What the Hell Does "Alt-Right" Mean ?

Moonglow, protectionist, Compost, OldLady, et al,

In politics, you see the use of catchy phrases that sound new; but, contribute little to any ew revelation.

Liberals make up words (sometimes fraudulent) and then expect us all to know what they mean. Liberal websites are overflowing with the new term "alt-right" but nobody says what it means. Does anybody here know ? I don't speak their lame information-deprived language.
We know, you speak at least at an illiterate level...
(COMMENT)

"Alternative Right" = "Alt-Right"

"Being a person that supports the maintenance of a Strong Defense" and the extension of American Influence by hegemonist practices (an alternative to the threat of war alla the Iraq and the Buch Administration) is much different from openly advocating for total global military domination (Ultra Right Wing similar to the Policies behind the Project for a New American Century).

Before you can understand what the alternative to the "right" is, you have to be able to articulate what being "Right" means. And to do that, you must be able to define the relationship to natural law, economic conditions driving politics, or tradition of a particular social strata. And all that is pretty difficult in itself.

It might be better to adopt a process of independent thought - rather than being anchored to a strict compliance political platform (Left or Right). In fact, as we turn into the 21st Century, we might discover that the descriptive value of being either "Left" or "Right" --- or some alternative to either, is impractical and probably of no real value because no one truly understands it relative to the conditions of the day.

Most Respectfully,
R

Moonglow, protectionist, Compost, OldLady, et al,

In politics, you see the use of catchy phrases that sound new; but, contribute little to any ew revelation.

Liberals make up words (sometimes fraudulent) and then expect us all to know what they mean. Liberal websites are overflowing with the new term "alt-right" but nobody says what it means. Does anybody here know ? I don't speak their lame information-deprived language.
We know, you speak at least at an illiterate level...
(COMMENT)

"Alternative Right" = "Alt-Right"

"Being a person that supports the maintenance of a Strong Defense" and the extension of American Influence by hegemonist practices (an alternative to the threat of war alla the Iraq and the Buch Administration) is much different from openly advocating for total global military domination (Ultra Right Wing similar to the Policies behind the Project for a New American Century).

Before you can understand what the alternative to the "right" is, you have to be able to articulate what being "Right" means. And to do that, you must be able to define the relationship to natural law, economic conditions driving politics, or tradition of a particular social strata. And all that is pretty difficult in itself.

It might be better to adopt a process of independent thought - rather than being anchored to a strict compliance political platform (Left or Right). In fact, as we turn into the 21st Century, we might discover that the descriptive value of being either "Left" or "Right" --- or some alternative to either, is impractical and probably of no real value because no one truly understands it relative to the conditions of the day.

Most Respectfully,
R
Where did that definition come from?

Why would the owner of Breitbart use a pretense? Why would you not take it seriously? It's the definition and inferences about it that you take issue with.
You're saying that the owner of Breitbart has used the word ?
As "alternative right" the term has been around since 2008. Invented by conservative guru, Paul Gottfried.

Paul Gottfried - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Breitbart has also posted on the movement earlier this year.

An Establishment Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right

Camp, et al,

What, Exactly, is the 'Alternative Right?'
"Known collectively as the "alternative right," this amalgam includes neo-reactionaries, monarchists, nativists, populists, and even a few self-declared fascists."

Remember, I said : being either "Left" or "Right" --- or some alternative to either, is impractical and probably of no real value because no one truly understands it relative to the conditions of the day.

(COMMENT)

The alt-right is a segment of right-wing ideologies presented as an alternative to mainstream conservatism in the United States. It has been described as a movement unified by support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, as well as by opposition to multiculturalism and immigration. The alt-right has no official ideology, although various sources have said that it is associated with white nationalism, white …

Most Respectfully,
R

Camp, et al,

"Known collectively as the "alternative right," this amalgam includes neo-reactionaries, monarchists, nativists, populists, and even a few self-declared fascists."

Remember, I said : being either "Left" or "Right" --- or some alternative to either, is impractical and probably of no real value because no one truly understands it relative to the conditions of the day.

(COMMENT)

The alt-right is a segment of right-wing ideologies presented as an alternative to mainstream conservatism in the United States. It has been described as a movement unified by support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, as well as by opposition to multiculturalism and immigration. The alt-right has no official ideology, although various sources have said that it is associated with white nationalism, white …

Most Respectfully,
R
Thanks, the original post lacked the perspective and detail of the entire article, which was more pertinent during the primaries, having dated back to that period, but perhaps a bit outdated now.

Its a way to identify people like you.

I am trying to start a clean helpful discussion on the topic here in the CDZ.

CDZ - Paleoconservatives, White Nationalists, 1488ers and the New Alt-Right Defined

OF course the racists and the leftwing smear merchants are the primary posters in it so far, other than Correll.

Why would the owner of Breitbart use a pretense? Why would you not take it seriously? It's the definition and inferences about it that you take issue with.
It's in the Huffpo link. I believe I heard someone saying that it has actually been a term since 2008, but I don't remember who coined it or any details.

It's in the Huffpo link. I believe I heard someone saying that it has actually been a term since 2008, but I don't remember who coined it or any details.
CDZ - Paleoconservatives, White Nationalists, 1488ers and the New Alt-Right Defined

ALT RIGHT INCLUDES:

The Tea Party
Anybody who uses the term RINO
Cliven Bundy types
Glenn Beck
Brietbart
Fox News half the time.
And others I'm sure I'm leaving out.

Alt right simply refers to far right extremism

Camp, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I heard someone on Fox saying that the Alt-Right are NOT conservatives.

Thanks, Jim, but I don't know what a lot of the terms in the article actually mean. What's a paleoconservative, for goddsakes? You don't have to answer--I'm not really into it.

The alt-right are idiots who think European civilization is the beginnings of freedom and all others and beneath them and even the constitution is not superior to European culture. In other words it is a bunch of populist assholes who think white means right.

Alt Right=The far right extremist, racist, and fascist who have found a home with Republicans by way of the Trump campaign.

Hillary invented it on 8/25/2016. That's when she instructed her mindless minions to post about it. You'll notice, no one is talking about it any more

Alt Right R.I.P.

Forum List

Back