after the priest goes Presto Alakazam!

Then everyone falls to their knees in some sort of deranged adulation before it.

Then they go home and do despicable and dishonorable things all week long, go to confession on saturday, and to show God how sorry they are for their sins they defiantly desecrate the teachings of Jesus and practice idolatry again.

If the pope put an end to that it would be the end of Catholicism. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

yes yes-----I am AWARE------way back in Inquisition times----DENIAL of the "fact" that the cookies
is REALLY JESUS was a capital crime. But the Inquisition is OVERS ------time to admit that the
cookie is not REALLY Jesus. I fail to see how doing so would spell the END OF THE MOTHER
CHURCH

Then everyone falls to their knees in some sort of deranged adulation before it.

yes yes-----I am AWARE------way back in Inquisition times----DENIAL of the "fact" that the cookies
is REALLY JESUS was a capital crime. But the Inquisition is OVERS ------time to admit that the
cookie is not REALLY Jesus. I fail to see how doing so would spell the END OF THE MOTHER
CHURCH

They are not killing anyone who refuses to do it anymore rosie, but everyone who does it still dies.

be not MAUDLIN hobie

CHURCH

They are not killing anyone who refuses to do it anymore rosie, but everyone who does it still dies.

be not MAUDLIN hobie ---these things must be approached slowly and carefully-----remember
when it became ok to eat burgers on Friday-------the catholics in my town just about MELTED

So you think that the invisible extra-terrestrial is real. But no kangaroos on the ark. Got it.

be not MAUDLIN hobie

CHURCH

be not MAUDLIN hobie ---these things must be approached slowly and carefully-----remember
when it became ok to eat burgers on Friday-------the catholics in my town just about MELTED

lol... well at least thats some progress .

it should have given a few Jews the courage to try bacon even though they don't have a pope...

Maybe you should tell your people that they don't have to be afraid of food anymore..

You could be the very first female somewhat Jewish pope.

CHURCH

it should have given a few Jews the courage to try bacon even though they don't have a pope...

Maybe you should tell your people that they don't have to be afraid of food anymore..

what for?

CHURCH

what for?

If you thought the Catholics looked silly with all the fuss about meat on friday..............

CHURCH

what for?

If you thought the Catholics looked silly with all the fuss about meat on friday..............

I did not think that the catholics "looked funny" for not eating meat on Friday------
What gave you that Idea? I found it interesting that the reaction to Pope John's
innovative edicts were so controversial. INTERESTING-----not funny---some people
found it very odd. No more fish sticks in school on Friday-----I used to like those fish sticks

CHURCH

what for?

What for?

Apparently they missed the point of Kosher law.....

CHURCH

what for?

What for?

Apparently they missed the point of Kosher law.....

who ? POPE JOHN?

Forum List

Back