Veterans Affairs Canada trolled for 'politically correct' Easter tweet: 'Happy March holiday season'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It seems it isn't only in the W.H that there is controversy.

Imagine being a WWII Veteran, risking it all for your G-d and country and then having government agencies pretend that religion doesn't exist?

Even people who aren't Christian, recognize this. I will celebrate for anyones religious holidays if they peacefully celebrate. Why wouldn't I?

It isn't the average Muslim, Jew. Hindu or Christian who is the radical, it is the average Atheist that history has shown is worse.

A seemingly celebratory Easter weekend tweet by Veterans Affairs Canada has sparked an unholy storm online.

“We want to wish Veterans, current members of the @CanadianForces and @rcmpgrcpolice and their families a happy March holiday season! ☀🌷 #CanadaRemembers,” the organization shared in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Good Friday afternoon.

Critics, and there were many online, noted the post skirted around mentioning the Easter Christian holiday celebrated around the world both culturally and religiously. Good Friday is also recognized as a Statutory Holiday by the Government of Canada. Good Friday is observed by Christians as the day Christ died on the cross and Easter Sunday is celebrated as the day he rose from the dead.

“What is a March holiday season?” questioned X user Sue Kelland-Dyer. “I think the holiday is Easter. I am not even Christian and I recognize it is Easter,” tweeted X user, Vance Yung.

The Veteran Affairs tweet had over a million views, over 3.3K comments and over 800 shares at the time of publication.

“It’s Easter. I grew up in India and it was Easter then. We celebrated our friends and neighbours religious celebrations as they did ours. Eid, Diwali etc. I’m ashamed and scared that this is what our forces are spending time on instead of protecting the country for all. You have only one stand – protect and defend the country,” tweeted Shawn Desouza.

Last edited:
"March Season" should be the time of year where all Canadian veterans march over to Parliament building and throw the bums out on their asses, including that faggot Trudeau.

I would probably be charged with "insurrection" if I lived in Canada and posted that. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back