What if Trump declares a State of Emergency to build his Wall

Anyone opposing the wall should be named as a co-defendant in each of the murder trials that will follow the inevitable murders of actual Americans by illegals. Oh, let's not forget, the death penalty is the only effective deterrent to recidivism.
A wall won't work and is a waste of money, that's why it's being opposed.
Is that what Nancy told you?
Look at a castle, if they don’t man the wall, a ladder defeats it.

Like you're going to climb a 30-foot ladder on one side, then jump to the other side without breaking every bone in your legs?

Please show us how that's done.
Ladder and a rope. Sheesh, you’re dumb. No wonder a wall makes sense to you.
Do you believe a wall is "immoral"?

Like you're going to climb a 30-foot ladder on one side, then jump to the other side without breaking every bone in your legs?

So if it's according to you impossible to stop illegal border crossings, why not just tear down all fences and access points, and resign ourselves?
No, but a wall won’t do it, you’ll need more than that.

Anyone opposing the wall should be named as a co-defendant in each of the murder trials that will follow the inevitable murders of actual Americans by illegals. Oh, let's not forget, the death penalty is the only effective deterrent to recidivism.

What these folks don't get is the technology will also be employed its not going to be just a physical barrier..

No, but by itself, it won’t work.

I agree. I don't think Trump said he wouldn't use people to monitor the wall.

Why wouldn't a wall work? Your walls and doors work properly, don't they?

Can I just come to your house and help myself to anything I want with impunity? No, I can't. Because you have walls and doors which prevent me from doing that.

Trump only talks about a wall. We all know they need more than that. Making him a doofus.

So simple, just declare a national emergency based on the flood of illegal entries in violation of federal immigration law, risk to national security, build the wall, deport all undocumented immigrants that violate state or federal law and be done with it.
In short uphold federal law, which I believe is the center piece of the oath of office all these clowns swore to protect.
The dims will dispute the threat to national security yet have no defense as to violation of federal law and inability to control entry.
To think for one minute that the dims will consider funding a wall or deployment of troops to secure the boarder for an extended period is a pipe dream.

Why wouldn't a wall work? Your walls and doors work properly, don't they?

Can I just come to your house and help myself to anything I want with impunity? No, I can't. Because you have walls and doors which prevent me from doing that.
when I’m not here someone can break in. You’re not very bright, are you?

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Dems supported a border wall in large numbers a decade ago if it's a waste of money. And BTW, the current sections of a wall has worked very well for San Diego, Yuma, and El Paso, not to mention numerous other places around the world where border walls are being erected, care to explain that?
Walls only work when they are manned, otherwise a ladder or shovel will defeat them.
Move military bases there.
Sure, you’d have to put more boots on the ground for anything to work.
Promote the general welfare! Constitution..

Trump only talks about a wall. We all know they need more than that. Making him a doofus.
He never ruled out people to monitor it.

So then you folks would be for what would work - a total closure of the border and creation of a 2 mile wide Atlantic Wall style defense in depth staffed by the US Military with orders to shoot anyone found in that zone. Combined with a comprehensive new Federal ID program to ensure we know who, where and why every US Citizen is and purge all non-citizens from the nation permanently.

Declaring an emergency and suggesting a solution that will take many many years to solve with a wall, is stupid at best. How can that possibly be an emergency solution.

My bet is that Pelosi et al. will suggest solutions like more thorough inspections for drugs at truck crossings, high tech surveillance, rapid response units, etc. This can be put together much more quickly. It will address the problem as an emergency, unlike the massive construction project of the wall. Trump will then have a hard time calling the wall an emergency solution to the problem

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Dems supported a border wall in large numbers a decade ago if it's a waste of money. And BTW, the current sections of a wall has worked very well for San Diego, Yuma, and El Paso, not to mention numerous other places around the world where border walls are being erected, care to explain that?
Walls only work when they are manned, otherwise a ladder or shovel will defeat them.
Move military bases there.
A 2000mi military gunning range. Planes bombing and firing miniguns will assure our pilots are ready to do violence where needed. Put up BIG signs every 50 feet to make sure everyone on the mexico side knows what awaits them on the other side.

Declaring an emergency and suggesting a solution that will take many many years to solve with a wall, is stupid at best. How can that possibly be an emergency solution.

My bet is that Pelosi et al. will suggest solutions like more thorough inspections for drugs at truck crossings, high tech surveillance, rapid response units, etc. This can be put together much more quickly. It will address the problem as an emergency, unlike the massive construction project of the wall. Trump will then have a hard time calling the wall an emergency solution to the problem

Because it is a big fucking emergency. People get sent to the Emergency Room all the time with problems that they will have to deal with for the rest of their lives.

