What if Trump declares a State of Emergency to build his Wall

Ladder and a rope. Sheesh, you’re dumb. No wonder a wall makes sense to you.
Do you believe a wall is "immoral"?
No, but by itself, it won’t work.
I agree. I don't think Trump said he wouldn't use people to monitor the wall.
Trump only talks about a wall. We all know they need more than that. Making him a doofus.
He never ruled out people to monitor it.
He only talks about a wall.

If the 15th of Feb rolls around and no deal is reached where he gets a border wall, what then? Trump declares a state of emergency, then what? Seems obvious, the Dems find a federal judge somewhere that puts a national restraining order on it. Ah, but what then? And on what grounds? Maybe Trump bypasses the Circuit Court (probably the 9th) and asks the DC Court of Appeals or the SCOTUS to rule on the restraining order, what then? I don't know about the makeup of the DC Court, but I do think there ought to be some limits on what a federal district judge can do outside of his jurisdiction, and that would be a good thing to get resolved. I'm guessing the DC Court or the current SCOTUS will rule in his favor, especially if RBG is unable to participate by then.

JMO, and I'm no legal expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if the higher Courts lift the restraining order, at least for the entire nation. Maybe the Court would decide that the federal judge can issue a restraining order for his district, but the person has no authority to do so for the whole country. At least not without sufficient grounds, which I doubt would exist. And IMHO Trump gets his wall.

That's the way I see this thing going, Congress doesn't have the balls to do their jobs anymore, obviously our best interests are secondary to their own. Could the higher Courts side with the lower court judge? Yeah, but that's too much power in the hands on one unelected individual if you ask me. And the Dems have to know, that whenever a future President is a Dem, the GOP will be doing the same damn thing to him/her. But that would be down the road, and nobody gives a damn about the future anymore.
Reminder: Donald Trump could have had roughly this amount of money through budget reconciliation at any point in the last two years without a single Democrat vote or any need to declare an emergency. Here is a Republican congressman bragging about it in October.

"Not only would my bill fully fund the wall, but it would take the wall building program out of the appropriations process and prevent Democrats from bottling up funding in future years. Regardless of the outcome of the midterm elections, let’s not miss our chance to crack down on illegal immigration. Let’s use our majorities in both houses to get the wall built and keep the American people safe."

He doesn't want a wall, he just wants a fight.

No sir, he wanted the wall all along, he just couldn't get the votes in the Senate to do it. Guys like Corker and Flake and McCain, they didn't give a shit about the rest of us any more than the Dems did, they just wanted to give Trump the finger. Which BTW he may have deserved, but not at the expense of doing what was best for the country.

Ladder and a rope. Sheesh, you’re dumb. No wonder a wall makes sense to you.
Trump only talks about a wall. We all know they need more than that. Making him a doofus.
I love it when ignorant people chime in.. Have you even read his wall plan? Didn't think so.. It incorporates not only the wall but every facet of man and technology available to us..

"While the construction of a wall, and the potential deployment of technology such as below-ground sensors at the border, will be a helpful impediment to would-be lawbreakers, the crucial work will continue to be done by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol agencies, which are woefully understaffed. Trump’s executive orders suggest bolstering these organizations with 10,000 and 5,000 new hires, respectively, and Trump has also announced the end of the catch-and-release policy that characterized the Obama administration’s approach to border security. Congress should work with him to secure both of those plans."

Donald Trump’s Immigration & Border Security Plan -- Strong Start | National Review
15000 people working in 3 shifts won’t get the job done. Please try again.

Like you're going to climb a 30-foot ladder on one side, then jump to the other side without breaking every bone in your legs?

Please show us how that's done.

It's a matter of geophysics.

On Planet Liberal (aka "Cloud Cuckoo Land") walls are of unlimited height on one side but on the other are only high enough to give room for a dog to piss without exerting itself raising a leg.

A wall won't work and is a waste of money, that's why it's being opposed.

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Dems supported a border wall in large numbers a decade ago if it's a waste of money. And BTW, the current sections of a wall has worked very well for San Diego, Yuma, and El Paso, not to mention numerous other places around the world where border walls are being erected, care to explain that?
Walls only work when they are manned, otherwise a ladder or shovel will defeat them.
Move military bases there.
A 2000mi military gunning range. Planes bombing and firing miniguns will assure our pilots are ready to do violence where needed. Put up BIG signs every 50 feet to make sure everyone on the mexico side knows what awaits them on the other side.
Except nobody can read in Messiko.
Then show pictures.

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Dems supported a border wall in large numbers a decade ago if it's a waste of money. And BTW, the current sections of a wall has worked very well for San Diego, Yuma, and El Paso, not to mention numerous other places around the world where border walls are being erected, care to explain that?
Walls only work when they are manned, otherwise a ladder or shovel will defeat them.
A 2000mi military gunning range. Planes bombing and firing miniguns will assure our pilots are ready to do violence where needed. Put up BIG signs every 50 feet to make sure everyone on the mexico side knows what awaits them on the other side.
Then show pictures.
Of what? A wall? :biggrin:

What Trump proposes to do has already been ruled unconstitutional. Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 1952. President Truman used the emergency declaration to order the nationalization of the steel industry, after a widespread steel industry strike. It went up to the SC, which said "nope, that's clearly not an emergency", so lower court injunctions against the move stood. That was during an actual declared war, the Korean War, where steel was a critical wartime industry. The current situation isn't even close to being as serious as that.

What's more, the Democratic house could vote to end the emergency. And they would.The National Emergency Act allows either the House or Senate to hold such a vote. A full vote in the Senate would then be required within 15 days. McConnell could not block or filibuster that vote. And that's a disaster for the Republicans, as they would be forced to sign on with Trump in full public view. Sure, Trump could veto the vote, but the damage would be done, and Republicans would be guaranteed to lose the senate.

I love it when ignorant people chime in.. Have you even read his wall plan? Didn't think so.. It incorporates not only the wall but every facet of man and technology available to us..

"While the construction of a wall, and the potential deployment of technology such as below-ground sensors at the border, will be a helpful impediment to would-be lawbreakers, the crucial work will continue to be done by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol agencies, which are woefully understaffed. Trump’s executive orders suggest bolstering these organizations with 10,000 and 5,000 new hires, respectively, and Trump has also announced the end of the catch-and-release policy that characterized the Obama administration’s approach to border security. Congress should work with him to secure both of those plans."

Donald Trump’s Immigration & Border Security Plan -- Strong Start | National Review
With the wall in place and sensors active it will be much easier to stem the tide,,

What's more, the Democratic house could vote to end the emergency. And they would.
They can not... Only the president can do that... LOL having issues with constitutional powers and separations of powers are we? They can only recommend.. You must think Pelosi is now president... F---king idiot..

With the wall in place and sensors active it will be much easier to stem the tide,,
Still won’t get it done with that few people.

Bilingual signs are free. You can even print them out on your computer..

:laughing0301:

SIGN.jpg

online Sign v4 free printable safety sign maker

UN authorized sign for death or lethal to humans...

upload_2019-1-26_15-11-6.jpeg

th

I'm sure they understand crayola....

UN authorized sign for death or lethal to humans...

View attachment 242318

th

I'm sure they understand crayola....
Like the UN knows anything, lol.

Forum List

Back