Ketanji Brown Jackson Pauses Oral Arguments To Ask Clarence Thomas 'What Is A Constitution'

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Ketanji Brown Jackson Pauses Oral Arguments To Ask Clarence Thomas 'What Is A Constitution'
U.S.·Feb 8, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

WASHINGTON, D.C. — As the Supreme Court began to hear the case regarding former President Donald Trump being removed from the ballot in Colorado, Justice Ketanji brown Jackson paused oral arguments to ask what this "Constitution" thing is everyone keeps talking about.
Jackson, the most recent addition to the court, halted the proceedings for several minutes to get clarification.
"What is this ‘Constitution' of which you speak?" Jackson asked, according to official Supreme Court transcripts of the hearing. "I'm not familiar with this term. I'm not a biologist, so I assume it could very well be some type of species found in remote parts of the globe. I suppose it could also be an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era. Can someone please explain to me what the ‘Constitution' is?"

Though Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly struggled to stifle laughter, other justices began to explain to Jackson that the Constitution is, in fact, the founding document upon which all U.S. laws and government are built. "It's kind of an important document," Justice Samuel Alito said. "Familiarizing yourself with it could prove beneficial in future cases."
"Ah, yes, I see now," Jackson replied. "Thank you for providing me with this new information."
At publishing time, Justice Jackson requested additional recess time from arguments so she could research what the words "government," "document," and "laws" mean.

Article Image

WASHINGTON, D.C. — As the Supreme Court began to hear the case regarding former President Donald Trump being removed from the ballot in Colorado, Justice Ketanji brown Jackson paused oral arguments to ask what this "Constitution" thing is everyone keeps talking about.
Jackson, the most recent addition to the court, halted the proceedings for several minutes to get clarification.
"What is this ‘Constitution' of which you speak?" Jackson asked, according to official Supreme Court transcripts of the hearing. "I'm not familiar with this term. I'm not a biologist, so I assume it could very well be some type of species found in remote parts of the globe. I suppose it could also be an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era. Can someone please explain to me what the ‘Constitution' is?"

Though Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly struggled to stifle laughter, other justices began to explain to Jackson that the Constitution is, in fact, the founding document upon which all U.S. laws and government are built. "It's kind of an important document," Justice Samuel Alito said. "Familiarizing yourself with it could prove beneficial in future cases."
"Ah, yes, I see now," Jackson replied. "Thank you for providing me with this new information."
At publishing time, Justice Jackson requested additional recess time from arguments so she could research what the words "government," "document," and "laws" mean.
I heard this too! She's got his number. :rolleyes:
Jeez, you people REALLY need a refresher course in what constitutes satire.

And the Bee STILL isn't all that funny.

Appears to be, although I wouldn't be surprised based on her senate review and being a diversity hire.
No it's a serious question.... Even more impressive is the fact that she can't decide whether or not the Constitution is a man or a woman.

Kinda funny when you consider the SCOTUS has three or four who perjured themselves over Roe, a rapist, and a paid for dark skinned guy. The Roberts court is a joke but it is powerful clown show.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Kinda funny when you consider the SCOTUS has three or four who perjured themselves over Roe, a rapist, and a paid for dark skinned guy. The Roberts court is a joke but it is powerful clown show.
Kind of funny when you consider that the entirety of DC is one bought and paid for dog and pony show. There may be a handful of elected officials down there that are not on the take or somehow compromised. They however an endangered species.

Racist much?

1707569529090.png

But you are not sure

:auiqs.jpg:
Sure.................

Ketanji Brown Jackson Pauses Oral Arguments To Ask ...​

1707569764463.png
The Babylon Bee
https://babylonbee.com › news › ketanji-brown-jackso...

2 days ago — "What is this 'Constitution' of which you speak?" Jackson asked, according to official Supreme Court transcripts of the hearing. "I'm not ...

Teabaggers will believe anything, just like their dear leader.

Trump claims wind turbine 'noise causes cancer'​

1707570033369.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › administration › 437...

Apr 3, 2019 — President Trump on Tuesday stepped up his attacks against wind power, claiming that the structures decrease property values and that the ...

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Article Image

Isn't the Babylon Bee a parody site? Because Brown-Jackson knows what the constitution is.

Article Image

The Constitution is what everyone does in the morning after 3 cups of coffee.

Article Image

IN my lifetime 3 of the most clueless Justices are Brown, Kagan, Sotomayor.

Forum List

Back