What Trump Missing the Debate Really Means

Who is bitching has nothing to do with his reputation taking a hit from being scared off by Kelly

Hold your drawers. Watch his uptick in the polls again. He is all over the news. It is Megan and Fox News who are taking the hit.

And the gain for America as a nation from all this? You DO remember there was a larger point to the whole exercise, right?

Look, I'm informed. If you are not informed - that is your fault and none of mine.

So basically, fuck the rest of the country for not being a politically-obsessed, Trump-Kool-Aid fanboy? You got your jollies, and to hell with that "serious Presidential election" bullshit?

Well, actually to hell with someone pretending that he/she is actually considering voting for the man when anyone with any sense can see you have no intention of doing so. But yes, if they are too stupid or lazy to get informed, then to hell with them. One little debate in which a candidate might be allowed to speak for two or three minutes will not serve to make anyone an informed voter. Suck it up.

Who's pretending to be considering voting for him? OF COURSE I'm not considering voting for him. I'm still sane.

Doesn't mean I haven't been listening. In fact, listening to him is the reason WHY I'm not considering voting for him.

What you're basically saying is, "I'm only listening to people who think he's wonderful". So much for discussion and debate, if you're going to insist that the only people qualified are people who agree with you.

Very left-wing of you.

It's not "one little debate" all by itself. It's what happens with THIS debate, compiled with the other debates, AND with the speeches, AND with the interviews, AND with the media coverage, AND with . . . you get the idea? It's a CAMPAIGN, a months-long cumulation of everything the candidate shows us about why he should - or shouldn't, as the case may be - be elected to be President of the United States of America. And if your attitude is, "Fuck it, it's just one thing, it doesn't matter", then you can say that about EVERY "just one thing" that makes up the campaign. At exactly what number of "just one things" does it become important?

Any candidate who thinks votes can't be won or lost on "just one thing" is a fucking idiot and a historical moron. Nixon lost to Kennedy over ONE debate, just because he had a five o'clock shadow and sweat.

If he's too lazy and butt-chapped to show up all the way through a campaign, how's he going to manage an entire term in office?

Donald is Barack Obama dressed in Republican garb anyway, so why not just go whole hog and give him the coronation Obama's supporters tried to push for? Given the political trends in this country the last couple decades or so, I don't know why we're even bothering to pretend to be a real, functioning, serious nation with a democratic tradition any more.
That's the point exactly. From one cult of personality to the extreme opposite. We've had a narcissist in the white House for long enough. I can understand it on one level but being president isn't like playing the best Monopoly game. I think a Trump nomination will be a sure Hillary win.

This has gotten steadily more pathetic to the point where it's actually more farce than tragedy now. Every election cycle, I hear the nation babbling about "what really matters" in their decision-making, and it becomes more shallow and absurd with each one. We might as well be picking a name at random out of the phone book. We now have people wanting to elect someone President because he's a crude, vulgar, offensive blowhard. Issues? What fucking issues? He pisses people off, and that's so much FUN!

Well, hell, I see guys who meet THAT qualification every time I go to a bar on a Saturday night. Why don't we just elect one of them, liquor him up, and point him at Iran, for crying out loud?

I swear to God, if we put Donald Trump in the White House, our grandchildren are going to be coming up to us some day and asking, "Was the whole country high and voting as a prank? Were they putting crack in the water supply?"

See. Likke I said, you had no intention of voting for him anyway. You just wanted to bitch about him.

See, like I said, "The only people qualified to discuss Trump's candidacy are the ones who think he's wonderful. We'll have none of that multi-sided, open debate with dissenting opinions shit. Only favorable opinions are unbiased."

Seriously, how do you fanatics get your eyeballs to spin in opposite directions that way?

He's his own man. He's old enough and experienced enough to be able to participate or to not participate if he wishes. It will cost Fox in viewership big time. It won't hurt Trump at all. Everyone already knows what he stands for and just going over it again and again serves no purpose. I'll even wager that Megan and company will still throw out some questions to the other candidates in attempt to smear Trump in his absence.

