What is the problem with allowing Gay Marriages?

Nothing.

The problem is the state injecting itself into the equation with the issuance of marriage licenses.

Abolish statutory marriages altogether and return the institution to common law, and the problem pretty much dries up and blows away.

I like your comment and thoughts on this.

Sodomites are mentally ill

To allow them to marry is accepting their sickness as normal.

Homos should be rounded up and put in institutions for treatment.

I don't believe it to be a sickness, I truly believe they were born that way.

I noticed you called them sodomites, so you must be talking from a religious aspect, if you are... isn't God the creator? Didn't God create them as much as he did you? Are they Gods children? And if they are committing acts against God, shouldn't that judgement that they are be made by God and not mankind?

Seems to me that biggest outcry against it is that marriage is sacred to the religion. O.K. But what does religion really have to do with it? If the country allows gays to marry, I don't see where that right would be forced upon Churches or Synoagues, or Musk (sp) to perfom the ceramony. If that were the case I would be the first to stand up and say... NO WAY.

But that isn't the case here. Is it? Gay folks want to be married in the eye of the Law. So they have the same rights as hetrosexuals do in marriage. Why is that such a bad thing. I don't understand.

The government can't force religious institutions to comply with the ceramony. So I don't understand why the religious folks are so against this, as it doesn't effect them or their place of worship at all.

Do we not live in a country that seperates Church from state?

Can someone explain it to me?

How about the fact the US military and the Federal Government do NOT recognize gay marriage and pay no benefits for it? There is absolutely no reason the US military should suddenly have to accept openly gay people intent on grand standing and politizing an issue. They do not do it for any other group.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions and I think the US Government should cease being in the marriage business at all. Have the Government issue licenses for civil unions. To everyone.
Dick Cheney disagrees with you. He approves of gay marriage.

Seems to me that biggest outcry against it is that marriage is sacred to the religion. O.K. But what does religion really have to do with it? If the country allows gays to marry, I don't see where that right would be forced upon Churches or Synoagues, or Musk (sp) to perfom the ceramony. If that were the case I would be the first to stand up and say... NO WAY.

But that isn't the case here. Is it? Gay folks want to be married in the eye of the Law. So they have the same rights as hetrosexuals do in marriage. Why is that such a bad thing. I don't understand.

The government can't force religious institutions to comply with the ceramony. So I don't understand why the religious folks are so against this, as it doesn't effect them or their place of worship at all.

How about the fact the US military and the Federal Government do NOT recognize gay marriage and pay no benefits for it? There is absolutely no reason the US military should suddenly have to accept openly gay people intent on grand standing and politizing an issue. They do not do it for any other group.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions and I think the US Government should cease being in the marriage business at all. Have the Government issue licenses for civil unions. To everyone.
Dick Cheney disagrees with you. He approves of gay marriage.

He wouldn't have if his daughter was one.

If equal coverage under law is all that is sought what's wrong with calling it a civil union? :)

I noticed you called them sodomites, so you must be talking from a religious aspect, if you are... isn't God the creator? Didn't God create them as much as he did you? Are they Gods children? And if they are committing acts against God, shouldn't that judgement that they are be made by God and not mankind?

The problem is that if God created them that way and it's ok then you have to justify ALL behaviors under the same principle. Are you ready to let pedophiles do as they please because God created them that way? How about murders? How about every behavior we have a law against? Are they ALL justifiable because God created them that way?

The problem is that if God created them that way and it's ok then you have to justify ALL behaviors under the same principle. Are you ready to let pedophiles do as they please because God created them that way? How about murders? How about every behavior we have a law against? Are they ALL justifiable because God created them that way?

The flaw with using religion to justify actions ... the bigger flaw is that the religions are designed to do just that.

The flaw with using religion to justify actions ... the bigger flaw is that the religions are designed to do just that.

What does that mean?

Married straight people are hypocrites, it's supposed to be "until death do you part", and your churches are full of divorced people who screw up their families and their kids.

