what theists think of atheists

Atheists are just like other people, we just don’t have exactly the same beliefs as many others.....which is perfectly normal. People believe lots of different things. For myself, I believe in nothing supernatural. Deities are supernatural by definition therefore I don’t believe in them. ...

How do you explain that the universe came out of a super-natural (=meta-physical) situation (or out of nothing), where all our knowledge about nature, philosophy and science fails? Are we all idiots or is just simple the universe not real?

Last edited:
...they think atheist are BITTER/unhappy/etc --hahahhahahh
.....they need to think this because if we are not bitter/unhappy/etc that means people can be happy without god--OMG NO!!!!!!
...here, in this thread, they say I am bitter--yet there is NOTHING that indicates that = they are obsessed that ALL atheist are bitter/etc
What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

Okay - you are not bitter. What looks like bitterness is only frustration.

many laughs today on USMB..thank you

Sounds bitter, what you say here, isn't it?

Last edited:
How do you explain that the universe came out of a super-natural (=meta-physical) situation (or out of nothing), where all our knowledge about nature, philosophy and science fails?
Haha...charlatan's parlor trick, older than dirt.

"We dont know, therefore god!"

Same shit, different millennium...

The best answer I’ve seen so far is this explanation. I imagine you will find it offensive and not watch it but, whether you do or not, it describes current thinking in particle physics and cosmology.

Atheists are just like other people, we just don’t have exactly the same beliefs as many others.....which is perfectly normal. People believe lots of different things. For myself, I believe in nothing supernatural. Deities are supernatural by definition therefore I don’t believe in them. ...

How do you explain that the universe came out of a super-natural (=meta-physical) situation (or out of nothing), where all our knowledge about nature, philosophy and science fails? Are we all idiots or is just simple the universe not real?

How do you explain that the universe came out of a super-natural (=meta-physical) situation (or out of nothing), where all our knowledge about nature, philosophy and science fails?

"We dont know, therefore god!"

Your psychological problems are in this context not interesting for me. Very slow again: Nothing was - something was - what was between? Any idea?

The best answer I’ve seen so far is this explanation. I imagine you will find it offensive and not watch it but, whether you do or not, it describes current thinking in particle physics and cosmology.

Sorry - but this voices and the way how they say something is extremely boring. I am not able to listen to them. Asides I hate the combination of an one-way theology (theology of atheism in this case) and physics in a university lecture and their contempt for people, who do not share their own religious belief. That's an ugly attitude of uneducated people. Can you please tell me what they say? As far as I understood (on a random basis) it has to do with the idea a multiverse could exist and an idea about that the big bang is not existing. In second case I would not understand why the universe expands. Do they say anything about why something exists at all? It's for me impossible to take a look into the universe and to think this all is a totally senseless loop in a mathematical view to the world.

By the way and with context to your avatar name: The shortes way how a biologist and friend explained to me, what's the difference between plants and animals, was: "Plants carry their soul outside".

Last edited:

"We don't know what UFO's are, therefore Little Green Men from outer space"

Same shit as what? The existence of a creator "outside" of a universe, where everything is always only in the middle and where exists no physical outside? A universe which has a second zero - funny language - and where it's plausible (theory of relativity), that no time was "before".

A part of the spirituality (logic) of physics is for example called "mathematics". This - together with intuition and inspiration and so on - brings physicists for example to the plausible - but unprovable idea - a multiverse could exist. I love this idea also in context with my religious Christian belief. But what - seen only from the point of view of physics - connects all this universes within a multiverse with us? What is between them if it is not space? Nothing? I would say nothing else than only thoughts, ideas and mathematics, which are all spiritual objects and not objects of physics, connect it with us. Physis (nature) always will exist - with or without human beings - but physics (science) needs for example the philosophical idea "empirism" (empirism is not a god, although experiments are "the god" of physics). Physics needs also the not physical methods of mathematics, which we are only able to explore with our spiritual and/or mental power ... and so on and so on.

