What Trump Missing the Debate Really Means

Strangely, nobody believes in polls when they contradict what they are trying to sell...I can't imagine why. :eusa_whistle:

And its funny how people believe in polls when they agree with what they are trying to sell....I can't imagine why. :eusa_whistle:

Zing! Not half bad New Guy...you'll do all right here.

Time will tell which of us is correct.

While I'd love to do this all day, I've got things to do. Welcome to the board. :thup:

Thanks, take care yourself!

Nice side step. It is in Trump's best interest to attend because he's neck and neck with Cruz and acting even more purile isn't going to win hearts and minds.

Neck and Neck? What polling data are you looking at...nationally Trump is double Cruz plus...like 41% to 16%.

And in Iowa, Cruz has only managed to best Trump in ONE recent poll...by 2% with a 3% margin of error.

View attachment 61275

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus
Yeah, right. Why even have a vote? They are very close in Iowa and no way is Donnie's move going to win votes in this reality.

Words have meanings...neck and neck means tied...they aren't tied...not even that close. Obama beat Romney by less than 5.4%, and that was considered at the time a mandate.

Obama got 51.1 percent of the popular vote to Mitt Romney's 47.2 percent, a four point margin.

Not really. He has his die-hard supporters but he doesn't have the support of the majority of America which is what is needed to win.

He started at 6% and now he is at 41%...and we're a year from the general election...at the rate he's going...he'll have the support and then some.

Who else has accomplished this? Everyone else is going backwards.

Cruz has gone up.

Trump is doing what only the some of the candidates wish they could do. Takes a huge set of balls to tell Fox News to go fuck themselves when you are the frontrunner, not to mention running on the Republican ticket.

On Friday nobody is going to give a shit anymore. The debate will be like the last 6.....nothing new. These debates have run their course and its just a money grab at this point.

Trump just showed his supporters and anyone else paying attention that he has balls the size of Jupiter. He'll probably rise even more in the polls over this.

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

It's a game of brinksmanship. Fox is a for profit company and Trump has made the calculation that he can kick them in the wallet at little cost to himself.

And he's likely right.

Thats an interesting way to describe being a cry baby.

But he'll be tough on other things as long as people treat him nicely

And he's likely right.

There are plenty of ways to look at this situation.

We can say he's being a cry baby, sure, but that's a bit simplistic. I think if he thought he needed this debate he'd show and, who knows, he still might.

We can also look at it as a game of brinksmanship. In this case, Trump holds the cards and he knows it.

This is a pissing contest between Trump and Ailes. Two ego-manics fighting on Twitter. It's absurd, really, from both perspectives.

But at the end of the day it is Fox that loses if Trump pulls out, no doubt about that. Trump knows it and has told the weaker party to get fucked. Baby? Maybe. Them that holds the gold make the rules? Definitely.

He's his own man. He's old enough and experienced enough to be able to participate or to not participate if he wishes. It will cost Fox in viewership big time. It won't hurt Trump at all. Everyone already knows what he stands for and just going over it again and again serves no purpose. I'll even wager that Megan and company will still throw out some questions to the other candidates in attempt to smear Trump in his absence.

Everybody knows what he stands for? Really? You say that as though you think he's been very clear and specific about issues and policies.

Now, if one believes that he stands for Donald Trump, the ego that walks like a man, then yes. You know what he stands for.

I am reading that Fox is begging him to change his mind.. even Hannity tried to call him but he is not taking any calls. Trump only wants to deal with Murdoch now!

Good on him!:thup:

He's his own man. He's old enough and experienced enough to be able to participate or to not participate if he wishes. It will cost Fox in viewership big time. It won't hurt Trump at all. Everyone already knows what he stands for and just going over it again and again serves no purpose. I'll even wager that Megan and company will still throw out some questions to the other candidates in attempt to smear Trump in his absence.

Everybody knows what he stands for? Really? You say that as though you think he's been very clear and specific about issues and policies.

Now, if one believes that he stands for Donald Trump, the ego that walks like a man, then yes. You know what he stands for.

Yes I do. I get updates from his campaign usually several times a day. I'm an informed citizen.

That isn't the point. Did Reagan quit because a reporter was too tough on him?
He skipped the debate because it wasn't in his best interest to attend...just as it isn't in Trumps best interest to attend Fox's ambush debate.

So, go ahead...call Reagan a pussy.
Nice side step. It is in Trump's best interest to attend because he's neck and neck with Cruz and acting even more purile isn't going to win hearts and minds.

Shhhh! The more rampant his arrogance and the craziness of his followers becomes, the better off the nation will be on the long run.

I am reading that Fox is begging him to change his mind.. even Hannity tried to call him but he is not taking any calls. Trump only wants to deal with Murdoch now!

Indeed. Fox has even reached out to Trump's wife and daughter. Trump will be on the Bill O. show. His feud is with Megan only.

And he's likely right.

There are plenty of ways to look at this situation.

We can say he's being a cry baby, sure, but that's a bit simplistic. I think if he thought he needed this debate he'd show and, who knows, he still might.

We can also look at it as a game of brinksmanship. In this case, Trump holds the cards and he knows it.

This is a pissing contest between Trump and Ailes. Two ego-manics fighting on Twitter. It's absurd, really, from both perspectives.

But at the end of the day it is Fox that loses if Trump pulls out, no doubt about that. Trump knows it and has told the weaker party to get fucked. Baby? Maybe. Them that holds the gold make the rules? Definitely.

If you really want a to know what Trump is doing, read "The Art of the Deal". Trump is winning the Deal.

That isn't the point. Did Reagan quit because a reporter was too tough on him?
He skipped the debate because it wasn't in his best interest to attend...just as it isn't in Trumps best interest to attend Fox's ambush debate.

So, go ahead...call Reagan a pussy.
Shhhh! The more rampant his arrogance and the craziness of his followers becomes, the better off the nation will be on the long run.
Maybe Trump will shoot someone on fifth ave. to prove his point?

Murdoch must kneel and kiss his ring. Absolution will then be considered.

nah..
Kelly can kiss his...
ring ...
if he is in the mood ,that is.
:rolleyes:

nah..
Kelly can kiss his...
ring ...
if he is in the mood ,that is.
:rolleyes:
That would make blood squirt out of her whatever.

Pretty damned depressing that the American public will only watch the debate if Trump is there. I hope you're wrong about that. I know there's a post that 83% will not watch debate, but I'm still watching it for sure. It should give the other candidates a little more breathing room.

Pretty damned depressing that the American public will only watch the debate if Trump is there. I hope you're wrong about that. I know there's a post that 83% will not watch debate, but I'm still watching it for sure. It should give the other candidates a little more breathing room.

What's amusing is that it is the Liberals who are not about to vote for any of the Republican candidates who are the ones bitching about Trump's decision.

Forum List

Back