Actually - i don't believe they were born that way, the God created them that way. There was a new report that came out recently where scientists have been studying this. They reported that they found NO GENE that would attribute to people being born gay. That means...it happened later in their life that they CHOSE this lifestyle. If they were born this way, then many of the gay people would have a common gene pointing to this. So sorry...don't tell me God made them this way.

Actually - i don't believe they were born that way, the God created them that way. There was a new report that came out recently where scientists have been studying this. They reported that they found NO GENE that would attribute to people being born gay. That means...it happened later in their life that they CHOSE this lifestyle. If they were born this way, then many of the gay people would have a common gene pointing to this. So sorry...don't tell me God made them this way.

It's not my argument, so you can refocus your rebuttal at the Libs.

No, I don't think God created people gay either. I think it's a lifestyle choice. Civil unions would be ok. Marriage is for males and females.

I posed that question to my boyfriend, a rather intense Christian, and his answer was one that made me rethink my position on gay marriage.

Personally I have been all for changing the legal deffinitions so that ALL unions are civil unions, whether you are gay or straight you get the same legal rights, but that they leave the title of marriage to the different religious sects to decide.

My boyfriend is a strong believer in the idea that homosexuality is a sign of true decay in our society. When I asked him what would really be so wrong with it and brought up the same question you pose here his response was that the seperation is a myth at this point.

Ok.. picture this. A gay couple goes into their local church and tells the pastor they would like to be wed. The pastor informs them that the church does not believe in gay marriage and will refuse the ceremony. With the way that hate crime laws are written in this country that refusal could end the pastor in jail.

I know that someone is going to flame without further reading but I will continue anyways..

Right now if a pastor states in a sermon that homosexuality is wrong and any member of his congrigation lashes out at a gay person, that pastor is able to also be brought up on charges. It wouldn't take long for the homosexual community to bring up civil suit after civil suit and break down the law to the point that churches wouldn't have a choice. It would be discrimination otherwise and that is a bigger crime in this country than the rape and murder of any human being.

The fear that he has is that his religion, his beliefs are going to be pushed into a corner where they will have no choice but to accept something he feels in his heart to be wrong. Asking him, or any with a faith like his, to accept marriage in their church would be like telling a gay couple they need to accept they can never be joined in any sort of union and must live in the dark and forbiden corners of the tabu, never to love in the light.

There HAS to be a middle ground and extremists on both sides will not allow that to happen. Some gays will fight tooth and nail to be married in a church and some of the faithful will fight tooth and nail to not allow it to happen. Either way no one will end up satisfied on this topic.

Broke, a real sign of decay in our society is you and your bf having sex outside of marriage.
Another sign would be all the divorces in our society, which probably outnumber gay marriages by a factor of 10,000 to 1. Since most gays don't have any children, is it gays or straight people who break up their families that are far worse on society?

PS your bf is homophobic.

Hi Tink:

What is the problem with allowing Gay Marriages?

Seems to me that biggest outcry against it is that marriage is sacred to the religion.

Not hardly!!!! Those of you on the wrong side of this debate are being destroyed and for a myriad of VERY GOOD REASONS. Gay Marriage (sick) is an abomination to YOUR CREATOR and “those who practice such things are WORTHY . . . OF . . . DEATH.” Romans 1:32. The USA is currently divided over this issue, because this once-great country is ‘also’ WORTHY . . . OF . . . DEATH and ‘many’ (Matt. 7:13-14) are on the wide-and-paved road to utter destruction.

O.K. But what does religion really have to do with it? If the country allows gays to marry, I don't see where that right would be forced upon Churches or Synoagues, or Musk (sp) to perform the ceremony.