Or did you ever try to watch an aleph-0 under a micro- or macroscope - or tried to measure the energy of an 2^aleph-0 = aleph-1? You hear the first time in your life from such objects, which are called "alephs"? Means this such things are not existing? Could be - it are "only" thoughts - but nevertheless we need them and "the logos" so we are able to think about. Without simple multiplications no one is able to jump progressively. Also not in natural science.

By the way. The very famous physicist Anton Zeilinger had some or more years ago a very interesting intuition. He had a physical idea, which he described in this way: "In the beginning was the word". I understood the physical aspect like this: It can be we - and everything all around us too - has its origin only in information. But where from comes this information? - if this concept is true at all - what we still don't know or/and perhaps never will know.

Last edited:

Same shit as what? The existence of a creator "outside" of a universe, where everything is always only in the middle and where exists no physical outside? A universe which has a second zero - and where it's plausible (theory of relativity), that no time was "before".

A part of the spirituality (logic) of physics is for example called "mathematics". This - together with intuition and inspiration and so on - brings physicists for example to the plausible - but unprovable idea - a multiverse could exist. I love this idea also in context with my religious Christian belief. But what - seen only from the point of view of physics - connects all this universes within a multiverse with us? What is between them if it is not space? Nothing? I would say nothing else than only thoughts, ideas and mathematics, which are all spiritual objects and not objects of physics, connect it with us. Physis (nature) always will exist - with or without human beings - but physics (science) needs for example the philosophical idea "empirism" (empirism is not a god, although experiments are "the god" of pysics). Physics needs also the not physical methods of mathematics, which we are only able to explore with our spiritual and/or mental power ... and so on and so on.

Or did you ever try to watch an aleph-0 under a micro- or macroscope - or tried to measure the energy of an 2^aleph-0 = aleph-1? You hear the first time in your life from such objects, which are called "alephs"? Means this such things are not existing? Could be - it are "only" thoughts - but nevertheless we need them.
You can question the scientists but the explanation that there is a guy called god, who resides outside the universe where is no time, who created everything single-handedly and keeps his creatures under a brutal regime of eternal doom is just way more ridiculous. There´s something else.

sooonekgv.jpg

.....they need to think this because if we are not bitter/unhappy/etc that means people can be happy without god--OMG NO!!!!!!
...here, in this thread, they say I am bitter--yet there is NOTHING that indicates that = they are obsessed that ALL atheist are bitter/etc
We have finally evolved to a point where we no longer believe we ourselves are gods in waiting. I’m sorry if it hurts their feelings but their delusions and religions are holding us back. It’s just ignorant and we wish theists would wake up. The politicians ar3 using religion to control and manipulate them. The scientists aren’t lying. The oil companies and coal companies are.

athiest-jpg.285637
I’d rather not be in that group pretending to believe
Colander for me, fer shure.

Same shit as what? The existence of a creator "outside" of a universe, where everything is always only in the middle and where exists no physical outside? A universe which has a second zero - and where it's plausible (theory of relativity), that no time was "before".

A part of the spirituality (logic) of physics is for example called "mathematics". This - together with intuition and inspiration and so on - brings physicists for example to the plausible - but unprovable idea - a multiverse could exist. I love this idea also in context with my religious Christian belief. But what - seen only from the point of view of physics - connects all this universes within a multiverse with us? What is between them if it is not space? Nothing? I would say nothing else than only thoughts, ideas and mathematics, which are all spiritual objects and not objects of physics, connect it with us. Physis (nature) always will exist - with or without human beings - but physics (science) needs for example the philosophical idea "empirism" (empirism is not a god, although experiments are "the god" of pysics). Physics needs also the not physical methods of mathematics, which we are only able to explore with our spiritual and/or mental power ... and so on and so on.