Everybody knows what he stands for? Really? You say that as though you think he's been very clear and specific about issues and policies.

Now, if one believes that he stands for Donald Trump, the ego that walks like a man, then yes. You know what he stands for.

Yes I do. I get updates from his campaign usually several times a day. I'm an informed citizen.

Yeah? You're "informed" because you guzzle down Trump propaganda several times a day?

That's not "informed", chucklehead. That's called "indoctrinated".

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

Thats an interesting way to describe being a cry baby.

But he'll be tough on other things as long as people treat him nicely

There are plenty of ways to look at this situation.

We can say he's being a cry baby, sure, but that's a bit simplistic. I think if he thought he needed this debate he'd show and, who knows, he still might.

We can also look at it as a game of brinksmanship. In this case, Trump holds the cards and he knows it.

This is a pissing contest between Trump and Ailes. Two ego-manics fighting on Twitter. It's absurd, really, from both perspectives.

But at the end of the day it is Fox that loses if Trump pulls out, no doubt about that. Trump knows it and has told the weaker party to get fucked. Baby? Maybe. Them that holds the gold make the rules? Definitely.

If you really want a to know what Trump is doing, read "The Art of the Deal". Trump is winning the Deal.

"Winning the deal"? Correct me if I'm misremembering, but isn't too much dealmaking the reason we were all pissed off at the GOP establishment in the first place?

Donald is Barack Obama dressed in Republican garb anyway, so why not just go whole hog and give him the coronation Obama's supporters tried to push for? Given the political trends in this country the last couple decades or so, I don't know why we're even bothering to pretend to be a real, functioning, serious nation with a democratic tradition any more.
That's the point exactly. From one cult of personality to the extreme opposite. We've had a narcissist in the white House for long enough. I can understand it on one level but being president isn't like playing the best Monopoly game. I think a Trump nomination will be a sure Hillary win.

This has gotten steadily more pathetic to the point where it's actually more farce than tragedy now. Every election cycle, I hear the nation babbling about "what really matters" in their decision-making, and it becomes more shallow and absurd with each one. We might as well be picking a name at random out of the phone book. We now have people wanting to elect someone President because he's a crude, vulgar, offensive blowhard. Issues? What fucking issues? He pisses people off, and that's so much FUN!

Well, hell, I see guys who meet THAT qualification every time I go to a bar on a Saturday night. Why don't we just elect one of them, liquor him up, and point him at Iran, for crying out loud?

I swear to God, if we put Donald Trump in the White House, our grandchildren are going to be coming up to us some day and asking, "Was the whole country high and voting as a prank? Were they putting crack in the water supply?"

See. Likke I said, you had no intention of voting for him anyway. You just wanted to bitch about him.

See, like I said, "The only people qualified to discuss Trump's candidacy are the ones who think he's wonderful. We'll have none of that multi-sided, open debate with dissenting opinions shit. Only favorable opinions are unbiased."

Seriously, how do you fanatics get your eyeballs to spin in opposite directions that way?

Didn't take but a minute to see through your agenda.

That isn't the point. Did Reagan quit because a reporter was too tough on him?
He skipped the debate because it wasn't in his best interest to attend...just as it isn't in Trumps best interest to attend Fox's ambush debate.

So, go ahead...call Reagan a pussy.
Nice side step. It is in Trump's best interest to attend because he's neck and neck with Cruz and acting even more purile isn't going to win hearts and minds.
Shhhh! The more rampant his arrogance and the craziness of his followers becomes, the better off the nation will be on the long run.
Maybe Trump will shoot someone on fifth ave. to prove his point?

I can whip out and buy Hillary a souvenir T-shirt from Target. Definitely improve his odds of being correct.

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

We can say he's being a cry baby, sure, but that's a bit simplistic. I think if he thought he needed this debate he'd show and, who knows, he still might.

We can also look at it as a game of brinksmanship. In this case, Trump holds the cards and he knows it.

This is a pissing contest between Trump and Ailes. Two ego-manics fighting on Twitter. It's absurd, really, from both perspectives.

