What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Why, then, are there civilizations in India, China, Southeast Asia?

Those civilizations have not died out.
Because she's an idiot?

Hey asshole, why do you constantly send me these idiotic private messages?

New reputation!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, you have received -15 reputation points from JBeukema.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
fuckin\' retard

Regards,
JBeukema

Note: This is an automated message.

Anne Marie

Because she's an idiot?

New reputation!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment:
fuckin\' retard

Regards,
JBeukema

Anne Marie

First, if it was a private message you cannot post it on the open forum, luckily it's not. That's a reputation comment, you can turn off the automated messages for those, but they will still be there.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Do you homework first. Then respond. Christians account for multi-millions of people in these countries.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chri...d=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

Southeast Asia Tours - India Tours - China Tours of the ancient ... Tour China, Southeast Asia and India - architecture, ancient Chinese ... Zoroastrianism, Christianity and Islam all exist peacefully within this huge ...
Southeast Asia Tours - India Tours - China Tours of the ancient China Silk Road, Tour India architecture, Thailand, Cambodia and Laos archaeology tours - ancient Khmer cities - Group travel the archaeological sites of India - educational archeologica - Cached - Similar

Southeast Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Sovereignty issues exist over some islands in the South China Sea. ... Bangladesh and the Seven Sisters in India is culturally part of Southeast Asia and ..... Christians can also be found throughout Southeast Asia; they are in the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia - Cached - Similar

Christianity in India: From Beginnings to the Present - Google Books Result by Robert Eric Frykenberg - 2008 - Religion - 564 pages
As such, India has the seventh largest Christian population in the world — after the USA (252 million), Brazil (166.8 million), Mexico (102 million), China ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0198263775...

South-East Asian Religions Together with aspects of Confucianism from China, Animism underpins all the ... Catholic Christianity first took hold in Goa, India after Da Gama's 1498 ... Marr, David and A C Milner, Eds. Southeast Asia in the 9th to 14th Centuries. ...
philtar.ucsm.ac.uk/encyclopedia/seasia/geness.html - Cached - Similar

India's Religions and Philosophy (Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism ... ... illumined the lives of millions of people in Japan, China and Southeast Asia. ... Today, the Christians in India number about 30 million and consist of ...
India's Religions and Philosophy (Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity, Jainism) - Cached - Similar

A history of Christianity in India, 1707-1858 - Google Books Result by Stephen Neill - 2002 - Religion - 600 pages
Hinduism had given up its extension towards south-east Asia; ... There was much commerce between India and China but little exchange of culture. ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0521893321...
WikiAnswers - Who brought Christianity and Islam to southeast Asia There were many Marco Polo going to China, The Portuguese sailing to the ... However other minor arteries went to Arabia, India, Korea, and Southeast Asia. ... What was the impact of islam and christianity on southeast asia people? ...
wiki.answers.com/.../Who_brought_Christianity_and_Islam_to_southeast_Asia - Cached - Similar

Hinduism And Christianity In India: A Study Of Socio-Historical ... Central & West Asia · China · East Timor · Hong Kong · India · Indonesia ... South Asia · Southeast Asia/Asean · Taiwan · Thailand · Tibet · Vietnam ...
Hinduism And Christianity In India: A Study Of Socio-Historical Process Of Conversion(Select Books) - Cached - Similar

Christianity—Southeast Asia: Table of Contents | Encyclopedia of ... Christianity—Southeast Asia: Table of Contents | Encyclopedia of Modern Asia. Christianity—Southeast Asia summary with 9 pages of encyclopedia entries, ...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...gs.com/.../christianitysoutheast-asia-ema-02/ - Cached - Similar

Christians and missionaries in India: cross-cultural communication ... - Google Books Result by Robert Eric Frykenberg, Alaine M. Low - 2003 - Religion - 419 pages
Yet, in Persia, India, China, and other lands of the East, Syriac could ... George Mark Moraes, A History of Christianity in India, from Early Times to St. ...

There's a start. Good luck!

Anne Marie

Last edited:
So, her first level of bullshit being destroyed, now she claims that a Christian minority has saved near every country under the sun, because no cultures ever thrived before her book of fairy tales even existed? :cuckoo:

Um ... Sidney ... you do realize you just posted proof contradicting your own contention ... at least I hope you realized it. In the past they had none, when they were thriving and at their peak they had no established christian followings, it is odd that their countries started failing about the same time "missions" were set up though.

Um ... Sidney ... you do realize you just posted proof contradicting your own contention ... at least I hope you realized it. In the past they had none, when they were thriving and at their peak they had no established christian followings, it is odd that their countries started failing about the same time "missions" were set up though.

You folks are orbiting Jupiter. Actually read up on the Global Christian population and actually absorb what you are reading.

Anne Marie

Yes, arrogance... I can assure you that absent Christianity, there would be numerous other "civilizations". Christianity is only one among many.

As for your other hypothesis, funny... I think the more fundamentalist people are in their religious beliefs, the more violent they become. It's like most things in life... enough's enough... too much stinks.

*shrug*

Good for you, "Princess" That last statement is quite arrogant indeed! Thanks fer clearing that up.

