What is it about the anti-gun crowd?

Several of my friends were killed by guns.

That's all I need to know.

Jack.

No, they were killed by killers.

What if I killed them with a letter opener? Should those be banned? What about piano wire? What if I'd bashed their brains in with rocks- should we ban the planet?

:cuckoo:

Many people have been saved by police with guns.

Thnk how many lives could be saved if we banned automobiles?
Maybe we should just ban people?

They seem to be the common denominator in all this.

Several of my friends were killed by guns.

That's all I need to know.

Jack.

What if I killed them with a letter opener? Should those be banned? What about piano wire? What if I'd bashed their brains in with rocks- should we ban the planet?

Or by drunk driving.. Should we ban Alcohol too? We know how well that worked.. :eusa_shhh:

Should we all just sit in our homes and do nothing? What happens if my house catches on fire? Should we ban houses too?

And to the rest of your nonsense, I don't believe in abortion, but abortion is legal, so that's the end of it.

Really? The law is the end of it?

Are you serious?

You really want to make that argument?

I believe it to be wrong, but I also believe there are certain, very limited instances when it is ok. Abortion on demand? I don't think that should be. But for now it is... I will respect the law.

I know, it's sad.. fucking humans.

Should we all just sit in our homes and do nothing? What happens if my house catches on fire? Should we ban houses too?
Don't be absurd. We must ban fire! All thermal energy, all excited electrons, are to be banned.

But.. then the cold would kill us all :doubt:

I get it! We must ban death!

Someone tell the grim reaper his visa is expired. I'll call ICE.

And to the rest of your nonsense, I don't believe in abortion, but abortion is legal, so that's the end of it.

Are you serious?

I believe it to be wrong, but I also believe there are certain, very limited instances when it is ok. Abortion on demand? I don't think that should be. But for now it is... I will respect the law.

Just remember that the law can be wrong.

Think: slavery

Think: killing mormons

Whenever people appeal to the Law, I fear the day Virginia returns to the 20's or the law says we must turn in the Jews again.

Men are bound to the Law only insomuch as the Law is good and right and just.

It is to what is right and just, not to the Law, that men are bound.

Whenever people like Olberman say shit like 'How someone this disturbed got... the right to have [a gun] concealed', I always wonder one thing: Do these idiots really think criminals didn't conceal their weapons before the law changed?

I always thought that criminals didn't obey the law in the first place- I mean, isn't that what makes them criminals?

Olberman probably has armed guard protection but he is an elitist who thinks he deserves it because he makes a lot of money. Teddy Kennedy was notoriously anti-gun but one of his hired bodyguards was once arrested for carrying a concealed fully automatic weapon into the senate building. Many of the anti=gun crowd want the protection of a weapon so they hire a $25 per hour civilian who took a class in gun safety. They don't see any hypocracy in not wanting the rest of us to enjoy the same protection. A lot of anti-gun men hate the alleged lifestyle of other men who legally posess firearms. Some of the hatred is based on political affiliation and some is based on metrosexualism.

Are you serious?

Whenever people appeal to the Law, I fear the day Virginia returns to the 20's or the law says we must turn in the Jews again.

Ah, another thread where Buttemia pretends to be a libertarian but shows himself as an authoritarian.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Whenever people like Olberman say shit like 'How someone this disturbed got... the right to have [a gun] concealed', I always wonder one thing: Do these idiots really think criminals didn't conceal their weapons before the law changed?

I always thought that criminals didn't obey the law in the first place- I mean, isn't that what makes them criminals?

Laws aren't meant to prevent all crime; they are meant to prevent some crime. The right of individuals to bear arms is settled law now; that doesn't mean that reasonable restrictions can't be considered.

Are you serious?

If you don't think you're bound to the Law, try breaking one.

Ah, another thread where Buttemia pretends to be a libertarian but shows himself as an authoritarian.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

What ever are you babbling about?

Laws aren't meant to prevent all crime; they are meant to prevent some crime. The right of individuals to bear arms is settled law now; that doesn't mean that reasonable restrictions can't be considered.

I tend to agree... believe it or not. There has to be a reasnable way to make sure that only responsible, law abiding, mentally stable people own guns. I guess it's tricky.

If you don't think you're bound to the Law, try breaking one.

That's like saying you're bound to a rapist's will because he might shoot you if you refuse.

Bound to and subject[ed] to are not the same thing.

But I'm not surprised the idea of principles and morals is lost on you. It's not the first time you've shown yourself to be a Statist.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ4A2MflNL8[/ame]

Forum List

Back