But at the end of the day it is Fox that loses if Trump pulls out, no doubt about that. Trump knows it and has told the weaker party to get fucked. Baby? Maybe. Them that holds the gold make the rules? Definitely.

If you really want a to know what Trump is doing, read "The Art of the Deal". Trump is winning the Deal.

"Winning the deal"? Correct me if I'm misremembering, but isn't too much dealmaking the reason we were all pissed off at the GOP establishment in the first place?

We're not pissed off. You're happy with things screwed up the way they are. You're a Liberal.

I am reading that Fox is begging him to change his mind.. even Hannity tried to call him but he is not taking any calls. Trump only wants to deal with Murdoch now!

Good on him!:thup:
Murdoch must kneel and kiss his ring. Absolution will then be considered.

Uh huh. Make a note of this, would you, so that if and when Ego Boy actually gets the nomination, and the MSM is savaging him like a pack of rabid hyenas, he desperately needs a friendly news outlet to counterbalance them, and Fox is strangely silent and unwilling to say anything in his favor, we can pull this out again.

At the very least, we should get to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude and karmic payback while the country burns around us.

Hold your drawers. Watch his uptick in the polls again. He is all over the news. It is Megan and Fox News who are taking the hit.

And the gain for America as a nation from all this? You DO remember there was a larger point to the whole exercise, right?

Look, I'm informed. If you are not informed - that is your fault and none of mine.

So basically, fuck the rest of the country for not being a politically-obsessed, Trump-Kool-Aid fanboy? You got your jollies, and to hell with that "serious Presidential election" bullshit?

Well, actually to hell with someone pretending that he/she is actually considering voting for the man when anyone with any sense can see you have no intention of doing so. But yes, if they are too stupid or lazy to get informed, then to hell with them. One little debate in which a candidate might be allowed to speak for two or three minutes will not serve to make anyone an informed voter. Suck it up.

Who's pretending to be considering voting for him? OF COURSE I'm not considering voting for him. I'm still sane.

Doesn't mean I haven't been listening. In fact, listening to him is the reason WHY I'm not considering voting for him.

What you're basically saying is, "I'm only listening to people who think he's wonderful". So much for discussion and debate, if you're going to insist that the only people qualified are people who agree with you.

Very left-wing of you.

It's not "one little debate" all by itself. It's what happens with THIS debate, compiled with the other debates, AND with the speeches, AND with the interviews, AND with the media coverage, AND with . . . you get the idea? It's a CAMPAIGN, a months-long cumulation of everything the candidate shows us about why he should - or shouldn't, as the case may be - be elected to be President of the United States of America. And if your attitude is, "Fuck it, it's just one thing, it doesn't matter", then you can say that about EVERY "just one thing" that makes up the campaign. At exactly what number of "just one things" does it become important?

Any candidate who thinks votes can't be won or lost on "just one thing" is a fucking idiot and a historical moron. Nixon lost to Kennedy over ONE debate, just because he had a five o'clock shadow and sweat.

If he's too lazy and butt-chapped to show up all the way through a campaign, how's he going to manage an entire term in office?

The ravings of a Left Wing Loon.

Didn't take but a minute to see through your agenda.

Which would be what, precisely, oh wise cult follower?

I am reading that Fox is begging him to change his mind.. even Hannity tried to call him but he is not taking any calls. Trump only wants to deal with Murdoch now!

Good on him!:thup:
Murdoch must kneel and kiss his ring. Absolution will then be considered.

Uh huh. Make a note of this, would you, so that if and when Ego Boy actually gets the nomination, and the MSM is savaging him like a pack of rabid hyenas, he desperately needs a friendly news outlet to counterbalance them, and Fox is strangely silent and unwilling to say anything in his favor, we can pull this out again.

At the very least, we should get to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude and karmic payback while the country burns around us.

He might just but a news outlet himself.

That isn't the point. Did Reagan quit because a reporter was too tough on him?
He skipped the debate because it wasn't in his best interest to attend...just as it isn't in Trumps best interest to attend Fox's ambush debate.

