What is up with all this advertising?

So is this avalanche of advertising a permanent addition, or just a temporrary thing? There are literally different ads showing up between each reply to a thread, so you have to scroll past them to see all the replies, and the thread is all chopped up and no longer even looks like a thread.

I can see squeezing in one or two of these things but to flood an entire thread with them? I sincerely hope this is not a permament addition, no one wants to scroll through all these ads when trying to view repies to a thread. Greed has sunk many an enterprise in the past.
I wondered what had happened. I have been getting flooded with Harbor Freight, machinist tools, feed store, & cylinder head advertisements by the numbers. Yeah, they take up a LOT of space between the posts. At least I now know that I am not the only board member getting flooded with these advertisements.

I wondered what had happened. I have been getting flooded with Harbor Freight, machinist tools, feed store, & cylinder head advertisements by the numbers. Yeah, they take up a LOT of space between the posts. At least I now know that I am not the only board member getting flooded with these advertisements.

When I get them, they are mostly women scantily clad and in suggestive poses.

When I get them, they are mostly women scantily clad and in suggestive poses.

Usually the ads are catered to what the individual members have been looking at in their search engines... specifically Google.

If you're seeing scantly clad women in provocative poses, then there is something in your Google search history that's triggering those results.

I was getting hemp gummy ads be cause I just ordered some hemp chews for my pups. I believe I was getting the weather girls because I recent searched for a story about a local weather forecaster.

If you're seeing scantly clad women then... it means you're a pervert.

🤣

So is this avalanche of advertising a permanent addition, or just a temporrary thing? There are literally different ads showing up between each reply to a thread, so you have to scroll past them to see all the replies, and the thread is all chopped up and no longer even looks like a thread.

I can see squeezing in one or two of these things but to flood an entire thread with them? I sincerely hope this is not a permament addition, no one wants to scroll through all these ads when trying to view repies to a thread. Greed has sunk many an enterprise in the past.
Who cares. This is an enterprise. A business needs to turn a profit. I honestly don't care

Usually the ads are catered to what the individual members have been looking at in their search engines... specifically Google.

If you're seeing scantly clad women in provocative poses, then there is something in your Google search history that's triggering those results.

I was getting hemp gummy ads be cause I just ordered some hemp chews for my pups. I believe I was getting the weather girls because I recent searched for a story about a local weather forecaster.

🤣

Well, no. I'm a 70 year old Christian woman who, if your theory was accurate, ought to be getting the ads for Harbor Freight and tools and shit. LOL!!!!!! More my speed.

I agree, the ads are a pain in the ass, and now I'm getting pop up ads that I have to actually close when I click on a link or to open a new thread, etc... If that will be the norm, then I will be leaving, I don't want to have to close ads every time I want to look at something or go into a thread.

I will never donate a dime, at the time I type this, I am seeing a banner pop up from the bottom of the screen and after I click on a post I get a full screen advetisement that I have to close before I am taken to the post.

Please do not contribute to this forum, their greed is obvious and if they want to bombard us all with ads we have to scroll thru or close to even read a posting, they are not worthy of any donations.

🤣
I'm seeing stock market stuff, Hagerty classic car insurance (OK, makes sense), Harbor Freight, a furniture store (WTF?), Temu (no idea why) political polls, and...smart landscape lighting. (Huh?)

Forum List

Back