If the 15th of Feb rolls around and no deal is reached where he gets a border wall, what then? Trump declares a state of emergency, then what? Seems obvious, the Dems find a federal judge somewhere that puts a national restraining order on it. Ah, but what then? And on what grounds? Maybe Trump bypasses the Circuit Court (probably the 9th) and asks the DC Court of Appeals or the SCOTUS to rule on the restraining order, what then? I don't know about the makeup of the DC Court, but I do think there ought to be some limits on what a federal district judge can do outside of his jurisdiction, and that would be a good thing to get resolved. I'm guessing the DC Court or the current SCOTUS will rule in his favor, especially if RBG is unable to participate by then.

JMO, and I'm no legal expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if the higher Courts lift the restraining order, at least for the entire nation. Maybe the Court would decide that the federal judge can issue a restraining order for his district, but the person has no authority to do so for the whole country. At least not without sufficient grounds, which I doubt would exist. And IMHO Trump gets his wall.

That's the way I see this thing going, Congress doesn't have the balls to do their jobs anymore, obviously our best interests are secondary to their own. Could the higher Courts side with the lower court judge? Yeah, but that's too much power in the hands on one unelected individual if you ask me. And the Dems have to know, that whenever a future President is a Dem, the GOP will be doing the same damn thing to him/her. But that would be down the road, and nobody gives a damn about the future anymore.
Reminder: Donald Trump could have had roughly this amount of money through budget reconciliation at any point in the last two years without a single Democrat vote or any need to declare an emergency. Here is a Republican congressman bragging about it in October.

"Not only would my bill fully fund the wall, but it would take the wall building program out of the appropriations process and prevent Democrats from bottling up funding in future years. Regardless of the outcome of the midterm elections, let’s not miss our chance to crack down on illegal immigration. Let’s use our majorities in both houses to get the wall built and keep the American people safe."

He doesn't want a wall, he just wants a fight.

If the 15th of Feb rolls around and no deal is reached where he gets a border wall, what then? Trump declares a state of emergency, then what? Seems obvious, the Dems find a federal judge somewhere that puts a national restraining order on it. Ah, but what then? And on what grounds? Maybe Trump bypasses the Circuit Court (probably the 9th) and asks the DC Court of Appeals or the SCOTUS to rule on the restraining order, what then? I don't know about the makeup of the DC Court, but I do think there ought to be some limits on what a federal district judge can do outside of his jurisdiction, and that would be a good thing to get resolved. I'm guessing the DC Court or the current SCOTUS will rule in his favor, especially if RBG is unable to participate by then.

JMO, and I'm no legal expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if the higher Courts lift the restraining order, at least for the entire nation. Maybe the Court would decide that the federal judge can issue a restraining order for his district, but the person has no authority to do so for the whole country. At least not without sufficient grounds, which I doubt would exist. And IMHO Trump gets his wall.

That's the way I see this thing going, Congress doesn't have the balls to do their jobs anymore, obviously our best interests are secondary to their own. Could the higher Courts side with the lower court judge? Yeah, but that's too much power in the hands on one unelected individual if you ask me. And the Dems have to know, that whenever a future President is a Dem, the GOP will be doing the same damn thing to him/her. But that would be down the road, and nobody gives a damn about the future anymore.
Reminder: Donald Trump could have had roughly this amount of money through budget reconciliation at any point in the last two years without a single Democrat vote or any need to declare an emergency. Here is a Republican congressman bragging about it in October.

"Not only would my bill fully fund the wall, but it would take the wall building program out of the appropriations process and prevent Democrats from bottling up funding in future years. Regardless of the outcome of the midterm elections, let’s not miss our chance to crack down on illegal immigration. Let’s use our majorities in both houses to get the wall built and keep the American people safe."

So, don't give it to him. It is 5 billion dollars to build a freaking fence along the border.

There is no reasonable reason to be against that.

Of course he does. What's better than to beat the Democrats and rub their noses in it at the same time? President Trump is making the Democrats look more and more like the worst choice for the upcoming 2020 election.

Greatest President ever!!

I love it when ignorant people chime in.. Have you even read his wall plan? Didn't think so.. It incorporates not only the wall but every facet of man and technology available to us..

"While the construction of a wall, and the potential deployment of technology such as below-ground sensors at the border, will be a helpful impediment to would-be lawbreakers, the crucial work will continue to be done by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol agencies, which are woefully understaffed. Trump’s executive orders suggest bolstering these organizations with 10,000 and 5,000 new hires, respectively, and Trump has also announced the end of the catch-and-release policy that characterized the Obama administration’s approach to border security. Congress should work with him to secure both of those plans."

Donald Trump’s Immigration & Border Security Plan -- Strong Start | National Review

Forum List

Back