What Trump Missing the Debate Really Means

Fox is the loser here. I don't fault them for standing behind their employee. They should do that. It will cost them big time. There's really no one left to see other than possibly Cruz and Marco. The others don't have a snowball's chance and should already be off the stage. As much as I like Rand Paul, he is going absolutely nowhere. Megan should shut her mouth about Trump's non-participation. She's already alienated a lot of people by her performance in the first debate. She's beginning to sound like that Dixie Chic mouth. Just have the debate and reconcile yourself that you are going to lose viewership and move on.

No, the REAL loser(s) would be the American people.

Is it at all possible that Trump's cheerleaders could stop hooting and hollering long enough to remember that this is not Trump's reality show feuding with its network, with a big, fat "Who gives a crap" at stake? This is a debate in the primaries for the Republican Presidential nomination. It has a purpose beyond empty, mindless entertainment. It exists to - hopefully - inform people and help them decide who to vote for, or possibly even TO vote.

I realize that it's impossible for drinkers of the Trump Kool-Aid to imagine that the whole nation hasn't become wild-eyed fanboys along with them, but many people haven't. Many people haven't even been particularly paying attention up until now. And I would very much like to challenge the notion that a handful of debates and a buttload of Twitter blurbs are "all we need to know" in order to choose the leader of the free world out of a wad of people we weren't even paying attention to six months ago. Even Donald Trump, celebrity extraordinaire, was just "that rude rich guy with the funny haircut" to most people back then.

So how about we remember, while we're all getting our entertainment jollies over Trump's spoiled prima donna tantrum that there's actually something important at stake here, and it says nothing positive about him that his ego is, once again, a higher priority?

Well, if you're still that uninformed not to worry. You still have plenty of time to make up your mind. One little debate won't make that much difference. If you are really interested in the candidates, I would suggest you visit their web pages or Facebook pages and learn something about them. You cannot learn much from a debate where each candidate only gets asked to respond to one or two questions.

Donald is Barack Obama dressed in Republican garb anyway, so why not just go whole hog and give him the coronation Obama's supporters tried to push for? Given the political trends in this country the last couple decades or so, I don't know why we're even bothering to pretend to be a real, functioning, serious nation with a democratic tradition any more.
That's the point exactly. From one cult of personality to the extreme opposite. We've had a narcissist in the white House for long enough. I can understand it on one level but being president isn't like playing the best Monopoly game. I think a Trump nomination will be a sure Hillary win.

If you really want a to know what Trump is doing, read "The Art of the Deal". Trump is winning the Deal.

Winning maybe?

At the expense of his reputation as a tough guy? Yes! since Kelly spooks him so much. Of he can't answer questions from a cute blond then how is he going to stick out his chest at other leaders after this cry baby routine?

Like I said, the only ones really bitching about his not appearing are Liberals who are not going to vote for any of the Republican candidates anyway.

Who is bitching has nothing to do with his reputation taking a hit from being scared off by Kelly

Hold your drawers. Watch his uptick in the polls again. He is all over the news. It is Megan and Fox News who are taking the hit.

And the gain for America as a nation from all this? You DO remember there was a larger point to the whole exercise, right?

Look, I'm informed. If you are not informed - that is your fault and none of mine.

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

Thats an interesting way to describe being a cry baby.

But he'll be tough on other things as long as people treat him nicely

Yeah, I'm sure Putin - or God forbid, any leader of any Muslim nation you'd care to name - is really going to give a shit that Trump gets his panties in a knot and flounces out of a meeting with them until they soothe his wittle hurt feewings.

But who gives a rat's ass about the big picture and the end goal, right? What matters is that Trump is shooting his mouth off again, and bullying people, and it's SOOOOO COOL!

If you really want a to know what Trump is doing, read "The Art of the Deal". Trump is winning the Deal.

Winning maybe?

At the expense of his reputation as a tough guy? Yes! since Kelly spooks him so much. Of he can't answer questions from a cute blond then how is he going to stick out his chest at other leaders after this cry baby routine?

Like I said, the only ones really bitching about his not appearing are Liberals who are not going to vote for any of the Republican candidates anyway.

Who is bitching has nothing to do with his reputation taking a hit from being scared off by Kelly

Hold your drawers. Watch his uptick in the polls again. He is all over the news. It is Megan and Fox News who are taking the hit.

An uptick in polls doesnt change his reputation for being a pussy either.

I guess the thought process will be As soon as he meets with any other leader

Foreign Leader: Wait, that guy who was crying about some blond being mean? He's a pussy
Advisor: He had an uptick in the polls tho
Foreign Leader: OH WELL WHY DID YOU SAY SO! HE"S COURAGEOUS!

Which direction in the polls did you say Hillary was heading?

Fox is the loser here. I don't fault them for standing behind their employee. They should do that. It will cost them big time. There's really no one left to see other than possibly Cruz and Marco. The others don't have a snowball's chance and should already be off the stage. As much as I like Rand Paul, he is going absolutely nowhere. Megan should shut her mouth about Trump's non-participation. She's already alienated a lot of people by her performance in the first debate. She's beginning to sound like that Dixie Chic mouth. Just have the debate and reconcile yourself that you are going to lose viewership and move on.

