What Is It About Women's Breasts?

You do have a point.

In the jungle, where the women don't wear tops, they may not be considered sexually entiting body parts.

But then again, breasts hanging down to below the belly button, with nipples tied in knots and tucked into the loin cloth strap doesn't sound to exciting to me.

Well... sarcasm from the usual suspects, but no REAL answers.... "when did womens breasts become SEXUAL objects, and why?"

I get why GENITALS are sexual and to be covered, but breasts? Since when? So women have some milk making apparatus in their breasts which make them larger than mens, but we both have nipples. So why are women required to cover their nipples, mainly, and men aren't? What's the difference between a woman's nipple and a mans?

since whenever men decided that female breasts turned them on.
So, you'd like us to believe that men made women start covering up their tops because they thought tits turned them on? When was that?

well, i suppose when eve and adam ate the forbidden fruit, it's when they put fig leaves on to cover themselves? Who knows what drove sex before they had knowledge of good and evil??? ;)

honestly though...i think my original answer is closer than you think... in rural africa women are topless and you don't see the half naked men running around with boners due to it....this speaks volumes, that it is all in the eyes of the beholder...what HE has made of it in his own little perverted mind!!! hahahaha!

I'm going to attempt to explain this...A long time ago... a very long time ago, the human animal sexual act was performed much as it was by the other animals, commonly referred to as "doggy style" nowadays. The main sexual attraction therefore, was the buttock. The more visually attractive, the more apt the female was to attract a mate.
As time passed the human animal began the face to face sexual act. The buttock became less and less the main attraction.
If you notice, the breast cleavage mimics the view of a female walking away from you.
It's a throw-back of a time when the buttock was the main form of sexual attraction.

Oh you're going to have to link to that story...
rolleye0014.gif

Hey man, We all have our favorite generic turn on's, and each has individual characteristics that vary in ability to attract the opposite sex. But, Breasts, Eyes, Bone Structure, What have you. You are obviously a butt man. I like to look towards what ever the strongest point of attraction that I'm drawn to.

I will say in all honesty, that I have never in my life related butts to breasts, and am unclear of whether I should thank you or not for that perspective. In fairness, I need Time, much time to contemplate the matter.

hahahahahahahahaha! :lol::lol:

I'm going to attempt to explain this...A long time ago... a very long time ago, the human animal sexual act was performed much as it was by the other animals, commonly referred to as "doggy style" nowadays. The main sexual attraction therefore, was the buttock. The more visually attractive, the more apt the female was to attract a mate.
As time passed the human animal began the face to face sexual act. The buttock became less and less the main attraction.
If you notice, the breast cleavage mimics the view of a female walking away from you.
It's a throw-back of a time when the buttock was the main form of sexual attraction.

rolleye0014.gif
It came from The History of Sex on one of the cable channels. It makes sense to me considering that it wasn't until the recent past that breasts became an object of sexual attraction.

rolleye0014.gif

Hey man, We all have our favorite generic turn on's, and each has individual characteristics that vary in ability to attract the opposite sex. But, Breasts, Eyes, Bone Structure, What have you. You are obviously a butt man. I like to look towards what ever the strongest point of attraction that I'm drawn to.

I will say in all honesty, that I have never in my life related butts to breasts, and am unclear of whether I should thank you or not for that perspective. In fairness, I need Time, much time to contemplate the matter.
A butt man? Guilty as charged.

So, you'd like us to believe that men made women start covering up their tops because they thought tits turned them on? When was that?

well, i suppose when eve and adam ate the forbidden fruit, it's when they put fig leaves on to cover themselves? Who knows what drove sex before they had knowledge of good and evil??? ;)

honestly though...i think my original answer is closer than you think... in rural africa women are topless and you don't see the half naked men running around with boners due to it....this speaks volumes, that it is all in the eyes of the beholder...what HE has made of it in his own little perverted mind!!! hahahaha!

It's in the quality of merchandise, and unfortanitally youth.

Well... sarcasm from the usual suspects, but no REAL answers.... "when did womens breasts become SEXUAL objects, and why?"