Anne Marie

You are arrogant ... but most likely due to the fact, based on this thread, that your own beliefs are so weak that you have to see fault with all other beliefs and completely disregard the real history of the world in order to maintain what thin thread of faith you do have. I recommend looking in yourself, spend a lot of time alone, in the forest or wilderness of some sort. From all of your posts I see weakness in you, and it's not good to be a zealot if you are weak of faith, will, and mind. You really need some soul searching.

Interesting. Where do I fault any other religion? Post it. You will not find any evidence that I have condemned or discounted the viability of any other religion. It's your arrogance that allows for such a shallow statement. Christianity promotes the goodness in people. I simply highlight that very fact. I have a lot of respect for self observation as well.

I will quote myself here from another thread. This is disposition on the matter as it has been for a very long time. And my faith is indeed my strength that has gotten me through just about everything. You are simply incorrect.

I have a great deal of respect for Buddhism. I don't see a conflict of interest necessarily with that and genuine Christianity. Divine Providence and Nirvana are both in tune to ourselves and what lies beyond conventional perceptions of life, and the universe. But with me, there's far more tangibility based on blind faith and infinity, which in itself is difficult for us to perceive, but nonetheless some of us are driven by a higher power. And it's not religion. It's not man-made.

There is a difference between institutionalized religion, and genuine faith. Jesus was here to remind us of our inherent nature. Something that existed well before His teachings, before His conception. But for me, that nature is of God. His father. He was the divine messenger.

I truly believe this, not as a protocol or ultimate act of faith in Catholicism, despite my being a cradle Catholic, as I am not bound by protocols incepted by individuals who themselves, all too often use religion subversively, but because I've had my experiences, shall we say. And I know some pretty wonderful people....... Anne Marie [Do We Need Religion?]

Anne Marie

You folks are orbiting Jupiter. Actually read up on the Global Christian population and actually absorb what you are reading.

Anne Marie

First, it's on the decline since about two decades ago, many people are seeing the light and choosing their own path in life instead of one that is forced on them, so the religious beliefs are balancing out, with a slight increase in only a few, but they will soon follow suit. You are talking about ancient countries that, and unless the world is less than 2000 years old, you are ignoring most of history, but even then, the christian influence was not strong in those areas until recently. Ignoring my other points also will not make them go away.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

Anne Marie
What is the rabid strain?

Anne Marie

First, it's on the decline since about two decades ago, many people are seeing the light and choosing their own path in life instead of one that is forced on them, so the religious beliefs are balancing out, with a slight increase in only a few, but they will soon follow suit. You are talking about ancient countries that, and unless the world is less than 2000 years old, you are ignoring most of history, but even then, the christian influence was not strong in those areas until recently. Ignoring my other points also will not make them go away.

What other points? You have yet to successfully challenge any my statements. You need to read what you are writing because you are actually backing me up more than you obviously realize.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

Anne Marie
Never heard of Pascal's Wager [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy], I guess.

Anne Marie
Never heard of Pascal's Wager [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy], I guess.

lol.

:) Anne Marie

I'll score that a big "NO".

:razz: Actually I just liked your response. Nothing to do with credibility or lack thereof on the author. It's just another take with good reasoning. It doesn't matter what arena you play in if you know the game. Religion is the arena, faith is the game.

Anne Marie

Because she's an idiot?

New reputation!

Comment:
fuckin\' retard

Regards,
JBeukema

Anne Marie

First, if it was a private message you cannot post it on the open forum, luckily it's not. That's a reputation comment, you can turn off the automated messages for those, but they will still be there.

I really have nothing against JB at all. He's an interesting character. But the private message/rep thingy gets old with him. He's only one of two who have given me negatives, not that I didn't expect much more. I guess it's a challenge nonetheless dealing with him, in having any expectation of a substantiated response. Not gonna happen, I guess. Who knows....

Anne Marie

Anne Marie

Huh? You said:

"if Christianity is bogus, once we die, we have had nothing to lose and have lived a beautiful life."

Sounds pretty good to me. Nothing to lose and enjoyed a beautiful life? Great!

But what are you trying to say?

And then you completely change direction and say something utterly insane. Humans were on this earth millions of years before Christians.

Please tell us how man would have failed if Christianity didn't come into existance.

Maybe you are suggesting that we would have nuked the world by now if we weren't christians? Well non christians have nukes too, right?

Actually, christianity might be the death of us. We might fight a holy war over a fairytale. :cuckoo:

I hope not. :eusa_pray:

What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

atheist-heaven-cartoon.jpg

I agree with the Pascal's Wager idea. Having said that, why can't we Christians abaondon the fundamentalist stuff? ya know, stuff that makes Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Jeremiah wright say we deserved 9/11?

I agree with the Pascal's Wager idea. Having said that, why can't we Christians abaondon the fundamentalist stuff? ya know, stuff that makes Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Jeremiah wright say we deserved 9/11?

Or the "New Orleans deserved to drown" one ... but they don't think that "Texas deserves them tornadoes" ...

Anne Marie

once we die

I think it should be illegal as in felony fraud for christians to prefface anything with those words.

Forum List

Back