Is it at all possible that Trump's cheerleaders could stop hooting and hollering long enough to remember that this is not Trump's reality show feuding with its network, with a big, fat "Who gives a crap" at stake? This is a debate in the primaries for the Republican Presidential nomination. It has a purpose beyond empty, mindless entertainment. It exists to - hopefully - inform people and help them decide who to vote for, or possibly even TO vote.

I realize that it's impossible for drinkers of the Trump Kool-Aid to imagine that the whole nation hasn't become wild-eyed fanboys along with them, but many people haven't. Many people haven't even been particularly paying attention up until now. And I would very much like to challenge the notion that a handful of debates and a buttload of Twitter blurbs are "all we need to know" in order to choose the leader of the free world out of a wad of people we weren't even paying attention to six months ago. Even Donald Trump, celebrity extraordinaire, was just "that rude rich guy with the funny haircut" to most people back then.

So how about we remember, while we're all getting our entertainment jollies over Trump's spoiled prima donna tantrum that there's actually something important at stake here, and it says nothing positive about him that his ego is, once again, a higher priority?

Well, if you're still that uninformed not to worry. You still have plenty of time to make up your mind. One little debate won't make that much difference. If you are really interested in the candidates, I would suggest you visit their web pages or Facebook pages and learn something about them. You cannot learn much from a debate where each candidate only gets asked to respond to one or two questions.
It means a LOT. People see them in person and how they respond. That's FAR different than putting shit up on a website. TV has mattered a great deal since the Kennedy Nixon debate. People listening to the radio thought Nixon won. People watching TV thought Kennedy won. Well, Kennedy won.

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

Yeah, I'm sure Putin - or God forbid, any leader of any Muslim nation you'd care to name - is really going to give a shit that Trump gets his panties in a knot and flounces out of a meeting with them until they soothe his wittle hurt feewings.

But who gives a rat's ass about the big picture and the end goal, right? What matters is that Trump is shooting his mouth off again, and bullying people, and it's SOOOOO COOL!

Yeah, maybe he'll draw a line in the sand the way Obama did.

It means a LOT. People see them in person and how they respond. That's FAR different than putting shit up on a website. TV has mattered a great deal since the Kennedy Nixon debate. People listening to the radio thought Nixon won. People watching TV thought Kennedy won. Well, Kennedy won.

Well, he's been on all the Sunday talk shows. He's been all over the news. He'll be on CNN for the veteran's benefit. He's on Bill O. tonight. Where the hell have you been? In a cave somewhere in Montana?

Donald is Barack Obama dressed in Republican garb anyway, so why not just go whole hog and give him the coronation Obama's supporters tried to push for? Given the political trends in this country the last couple decades or so, I don't know why we're even bothering to pretend to be a real, functioning, serious nation with a democratic tradition any more.
That's the point exactly. From one cult of personality to the extreme opposite. We've had a narcissist in the white House for long enough. I can understand it on one level but being president isn't like playing the best Monopoly game. I think a Trump nomination will be a sure Hillary win.

This has gotten steadily more pathetic to the point where it's actually more farce than tragedy now. Every election cycle, I hear the nation babbling about "what really matters" in their decision-making, and it becomes more shallow and absurd with each one. We might as well be picking a name at random out of the phone book. We now have people wanting to elect someone President because he's a crude, vulgar, offensive blowhard. Issues? What fucking issues? He pisses people off, and that's so much FUN!

Well, hell, I see guys who meet THAT qualification every time I go to a bar on a Saturday night. Why don't we just elect one of them, liquor him up, and point him at Iran, for crying out loud?

I swear to God, if we put Donald Trump in the White House, our grandchildren are going to be coming up to us some day and asking, "Was the whole country high and voting as a prank? Were they putting crack in the water supply?"

This has gotten steadily more pathetic to the point where it's actually more farce than tragedy now. Every election cycle, I hear the nation babbling about "what really matters" in their decision-making, and it becomes more shallow and absurd with each one. We might as well be picking a name at random out of the phone book. We now have people wanting to elect someone President because he's a crude, vulgar, offensive blowhard. Issues? What fucking issues? He pisses people off, and that's so much FUN!

Well, hell, I see guys who meet THAT qualification every time I go to a bar on a Saturday night. Why don't we just elect one of them, liquor him up, and point him at Iran, for crying out loud?

I swear to God, if we put Donald Trump in the White House, our grandchildren are going to be coming up to us some day and asking, "Was the whole country high and voting as a prank? Were they putting crack in the water supply?"
He's never specific either, it's always "we're gonna kick butt. Or we're gonna be great again". Sounds a lot like hope and change to me. The problem is, America IS dumb enough to keep buying the snake oil.

Winning maybe?

And the gain for America as a nation from all this? You DO remember there was a larger point to the whole exercise, right?