I get why GENITALS are sexual and to be covered, but breasts? Since when? So women have some milk making apparatus in their breasts which make them larger than mens, but we both have nipples. So why are women required to cover their nipples, mainly, and men aren't? What's the difference between a woman's nipple and a mans?

And also, I'm thinking, when the first humans tweeked a womans nipple and she felt a flutter and some butter down below.

;D

Pale: they are more than just milk production mechanisms. They are also highly sensitive erogenous zones.

no denying there, which jillian made mention to earlier....but i wonder, do those naked women in rural africa get the same turn on...is some of it mental as well??? i don't deny part of it, is not just mental either...

care

Honestly, I think it came from the first over the shoulder boulder holder. As soon as women started propping them up which covered them up and men no longer saw them, then as you say, "in his own little perverted mind," he figured that they were being covered up because it was something that WASN'T supposed to be exposed, and thus came the titillating sexual relation to breasts. If it was all wiped out today, and women were allowed to walk around topless just as men whenever, where ever they wanted, I contend that inside of ten years no one would give a rats behind whether they saw womens jugs or not. Hooters would go out of business... :lol:

Last edited:
And also, I'm thinking, when the first humans tweeked a womans nipple and she felt a flutter and some butter down below.

;D

Pale: they are more than just milk production mechanisms. They are also highly sensitive erogenous zones.

no denying there, which jillian made mention to earlier....but i wonder, do those naked women in rural africa get the same turn on...is some of it mental as well??? i don't deny part of it, is not just mental either...

care

Exactly... so then are we to believe that when women breast feed they get turned on?

I mean if all they really are is two sacks of fat and milk producing equipment, and their only real function is to feed babies, then when and where did all this SEXUAL baggage get assigned to them? Who was the genius that decided that it was immoral or unsavory for women to show their breasts because they're SEXUAL toys? Honestly, I don't get it.

Come on, PR, if guys didn't act like dodos about them, we would all be in trouble. 'Sides, we are mostly visually and physically activated with very little brain power involved.

Women are wonderful! They are soft, sympathetic, sweet smelling. They are also a heckuva lot smarter than the guys.

I mean if all they really are is two sacks of fat and milk producing equipment, and their only real function is to feed babies, then when and where did all this SEXUAL baggage get assigned to them? Who was the genius that decided that it was immoral or unsavory for women to show their breasts because they're SEXUAL toys? Honestly, I don't get it.

Come on, PR, if guys didn't act like dodos about them, we would all be in trouble. 'Sides, we are mostly visually and physically activated with very little brain power involved.

Women are wonderful! They are soft, sympathetic, sweet smelling. They are also a heckuva lot smarter than the guys.

Oh for crying out loud... what kind of sexist, man bashing, bull crap is that? ... :doubt:

BREASTS are NOT GENITALIA.

Here's an essay someone wrote on teh subject...if this helps.

The Female Breast In History

The Female Breast and the History of Western Civilization Throughout the ages, the female body has been revered as a work of art and beauty and as a source of life, from which all people are born. The breast is one of the most predominate features of a woman and stands out as a symbol of womanliness and livelihood. Eroticism, nourishment, abundance, hunger, feminine power, as well as feminine subservience, are different contradicting themes of the breast played out in time. Different repeating views of its importance and the way it should be displayed are used to reflect upon the views of women of the time and life in Western society in general. At times, it is near-worshipped as a sign of sexuality, or as a sign of nourishment.

Other times it is secured down, sometimes a sign of the inferiority of women or, conversely, as a sign of women's liberation and their equality to men. Whether it is intentional or subconscious, how the breast is viewed throughout history is a direct reflection of the views of the time.

Legends about the breast have appeared in a variety of cultures. Greek, Indian, and Native American myth all contain stories which involve biting a breast. For example, Hercules was said to have gotten his extra-human strength from biting the breast of Hera as an infant. This and other such stories can be symbolic of an attack on Mother Nature or the earth goddess, and of man's ability to overcome her (Latteier 146).