Nice side step. It is in Trump's best interest to attend because he's neck and neck with Cruz and acting even more purile isn't going to win hearts and minds.
Shhhh! The more rampant his arrogance and the craziness of his followers becomes, the better off the nation will be on the long run.

I can whip out and buy Hillary a souvenir T-shirt from Target. Definitely improve his odds of being correct.

You're not supposed to use your EBT card for purchasing apparel.

And he's likely right.

We're not pissed off. You're happy with things screwed up the way they are. You're a Liberal.

I'm a liberal? I'M a liberal?!

Maybe you should have taken more than a minute, and possibly spent it actually THINKING, instead of fapping to a Trump poster, you halfwit.

As you all most likely know by now, I am supporting Ted Cruz for President. Today, while waiting for my turkey to finish roasting, I was reading this op-ed that popped up on my Internet news feed, and thought I'd share it. No, I'm not particularly familiar with the site or the author, but I still agree with the points.

Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Ted Cruz

10. He really knows economics--not the ideologically driven pablum dished out at universities, but the real battlefield of entrenched monopolies against entrepreneurial upstarts. Anyone can propose tax cuts. It takes real know-how to cut through the regulatory kudzu that is strangling America enterprise.

9. He really knows foreign policy. He is a hardline defender of American interests, but wants to keep American politics out of the export business. He's not beholden to the bunglers of the Bush administration, unlike the hapless Marco Rubio. (And don't even get me started on Rubio and immigration. We'll get to that.)

8. He really knows the political system. As Texas solicitor general, he argued nine cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and won five of them. How many other lawyers in the United States have gone to the Supreme Court nine times on points of Constitutional law? If you want a president who knows the mechanism of American governance from the inside, there's no-one else who comes close to Cruz. (And without being one of the "good ol' Beltway Boys.)

7. He's an outsider, and America needs an outsider. The public thinks that Washington is corrupt, and it IS corrupt. The banks are corrupt, the defense industries (with their $1.5 trillion budget for a new fighter plane that won't fly) are corrupt, the tech companies (run by patent trolls rather than engineers) are corrupt, the public utilities are corrupt. The American people want a new broom. But it helps to put it in the hands of someone who knows his way around the broom closet. (Posted this one entirely, because I think this is an important point for many of us. I want an outsider, but I don't want an amateur.)

6. Trump and Carson aren't serious candidates. Neither of these two would have gotten this far in any other election, and have only managed it this time because of conservatives' weariness with Washington "business as usual" and the GOP establishment and its tepid candidates.

5. Cruz is in but not of the system. The distinguished conservative scholar Robert P. George mentored him at Princeton and the flamboyant (but effective) liberal Alan Dershowitz taught him at Harvard Law School. Cruz came through the elite university mill with his principles intact, and a keen understanding of the liberal mentality.

4. He's got real grit--call it fire in the belly, but Cruz wants to be president and wants us to want him to be president. Determination is a lot more important than charm, where Cruz won't win first prize. When it comes down to it, Americans don't want a charming president, but a smart, tough and decent one. (Personally, I find his sincerity/backbone combination quite charming.)

3. He knows how to run a real campaign as opposed to a flash-in-the-pan media event. Cruz has boots on the ground, an organization of people who believe in him and raise money at twice the rate of Rubio--with an averge $66 donation.

2. He's a true believer in the United States of America. His love for his country and belief in its prospects are impassioned and unfeigned. He's ambitious, but his ambition stems from a desire to serve, where he believes that he is uniquely qualified to serve. (Call me silly, but I think the President of the United States should actually love the United States, and be openly proud to do so.)

And the top reason to vote for Ted Cruz is:

He can beat Hillary Clinton. Not just beat her, but beat her by a landslide. Mrs. Clinton isn't that smart. She looks sort of smart when the media toss her softballs, but in a series of one-to-one, nowhere-to-hide presidential debates, Cruz would shred her. Cruz was the top college debater in the country. He knows how to assemble facts, stay on message, anticipate his opponent's moves and neutralize them. He's a quarter-century younger than Mrs. Clinton, smarter, sharper, and better prepared. He's also clean as a whistle in personal life and finances, while the Clintons could reasonably be understood to constitute a criminal enterprise. (I also quoted this entirely, because I think it bears saying. Repeatedly.)