Since Tink cannot see the differences between ‘right’ (man + woman = holy union) and dead wrong (man + man = abomination), then this constant theme about ‘allowing gay marriage’ keeps raising its ugly head amid your confusion. Since you are obviously LOST and have no clue at all, then allow me to draw you a map:

Man was created in the ‘triune’ image of God (Gen. 1:26-28) who communicates with men through His Three Witnesses from Revelation 1:8 (pic). God’s Three Witnesses are ‘God To Come’ (spirit witness = Lion), ‘God Who Is’ (blood witness = Eagle) and ‘God Who Was’ (water witness/helper = Bull) for which the “Son of God” (Christ = F+S+HS = pic) has the same triune image (Col. 1:15) of the Invisible God. This Adamic Creation was formed in the same exact triune image (pic) like man himself has a spirit (spirit witness), soul (blood witness) and physical body/helper (water witness = pic). The Tabernacle of Moses and the Temple (pic) also have the same exact ‘triune’ image of God, His Word, This Creation, Man himself and all the mystery sets you see in these two charts (here and here).

This ‘triune’ image just happens to be the very same pattern of the “Human Family” (diagram) that “Gay Marriage” (sick) seeks to corrupt and destroy by its very existence in this universe. Trying to join ‘two spirit witnesses together’ is an ABOMINATION to God, His Word, This Creation and every particle of matter groaning in anticipation of putting on the glory of the children of God (Rom. 8:21). Joining two spirit witnesses (like the Father, the heavens, men, etc.) ‘or’ two water witnesses (like the Holy Spirit, the earth, woman, etc.) together equals DEATH 100 percent of the time from the perspective of YOUR CREATOR. Period!!!! The reason we see this abomination cropping up among many depraved souls is because ‘you are gods’ (Ps. 82:6, Jn 10:34) and you have already been condemned by God in His Infinite Realm (far left) where your ‘foolish heart was darkened’ (Rom. 1:21*) in the first place. You have already ‘exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures' (Rom. 1:23*), so that God Himself turned you over in the lusts of your hearts to impurity, so that your bodies would be dishonored among you. Romans 1:24*. You would join together what God Himself has put asunder, because all of these things have been done before (Ecc. 1:9-11) and these ‘desolations are determined’ (Dan. 9:26). I say, "Bring all the abominable homosexuals out of the closet, so you can parade your ‘indecent acts’ (Rom. 1:27*) before God, His Living Word, our children and grandchildren, and the assembly of God’s Mighty Angels, because God’s wrath and condemnation shall be upon you forever and ever and ever in the ‘lake of fire’ (Rev. 21:8) where all of you belong."

If that were the case I would be the first to stand up and say... NO WAY.

No! No! and NOOOO!!! A true homosexual has NEVER BEEN BORN (my topic). What you have is heterosexual males and females ‘choosing’ to change their ‘sexual orientation’ AND trying to gain ‘special rights’ granted to NOBODY by our Creator!!! All of these professing ‘gay folks’ have exactly one heterosexual father and exactly one heterosexual mother like their father and mother and theirs, so on and so forth from the very beginning. The fact that these depraved souls want to commit indecent acts with those of the ‘same sex’ has NOTHING to do with marriage and NOTHING to do with procreation, and NOTHING to do with the Lord our God. Period. The next thing we know, then people want to marry their dogs, cats and monkeys . . .

The fact that Tink has no understanding of our Creator, or His Living Word, or this Creation is a completely different topic from God-fearing Christians signing up to give homosexuals the right to marry members of the same sex!! Let me make this simple: "Those who practice such things are WORTHY OF DEATH" (Rom. 1:32) and those among you siding with these Abominations against the Creator are worthy of the same death. Period.

You live in a godless country doing everything to separate itself from THE CREATOR in the same way you carried on this way in God’s Infinite Realm ‘and’ in the battle between Michael the Archangel and the your father the Dragon in Heaven (Rev. 12:7-9 = diagram). Again, there are no homosexuals in the coming Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven, because the “Every morning I will destroy all the wicked from the land, So as to cut off from the city of the Lord all who do iniquity.” Ps. 101:8.

Yes, and using diagrams, but you will continue down the same wide road (Matt. 7:13-14) no matter what anyone says . . . being ‘judged already’ (John 3:18).

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Terral, a) star wars is for weenies. and b) you're a moral communist. c) you're a homophobe. d) you can now go back to eating your big macs.

Forum List

Back