Women with multiple sets of breasts are a reoccurring theme in Western society, symbolizing fruitfulness. The Greek goddess Artenis of Ephesus had nearly twenty breasts on her chest. Medieval Christian stories often involve the breasts and breast milk of the Virgin Mary.
Next to the blood of Jesus Christ, her milk was the most holy and most miraculous of fluids, its wonders retold in numerous poems, stories, and songs (Yalom 44). She was said to have appeared to Saint Barnard when he was praying and offered him a stream of her breast milk to drink from (46).

A fourth century prostitute was said to have been spared the death penalty by baring her breasts to the judges, who were so impressed by their beauty that they acquitted her (20).

Minoan society on the island of Crete honored the breast
. Women's clothing was designed to let the breasts show through. Women were placed in high social positions and power. Their breasts stood for material wealth, political power, and sacredness.

The Minoans are given credit as the first people to use a corset. They wore bodices that laced below the bust, lifting and exposing the breasts (Winston). Priestesses known as snake goddesses were notorious for large breasts and snakes that coiled around their arm, both symbols of their power, potency mixed with sustenance (Yalom 15).

Classic Greek society praised masculinity and repressed femininity. Women were encouraged to stay at home and they few little rights. Only the Hetaerae, a special upper class of women, were able to participate in social activities of men. The apodemos, a linen article worn by the Hetaerae, was considered to be the first brassiere (Silverman). It, however, usually flattened the breasts instead of accentuating them, reflecting the anti-feminine views of the time. With the rise of Christianity, the breasts and the flesh in general were discouraged from being exposed. The stomach was considered to be more of an important center of female sexuality, with rounded bellies being more attractive (Broby-Johansen 131). This was modeled after the Virgin Mary whose round belly contained the savior (Yalom 40).

It wasn't until the fourteenth century and the Renaissance that this began to change. Explosive creativity and art occurred despite great famine and disease. As people became more frivolous, clothing became more revealing, and the neckline lowered to show cleavage (Latteire 31). In the seventeenth century, the breasts once again became the predominate center of female attractiveness over the belly. It was fruitful like the stomach, but more sensual. It stood as a symbol of power and wealth at a time when mercantilism was on the rise in Europe (Latteire 32).

The corset, which was previously used to flatten the breasts, was used to push in the stomach and push out the breasts (Winston). Louis XIV of France's personal taste was a factor in this, as he demanded lower necklines for all the court women. He considered it a sign of respect to him and to the Deity (Latteire 33).

After the French Revolution, there was about a decade of naturalism. Romanticism rejected fashions and norms of the former aristocracy, such as the use of the powdered wig, which was banned. Independence and freedom of expression were key and an outpour of emotional awakening occurred. The breasts were popular as symbols of emotion and naturalism. Breast-feeding regained popularity. In fact, the French government demanded that women who wanted government support must nurse their babies (Yalom 113). It was regarded as a civic duty that embraced the new government and rejected the old regime. In some circles, women's clothing was nearly transparent with the breasts showing through.

Many women stopped wearing the corset and chose a more natural look (Broby-Johansen 142). In time, this Romanticism calmed down, and so did clothing and the corset returned to the scene. In 1839, Jean Wearly patented a machine for making corsets and set up a factory in France (Winston). Until this time, corsets were a luxury for the upper classes.

(it goes on ...)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

;D

care

Exactly... so then are we to believe that when women breast feed they get turned on?
No.

A few do.

Most do not.

Oh for crying out loud... what kind of sexist, man bashing, bull crap is that? ... :doubt:

BREASTS are NOT GENITALIA.

PR, I can't help it if you don't have a clue about men. We are never going to think like you, and we never intended to think like you. We like it that way, and that is the way it will be. So ride the train or get off, but the train won't be stopping for your road block.:lol:

What's the deal with any sexually arousing body part?

Tits are for feeding babies
Ass is for shitting and for providing padding when sitting on hard surfaces
Legs are for walking
Lips are for keeping bugs out of the teeth
Abdomen is for keeping the guts from spilling out onto the floor
Vagina is for menstruation and birthing babies

I suppose we could be like animals and go into heat once a month and just fuck any hole that is moist.

Forum List

Back