Or did you ever try to watch an aleph-0 under a micro- or macroscope - or tried to measure the energy of an 2^aleph-0 = aleph-1? You hear the first time in your life from such objects, which are called "alephs"? Means this such things are not existing? Could be - it are "only" thoughts - but nevertheless we need them.
You can question the scientists but the explanation that there is a guy called god, who resides outside the universe where is no time, who created everything single-handedly and keeps his creatures under a brutal regime of eternal doom is just way more ridiculous. There´s something else.

sooonekgv.jpg

You are not allowed to use the logos of the government of the federal republic of Germany. And your racist fake propaganda is not covered from the value "free opinion" in Germany. You chose here definetely your exact position: You are a criminal Nazi-terrorist. To be a Nazi is a crime and not an opinion.

Last edited:
Ffs!

We don't know!

What do you like to say with this loud (fat) words and why did you delete my ending words without making this visible with the sign "..."? I finished with the words: "Are we all idiots or is just simple the universe not real?" And what means Ffs? ... Got it: ffs means "for fucks sake". That's a propagandistic attack against my Christian roots. Strange. May I ask why you hate Christians?

Last edited:

sooonekgv.jpg

You are not allowed to use the logos of the government of the federal republic of Germany. And your racist fake propaganda is not covered from the value "free opinion" in Germany. You chose here definetely your exact position: You are a criminal Nazi-terrorist. To be a Nazi is a crime and not an opinion.

You´re going off topic.

sooonekgv.jpg

You´re going off topic.

Shut up, Nazi.

Last edited:

sooonekgv.jpg

You´re going off topic.

Shut up, Nazi.

Fuck you.

sooonekgv.jpg

You´re going off topic.

Shut up, Nazi.

Fuck you.

Do you expect you are able to do crimes and everyone says to you you are a good boy? One day you will go to jail and/or to hell. The question is only on what concrete reason. If you don't like to end in this way, then you will have to change a lot - and you have not to threaten anyone with a "day of revenge". Revenge for what? For the crimes you did and do - or other Nazis like you had done? You are not only an unbelievable idiot - you are extremely dangerous to the public.

Last edited:

sooonekgv.jpg

You´re going off topic.

Shut up, Nazi.

Fuck you.

Do you expect you are able to do crimes and everyone says to you you are a good boy? One day you will go to jail and/or to hell. The question is only on what concrete reason. If you don't like to end in this way then you will have to change a lot.

You Christians accuse harmless people like me but when your imports murder, rape and pillage, you look the other way.

God prefers atheists to fundamentalist Christians

He thinks they are hateful, self righteous assholes

The talk was at a Richard Dawkins Foundation (Dawkins is the guy doing the intro) meeting. I agree about his voice and the condescending attitude. My suspicion is some of what he says is because of that venue. It’s unfortunate because the subject matter is absolutely fascinating and his presentation, despite the above mentioned caveats, it impressive, so it’s too bad it won’t reach a larger audience.

I honestly don’t know how to summarize it well because the talk is broad ranging and builds on itself to make the points....and I’ve listened to it probably 7 or 8 times; being a biologist (Ha!) I find some parts of it hard to grasp and seem to only be able to follow them as he explains them. It concerns the Big Bang, Dark Matter/energy, the current composition and size of the universe, the history of various discoveries that let to the current bodies of evidence, a fascinating theory on the origin of the universe, and finally concluding with the picture of how the universe will eventually end. I hope you can maybe get past the presenter enough at some point to just be able to hear the actual talk. I think it’s worth putting up with him.

Sorry - but this voices and the way how they say something is extremely boring. I am not able to listen to them. Asides I hate the combination of an one-way theology (theology of atheism in this case) and physics in a university lecture and their contempt for people, who do not share their own religious belief. That's an ugly attitude of uneducated people. Can you please tell me what they say? As far as I understood (on a random basis) it has to do with the idea a multiverse could exist and an idea about that the big bang is not existing. In second case I would not understand why the universe expands. Do they say anything about why something exists at all? It's for me impossible to take a look into the universe and to think this all is a totally senseless loop in a mathematical view to the world.

By the way and with context to your avatar name: The shortes way how a biologist and friend explained to me, what's the difference between plants and animals, was: "Plants carry their soul outside".

Forum List

Back