What is the problem with allowing Gay Marriages?

Tinktink

May 25, 2009
Seems to me that biggest outcry against it is that marriage is sacred to the religion. O.K. But what does religion really have to do with it? If the country allows gays to marry, I don't see where that right would be forced upon Churches or Synoagues, or Musk (sp) to perfom the ceramony. If that were the case I would be the first to stand up and say... NO WAY.

But that isn't the case here. Is it? Gay folks want to be married in the eye of the Law. So they have the same rights as hetrosexuals do in marriage. Why is that such a bad thing. I don't understand.

The government can't force religious institutions to comply with the ceramony. So I don't understand why the religious folks are so against this, as it doesn't effect them or their place of worship at all.

Do we not live in a country that seperates Church from state?

Can someone explain it to me?

Nothing.

The problem is the state injecting itself into the equation with the issuance of marriage licenses.

Abolish statutory marriages altogether and return the institution to common law, and the problem pretty much dries up and blows away.

solution suggested by Dude is interesting however I see that there is a problem with gay marriages

I am an atheist but I am against that - not because marriage is sacred, marriage is only some sort of microsocial formation and isn't sacred at all - because it is indecorous and sick, and the normal society should protect itself against sicknesses; for that reason gay marriages shouldn't be legalized

Last edited:
ST34 (is that the clinical term for anal warts?), I think that believing in an invisible superbeing, a.k.a. god, is sick and you should all be protected from yourselves.

That said, I think that the homophobic crowd is maybe not so full of hate and they're just trying to spare gays from the torture called marriage. So they're like good samaritans.

I think it is the honeymoon suites that people are worried about. Who's gotta clean those sheets?

Seems to me that biggest outcry against it is that marriage is sacred to the religion. O.K. But what does religion really have to do with it? If the country allows gays to marry, I don't see where that right would be forced upon Churches or Synoagues, or Musk (sp) to perfom the ceramony. If that were the case I would be the first to stand up and say... NO WAY.

But that isn't the case here. Is it? Gay folks want to be married in the eye of the Law. So they have the same rights as hetrosexuals do in marriage. Why is that such a bad thing. I don't understand.

The government can't force religious institutions to comply with the ceramony. So I don't understand why the religious folks are so against this, as it doesn't effect them or their place of worship at all.

Do we not live in a country that seperates Church from state?

Can someone explain it to me?

How about the fact the US military and the Federal Government do NOT recognize gay marriage and pay no benefits for it? There is absolutely no reason the US military should suddenly have to accept openly gay people intent on grand standing and politizing an issue. They do not do it for any other group.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions and I think the US Government should cease being in the marriage business at all. Have the Government issue licenses for civil unions. To everyone.

I think it is the honeymoon suites that people are worried about. Who's gotta clean those sheets?

Had a buddy who got married and got so drunk, he shit in the bed that night. So the next day, he says: it's a good thing we weren't in an arab country (where they make you hang the bloodied sheet out the window to show she was a virgin), because they woulda thought that I fucked her in the ass!

ST34 (is that the clinical term for anal warts?), I think that believing in an invisible superbeing, a.k.a. god, is sick and you should all be protected from yourselves.

That said, I think that the homophobic crowd is maybe not so full of hate and they're just trying to spare gays from the torture called marriage. So they're like good samaritans.

what about gay people that believe a civil union is just fine and marriage should be between a man and a women only.....

what about gay people that believe a civil union is just fine and marriage should be between a man and a women only.....

I believe in freedom of choice, if that's what they want, then fine by me.

ST34, I think that believing in an invisible superbeing, a.k.a. god, is sick and you should all be protected from yourselves.

firstly, I don't believe in god
secondly, I don't need any god to know, for example that killing the friend on the street without any reason is bad thing - in other cases in the same way (ethics doesn't need god, and it is even injurious for this domain, like shows example of fanatics of allah)

manu1959 said:
what about gay people that believe a civil union is just fine and marriage should be between a man and a women only

they should undergo treatment

Last edited:

I believe in freedom of choice, if that's what they want, then fine by me.

not quite what you posted prior......as for me....feel free to marry yourbathtub toy for all i care....

Wow...i just joined this board, and there sure are alot of atheists here! That's fine....but, what are you going to think when you find out you're wrong? I'd rather believe in God, then find out i'm wrong then to not believe in God and find out i'm wrong. I'm sure i'm not wrong tho...like you're sure your not wrong.
if people want to have civil unions...that's up to them. But to actually "Marry" eachother as husband and wife (or husband and husband or wife and wife..not sure how that works!), then someday they'll see what God actually thinks of that.....God Bless!

Wow...i just joined this board, and there sure are alot of atheists here! That's fine....but, what are you going to think when you find out you're wrong? I'd rather believe in God, then find out i'm wrong then to not believe in God and find out i'm wrong. I'm sure i'm not wrong tho...like you're sure your not wrong.
if people want to have civil unions...that's up to them. But to actually "Marry" eachother as husband and wife (or husband and husband or wife and wife..not sure how that works!), then someday they'll see what God actually thinks of that.....God Bless!
Logical fallacy called Pascal's Wager. Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lemmie guess, you believe in anthropogenic global warming, too??

Caroljo said:
Wow...i just joined this board, and there sure are alot of atheists here! That's fine....but
read this, blockhead -

Ok. So what?
And i take it that it makes you feel you're better than anyone else when you label people "blockhead"?? If it does than that's fine...call me whatever you want.
But God made "Adam and Eve"...Not Adam and Joe or Eve and Annie. If you don't believe in God...you are an atheist. What's wrong with me believing in God? What's it to you? Why do you put someone down because they think differently than you? If everyone thought the same way it really would be a boring world!

Marriage is already a joke, thanks to those who can get married. It's a farce and it's wrong in so many ways. Marriages tend to ruin families, so no, gay people shouldn't be allowed to fuck up their lives the way straight people already do, no one should.

What is the problem with allowing Gay Marriages?

What is the problem with allowing marriage to remain as was originally intended, between a man and a woman?

I think most people who have a problem with gay marriage project their disgust of the sexual act onto themselves, and find reasons to rationalize their internalized revulsion to oppose expanding rights for homosexuals.

Forum List

Back