What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

I agree with the Pascal's Wager idea. Having said that, why can't we Christians abaondon the fundamentalist stuff? ya know, stuff that makes Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Jeremiah wright say we deserved 9/11?

Wright says God Damn the America that enslaved black people and God damn America for what it did to indians. Do you disagree? I think it is funny that Christians believe that none of the people who owned/abused/raped slaves are going to hell for that. I bet a lot of you would own your own slaves if it were legal.

Or its funny that people don't think Bush is going to hell for lying us into war for $. So much suffering and death. I love how religious people can seperate church and state when it comes to murdering for $/oil.

All they have to do is :eusa_pray: and apologize? What a joke for a religion.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

once we die

I think it should be illegal as in felony fraud for christians to prefface anything with those words.

And you know how they worry/fear armageddon/apocolypse/end of days?

How silly is that? You know when the end of days are? The day you die. I don't care if I go alone or take everyone else with me.

So why do people worry about the end of days? That's like stressing over the day you will die. God religion is such a fantasy.

I agree with the Pascal's Wager idea. Having said that, why can't we Christians abaondon the fundamentalist stuff? ya know, stuff that makes Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Jeremiah wright say we deserved 9/11?

Wright says God Damn the America that enslaved black people and God damn America for what it did to indians. Do you disagree? I think it is funny that Christians believe that none of the people who owned/abused/raped slaves are going to hell for that. I bet a lot of you would own your own slaves if it were legal.

Or its funny that people don't think Bush is going to hell for lying us into war for $. So much suffering and death. I love how religious people can seperate church and state when it comes to murdering for $/oil.

Get back to work you lazy free-loading piece of shit.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

It doesn't matter. IMO, as long as they live a good, just life, God will give them a chance at the afterlife, just like us. He is a loveing God, as taught by Jesus, after all.

One has to wonder about the ones that push their athiesm though, and want to burn down Churches with Christians inside them. When the time comes, will God forgive them? Probably, but I'm kind of hoping there is a purgetory where we all get to pay for our sins. Yeah, I know, I'm kind of working on that.

I love how religious people can seperate church and state when it comes to murdering for $/oil.

That's a freaky kinda love.

I love how religious people can seperate church and state when it comes to murdering for $/oil.

I am thinking you need the same advice Elvis gave to BooHoo.

I'll score that a big "NO".

:razz: Actually I just liked your response. Nothing to do with credibility or lack thereof on the author. It's just another take with good reasoning. It doesn't matter what arena you play in if you know the game. Religion is the arena, faith is the game.

Anne Marie
Nothing wrong with faith. However, using flawed logic to rationalize your faith does nothing to sway people who look to reason.

On the flip side, Rand couldn't sway me to atheism because of its notion of a rational consciousness materializing out of thin air....An effect with no cause.

This stuff cuts both ways.

On the flip side, Rand couldn't sway me to atheism because of its notion of a rational consciousness materializing out of thin air....An effect with no cause.

First off, that's just dishonest. Atheism is not an ideology, so to attribute any claims or beliefs to atheism it totally fallacious.

Secondly, yours is an argument from ignorance. Just because you do not understand the mechanism does not mean it does not exist. Look into recent research involving AI; ideas are emerging of how consciousness could emerge from the physical brain.

There you go again Kitten. I'll have you know that "A" I work for myself..I'm up and at it at 5AM and "B" my pneumatic asphalt shingle removal system passed the roofing nail pulling tests last friday and I am doing interviews for employees today and tommorow.

My 12 hour days have paid well. You will soon see my company revolutionize the roofing business in Seattle and on to the whole west coast. Keep your beady little eyes open. You might see something amazing coming.

First off, that's just dishonest. Atheism is not an ideology, so to attribute any claims or beliefs to atheism it totally fallacious.

Secondly, yours is an argument from ignorance. Just because you do not understand the mechanism does not mean it does not exist. Look into recent research involving AI; ideas are emerging of how consciousness could emerge from the physical brain.
Did the AI invent itself??

How do you quantify and define "intelligence" without having it to begin with?

There you go again Kitten. I'll have you know that "A" I work for myself..I'm up and at it at 5AM and "B" my pneumatic asphalt shingle removal system passed the roofing nail pulling tests last friday and I am doing interviews for employees today and tommorow.

My 12 hour days have paid well. You will soon see my company revolutionize the roofing business in Seattle and on to the whole west coast. Keep your beady little eyes open. You might see something amazing coming.

Now I wonder if you missed the fact that ... I'm a smart ass ... :eusa_whistle:

As for seeing something amazing ... I don't see amazing, I make amazing.

Anne Marie
You've never experienced the shit end of the Christianity stick, and so you wouldn't understand.

Christianity isn't all hippy love and happiness.

I am not an atheist but I believe the world needs organized religion about as much as I need a case of the crabs. The only problem is that crabs are much easier to get rid of than religious zealots. I am not going to live my life according to dogma and some little book of fairytales. I live life in a moral and just way as I see fit not as taught by some book and an organization that has throughout history proven itself to be immoral, unjust, and corrupt. Even if somehow Christians are right, would not your loving god, if it truly is a loving god, still forgive my errant ways and admit me in whatever his afterlife is like anyway?

And as humans I dont think we could ever begin to understand an entity as complex as god (I look at it as an ant trying to explain a human) would have to be and to pretend we can understand his "word" in what mucst be all of its complexity through a little book written by men who are inherently flawed is irrational.

I don't come down to your job and tell you how to give blowjobs, do I? Don't tell me how to do my job then.

I'm a fucking air traffic controller. I get several breaks because of the stress. They don't care as long as no planes crash.

I don't come down to your job and tell you how to give blowjobs, do I? Don't tell me how to do my job then.

I'm a fucking air traffic controller. I get several breaks because of the stress. They don't care as long as no planes crash.

That explains where so much of the money airports stole from taxpayers is being wasted ...

As for "blowjobs" ... electrical shock is not my idea of a fun time. ;)

What you are is a goddamn liar.

Need I dig up your sniveling thread, where you were complaining about those uppity customers intruding into your "air traffic controlling" day??

Last edited:

Anne Marie

If atheists are wrong and there is a God, a god, an afterlife, whatever - doesn't really matter. They've taken that into consideration and are willing to deal with whatever consequences may follow as a result of their choice.

Every atheist or non-theist I've encountered has a specific reason or group of reasons for their choice, which is more than I can say for a majority of "believers" who do so simply because it's what they have been taught, as opposed to sorting it out for themselves. They also seem to enjoy life and live it to the fullest, presumably because they believe this is their only go-round. Not so some believers who trudge through this immediate life while rhapsodizing about a future perfect heaven.

That being said, fanatical atheists irritate me just as much as fanatical believers do. Explain to me why you believe there is no God/god/afterlife and I'll consider it. Try to force me to believe as you do and you will be immediately dismissed. If you're not smart enough to know how to persuade someone without attacking them, so why should I listen to anything else you have to say?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back