I think Ted Cruz is the leader we need: smart, serious, thoughtful, methodical, decent, and patriotic.

I changed my mind. You're not on drugs; you're fucking brain-damaged.

You are now officially the stupidest person on this board, surpassing even Jillian and Jake. Congratulations, moron. :clap:

When you realize how badly you've stepped on your fucking johnson, you dribbling lunatic, have someone let me know you're ready to apologize. In the meantime, FLUSH!

I'm a liberal? I'M a liberal?!

Maybe you should have taken more than a minute, and possibly spent it actually THINKING, instead of fapping to a Trump poster, you halfwit.

As you all most likely know by now, I am supporting Ted Cruz for President. Today, while waiting for my turkey to finish roasting, I was reading this op-ed that popped up on my Internet news feed, and thought I'd share it. No, I'm not particularly familiar with the site or the author, but I still agree with the points.

Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Ted Cruz

10. He really knows economics--not the ideologically driven pablum dished out at universities, but the real battlefield of entrenched monopolies against entrepreneurial upstarts. Anyone can propose tax cuts. It takes real know-how to cut through the regulatory kudzu that is strangling America enterprise.

9. He really knows foreign policy. He is a hardline defender of American interests, but wants to keep American politics out of the export business. He's not beholden to the bunglers of the Bush administration, unlike the hapless Marco Rubio. (And don't even get me started on Rubio and immigration. We'll get to that.)

8. He really knows the political system. As Texas solicitor general, he argued nine cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and won five of them. How many other lawyers in the United States have gone to the Supreme Court nine times on points of Constitutional law? If you want a president who knows the mechanism of American governance from the inside, there's no-one else who comes close to Cruz. (And without being one of the "good ol' Beltway Boys.)

7. He's an outsider, and America needs an outsider. The public thinks that Washington is corrupt, and it IS corrupt. The banks are corrupt, the defense industries (with their $1.5 trillion budget for a new fighter plane that won't fly) are corrupt, the tech companies (run by patent trolls rather than engineers) are corrupt, the public utilities are corrupt. The American people want a new broom. But it helps to put it in the hands of someone who knows his way around the broom closet. (Posted this one entirely, because I think this is an important point for many of us. I want an outsider, but I don't want an amateur.)

6. Trump and Carson aren't serious candidates. Neither of these two would have gotten this far in any other election, and have only managed it this time because of conservatives' weariness with Washington "business as usual" and the GOP establishment and its tepid candidates.

5. Cruz is in but not of the system. The distinguished conservative scholar Robert P. George mentored him at Princeton and the flamboyant (but effective) liberal Alan Dershowitz taught him at Harvard Law School. Cruz came through the elite university mill with his principles intact, and a keen understanding of the liberal mentality.

4. He's got real grit--call it fire in the belly, but Cruz wants to be president and wants us to want him to be president. Determination is a lot more important than charm, where Cruz won't win first prize. When it comes down to it, Americans don't want a charming president, but a smart, tough and decent one. (Personally, I find his sincerity/backbone combination quite charming.)

3. He knows how to run a real campaign as opposed to a flash-in-the-pan media event. Cruz has boots on the ground, an organization of people who believe in him and raise money at twice the rate of Rubio--with an averge $66 donation.

2. He's a true believer in the United States of America. His love for his country and belief in its prospects are impassioned and unfeigned. He's ambitious, but his ambition stems from a desire to serve, where he believes that he is uniquely qualified to serve. (Call me silly, but I think the President of the United States should actually love the United States, and be openly proud to do so.)

And the top reason to vote for Ted Cruz is:

He can beat Hillary Clinton. Not just beat her, but beat her by a landslide. Mrs. Clinton isn't that smart. She looks sort of smart when the media toss her softballs, but in a series of one-to-one, nowhere-to-hide presidential debates, Cruz would shred her. Cruz was the top college debater in the country. He knows how to assemble facts, stay on message, anticipate his opponent's moves and neutralize them. He's a quarter-century younger than Mrs. Clinton, smarter, sharper, and better prepared. He's also clean as a whistle in personal life and finances, while the Clintons could reasonably be understood to constitute a criminal enterprise. (I also quoted this entirely, because I think it bears saying. Repeatedly.)

