What is it about the anti-gun crowd?

The only people I see cling to any 'Wild West' mythology is the anti-gun crowd.

i concur with this statement....i know lots of guys with Guns....some would be considered "Gun Nuts".....but they dont talk like they are Gunfighters from the old west....

Given the twisted logic die-hard gun supporters use, guns are the solution for the problems they cause. There is no way to argue with that kind of circular reasoning. It can be amusing to read the many different ways people can find to avoid the obvious solution.
LOL! I never thought of it that way.

my best wishes to you. sadly a gun control won´t be a guarantee for no more gun abuse. we have very strict gun laws here but we also had our school massacres.

because....if someone wants a gun bad enough....they will get one....something many Anti-Gunners dont seem to grasp....

It was once against the LAW to aid an escaped slave in his attempts to avoid recapture

Would you turn in an escaped slave?

You want me to attempt to transport the sum total of my 20/21st century upbringing, and all that entails, back to the 19th century, and

reconfigure it to a 19th century cultural/social upbringing? Wouldn't it depend quite a bit on where and how I was brought up?

Stop evading and answer the question

Would you turn in your neighbor if Congress passed a law requiring his entire race be killed?

Not until you state your point.

is it wrong to not own a gun?

Of course not. WTF????? See, you libs gotta understand, if we don't agre with you, we don't DEMAND that you COMPLY with our stance. Own a gun, don't own a gun... I really don't care.

Unless it's abortion or gay marriage....

*edit - damn I'm too slow , lol

once again.....thats mostly the Christian Right.....or real staunch Conservatives....you guys have got to stop listening to Dean....

You want me to attempt to transport the sum total of my 20/21st century upbringing, and all that entails, back to the 19th century, and

reconfigure it to a 19th century cultural/social upbringing? Wouldn't it depend quite a bit on where and how I was brought up?

Stop evading and answer the question

Would you turn in your neighbor if Congress passed a law requiring his entire race be killed?

Not until you state your point.
Your refusal to answer leaves us no option but to conclude that you'd hand your daughter over to a violent rapist in the name of the glorious State and its Law.

Is that a yes or a no?

Would you turn your daughter into a corrupt police force which hired only serial rapists and murderers if the Law said everyone with her hair colour was to be turned in for elimination?

Answer the question: are you bound to the Law? Would you turn your 3-year-old child in to be raped and killed for having the wrong hair colour?

Or are you bound to something other than the Law?

Ok, so what you mean is that everyone is free to break the law if they want to.

And your point is?

Answer the question

Would you turn your 3-year-old daughter over to a violent rapist?

Would you execute a woman you knew to have had an abortion, because you believe abortion is murder?

Just remember that the law can be wrong.

Think: slavery

Think: killing mormons

Whenever people appeal to the Law, I fear the day Virginia returns to the 20's or the law says we must turn in the Jews again.

Men are bound to the Law only insomuch as the Law is good and right and just.

It is to what is right and just, not to the Law, that men are bound.

Think abortion. It was once against the LAW to have an abortion.
It was once against the LAW to aid an escaped slave in his attempts to avoid recapture

There is no legal slavery now. What kind of question is that?

Does everyone agree that convicted felons should never be able to own a gun...ever?

Think abortion. It was once against the LAW to have an abortion.

I'll take that as a 'Yes, I'd turn the ****** in. Praise the Glorious State, as it is my god. The Law of the State is my conscience, for independent thought is hard and principles get in the way of obedience.'

I'll take that as a 'Yes, I'd turn the ****** in. Praise the Glorious State, as it is my god. The Law of the State is my conscience, for independent thought is hard and principles get in the way of obedience.'

Lemme guess.

You just re-read Huckleberry Finn..right?:lol:

Forum List

Back