Look, I'm informed. If you are not informed - that is your fault and none of mine.

So basically, fuck the rest of the country for not being a politically-obsessed, Trump-Kool-Aid fanboy? You got your jollies, and to hell with that "serious Presidential election" bullshit?

And he's likely right.

Oh, for God's sake, your Jim Jones with a dead cat on his head is NOT the conservative Messiah. He's not conservative at all, and he sure as shit does NOT own conservatism, so close your slack, drooling jaw and quit with that whole "There is only Trump and the far left. Nothing else can exist" horseshit.

He's never specific either, it's always "we're gonna kick butt. Or we're gonna be great again". Sounds a lot like hope and change to me. The problem is, America IS dumb enough to keep buying the snake oil.

Which "candidate" is more specific? Trump outlines his proposals on his website. He has as many specifics as any other candidate.

IMHO, the snake oil is being sold by the establishment. They want you to believe that there is a real difference between "R" and "D". There isn't.. They are two sides of the same coin. Both are bought and paid for by special interests and lobbyists. Both continue to double down on the same failed economic policies that have our country at the precipice. What is the difference between Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi and Boehner/Ryan? Nothing. They all pushed through huge spending bills. They have an excuse for every bad decision and stupid law they pass. They are all pawns. Obama is a pawn. He's overseen the largest expansion of government in history, while the "party of small government" did worse than nothing, they helped him!

Well, he's been on all the Sunday talk shows. He's been all over the news. He'll be on CNN for the veteran's benefit. He's on Bill O. tonight. Where the hell have you been? In a cave somewhere in Montana?

Amazingly enough, the vast majority of this country doesn't give much of a shit about politics until the week before their state holds a vote. Very few people are political junkies who spend their spare time watching debates and arguing on message boards for the fun of it.

In fact, when you get right down to it, the majority of this country doesn't care about politics and elections at all, because they don't even vote.

And as much as you orgasm over Trump's poll numbers, have you noticed that his percentage is still not even half? And that's "not even half" of likely REPUBLICAN voters; it's not even in the same ballpark with the percentage of likely voters ACROSS THE SPECTRUM that he's going to need. And outside of his little cult, most people really, REALLY don't like him.

So you might want to interrupt your little "He showed THEM who can talk shit and who can't" victory dance and consider that Mr. Trump has an entire metric fuckton of convincing left to do before he can consider the election "in the bag, heading to the locker rooms, do what I want or be crushed".

And he just might possibly need some goodwill from the news networks a few months down this road.

So basically, fuck the rest of the country for not being a politically-obsessed, Trump-Kool-Aid fanboy? You got your jollies, and to hell with that "serious Presidential election" bullshit?

Well, actually to hell with someone pretending that he/she is actually considering voting for the man when anyone with any sense can see you have no intention of doing so. But yes, if they are too stupid or lazy to get informed, then to hell with them. One little debate in which a candidate might be allowed to speak for two or three minutes will not serve to make anyone an informed voter. Suck it up.

So I'm not the only one who feels like the last person in America who isn't on LSD? If it's not right-wingers hallucinating that Donald Trump would make a good President, it's left-wingers imagining that they can turn Hillary or, God help us, Bernie Boy into a palatable choice.

Sad thing is, in this case, it really IS my circus, and these really ARE my monkeys. It's not something I can just go "Fuck it" with.

Amazingly enough, the vast majority of this country doesn't give much of a shit about politics until the week before their state holds a vote. Very few people are political junkies who spend their spare time watching debates and arguing on message boards for the fun of it.

In fact, when you get right down to it, the majority of this country doesn't care about politics and elections at all, because they don't even vote.

And as much as you orgasm over Trump's poll numbers, have you noticed that his percentage is still not even half? And that's "not even half" of likely REPUBLICAN voters; it's not even in the same ballpark with the percentage of likely voters ACROSS THE SPECTRUM that he's going to need. And outside of his little cult, most people really, REALLY don't like him.

So you might want to interrupt your little "He showed THEM who can talk shit and who can't" victory dance and consider that Mr. Trump has an entire metric fuckton of convincing left to do before he can consider the election "in the bag, heading to the locker rooms, do what I want or be crushed".

And he just might possibly need some goodwill from the news networks a few months down this road.

What amuses me is that you are even concerned about Trump at all. Of course I do enjoy the railings of the mentally challenged.

And he's likely right.

Oh, for God's sake, your Jim Jones with a dead cat on his head is NOT the conservative Messiah. He's not conservative at all, and he sure as shit does NOT own conservatism, so close your slack, drooling jaw and quit with that whole "There is only Trump and the far left. Nothing else can exist" horseshit.

Well, if you would actually take the time to get informed, you would find that everyone already are aware that Trump is not a Conservative. We all knew that from the git-go. What he is is a patriot. He wants to see America on the top of the heap again.

Well, they certainly bought into it with Obummer.

See. Likke I said, you had no intention of voting for him anyway. You just wanted to bitch about him.

Forum List

Back