I think Ted Cruz is the leader we need: smart, serious, thoughtful, methodical, decent, and patriotic.

I changed my mind. You're not on drugs; you're fucking brain-damaged.

One giveaway is the fact that you cannot speak a simple sentence without using profanity. That indicates your parents failed to rear you correctly and that you are a depraved Liberal.

You are now officially the stupidest person on this board, surpassing even Jillian and Jake. Congratulations, moron. :clap:

When you realize how badly you've stepped on your fucking johnson, you dribbling lunatic, have someone let me know you're ready to apologize. In the meantime, FLUSH!

Why don't you visit the Christian board and curse God and the Christians. You are demonically possessed you know.

Very left-wing of you.

The ravings of a Left Wing Loon.
Cecilie1200 is a Right Wing loon.
Still no excuse for either of you being impolite.

Winning maybe?

At the expense of his reputation as a tough guy? Yes! since Kelly spooks him so much. Of he can't answer questions from a cute blond then how is he going to stick out his chest at other leaders after this cry baby routine?

Like I said, the only ones really bitching about his not appearing are Liberals who are not going to vote for any of the Republican candidates anyway.

Who is bitching has nothing to do with his reputation taking a hit from being scared off by Kelly

An uptick in polls doesnt change his reputation for being a pussy either.

I guess the thought process will be As soon as he meets with any other leader

Foreign Leader: Wait, that guy who was crying about some blond being mean? He's a pussy
Advisor: He had an uptick in the polls tho
Foreign Leader: OH WELL WHY DID YOU SAY SO! HE"S COURAGEOUS!

Which direction in the polls did you say Hillary was heading?

I didnt, and her poll numbers doesn't have anything to do with his pussy reputation either. But nice try tho

A lot are calling him a sissy for not wanting to face Megyn. Others are claiming it shows a weakness or thin skin that is out of place for a president. (We see what that thin skin does every day with the current resident of the Oval Office) But, what does it REALLY show?

Someone who's out to show just what the media in general has come to in this world. He is standing up to deception from the likes of Roger Ailes and, yes, the Republican leader of the US Senate, Mitch McConnell.

The bottom line is Donald Trump is advocating for us; he’s representing the interests of all of us who are sick and tired of being lied to and manipulated by the Mitch McConnells of the world. So while campaigning, he’s taking them head on.

The story is @ URGENT REMINDER: Why Donald Trump Battles The Fox News Machine…

So. What are your thoughts?

One of the reasons this country is free, is because we have something called the "Free Press"--the media that reports on things the government and other institutions are doing. Trump's avoidance or trying to manipulate the media or the circumstances that they operate under turns us into a communist state.

Donald Trump is missing this debate because he is getting ready to drop out of this race.

1. Bill Clinton called Trump right before he entered this race.
2. Trump goes balls out on Hispanics--knowing full well they were one of the reasons Romney lost in 2012.
2012 FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Said GOP Was Too ‘Mean-Spirited’ Towards Illegal Immigrants
Trump supported path to citizenship, said Romney was "mean-spirited" on immigration | RedState
3. Trump is polling at a negative 75% with Hispanics when the GOP nominee, since Reagan needs to capture at least 40% of this block to win the White House.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Poll: 75% of Latinos Have Negative View of Donald Trump
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

hillary-clinton-laughing.jpg

Tea-Party-Cartoon.jpg

Column: Trump exploits rational political ignorance

And he's likely right.

Winning maybe?

At the expense of his reputation as a tough guy? Yes! since Kelly spooks him so much. Of he can't answer questions from a cute blond then how is he going to stick out his chest at other leaders after this cry baby routine?

Like I said, the only ones really bitching about his not appearing are Liberals who are not going to vote for any of the Republican candidates anyway.
They're not really bitching. It was just one more opportunity to stick a pin in the doll.

Forum List

Back