What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

So Abraham taught Ishmael to pray to and worship to a different God than he and Isaac?

Sunni, I am a gentile and apart from Christ I have no standing with God's chosen people any more than you have. (though with Christ we are both offered adoption)

So I'm not trying to dis you, I'm just repeating what God says in the Bible, which is:

17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!”
19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.” 22 Then He finished talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

Sunni, add to this that God referred to Isaac as Abrahams ONLY son. Not his only son living at home, but his ONLY son, the only son recognized was through Sarah.

Both you and I are invited through Jesus Christ to be adopted into the New Covenant that God made because the old one was broken (Jeremiah, 32 I think) according to the Bible. And I praise God for that invitation.

Now the rules here at the USMessageBoard and Gunny has been very clear, and I'm a little ban shy these days, but this thread was created because I'm explaining why I am so grateful to my Lord and Savior who is available to all.

You seem to want to insist that Ishmael is included in my beliefs and when I explain why Ishmael is not included in my beliefs Biblically, you accuse me of attacking you.

This is the Truth that I know and I'm sticking to it.

Basically, all I did was point out that Ishmael, the first son of Abraham, was included in the eternal blessings that God promised Abraham.

The next thing I read is JenT attacking Islam, Muslims, and Muhammad.

This is typical when ever I deal with most Christians.

I was just seeking common ground and a friendly dialogue.

But she immediately went on the attack.

Kind of sad

Well, lets look at that.

Basically, all I did was post why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you told me I had to include Ishmael.

I stated why I don't. It's not Biblical.
..okay, but the thing is, there just isn't a lot of common ground between Islam and Christianity,
Let's see,

Muslims believe:

in the Torah and the Old Testament prophets
the Ten Commandments
Adam and Eve
the great flood and Noah's Ark
(basically all of the same bible stories that christians and jews believe)
That Jesus mother was the virgin Mary
Jesus was a prophet and performed many miracles
the anti-Christ will rise up and Jesus will fight against him at Armageddon
that Jesus will return in the end times
etc. etc. etc.

I guess you are right JenT

Muslims and Christians don't have much in common. :eusa_angel:

Basically, all I did was point out that Ishmael, the first son of Abraham, was included in the eternal blessings that God promised Abraham.

The next thing I read is JenT attacking Islam, Muslims, and Muhammad.

This is typical when ever I deal with most Christians.

I was just seeking common ground and a friendly dialogue.

But she immediately went on the attack.

Kind of sad

Well, lets look at that.

Basically, all I did was post why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you told me I had to include Ishmael.

I stated why I don't. It's not Biblical.
..okay, but the thing is, there just isn't a lot of common ground between Islam and Christianity,
Let's see,

Muslims believe:

in the Torah and the Old Testament prophets
the Ten Commandments
Adam and Eve
the great flood and Noah's Ark
(basically all of the same bible stories that christians and jews believe)
That Jesus mother was the virgin Mary
Jesus was a prophet and performed many miracles
the anti-Christ will rise up and Jesus will fight against him at Armageddon
that Jesus will return in the end times
etc. etc. etc.

I guess you are right JenT

Muslims and Christians don't have much in common. :eusa_angel:

Sunni, to the Christian the foundation is Jesus Christ

Correct me if I'm wrong but Islam believes God has no Son, that Christ is not deity, that Mohammed is more than Jesus Christ, that Christ performed healings but no more than many other prophets and it was only Allah working through him. Basically that Jesus Christ is no more than most.

And why are the names and places identical but the years and details are all upside down? Because Mohammed first went to the Jews and told them he was a prophet, they rejected him. So then he came to the Christians and told them he was a prophet. They rejected him.

Then Mohammed went back to the Arabs, described vague beliefs (except for minor details like Mary the mother of Jesus and Marium, Moses sister, were the same person even though they lived hundreds of years apart) so all kinds of facts and details were mixed up and yet islam claims that version is correct while the Bible and the Torah is corrupted, and all must bow to Allah and the Koran.

Meanwhile Mohammed is massacring caravans of Christians and Jews and setting his METHOD OF MOHAMMED which is to approach in peace and if they do not submit, kill with the sword.

And what is happening today...our own government is negotiating with our children to have them bowing down to Allah in public school so we can "understand the common ground"

In a word, Sunni, no.

Your world and my world have nothing in common and will never become one.

The difference is, Christians know it, Jews know it, Muslims know it, but the Muslims are lying about it to the atheists who are buying it and promoting it, in fact, using it to make the case that all religions are false.

Last edited:
Funny stuff!!!

Thanks for the Islamic history lesson :eusa_angel:

btw, we don't think of Muhammad as higher than Jesus or any other prophet

by "higher" if you thought I meant diety, you're right, but I didn't mean that.

But the cornerstone of Ilsam is the "shahada" which states:

"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."

And this is EXACTLY what teachers have been asking students to repeat and memorize in class so we can "understand" what it is to be Muslim.

Talk about a rip of religious freedom. I did NOT send my sons to public school so they could memorize prayers and speak words of praise and worship to other gods.

Judge Hamilton stated that because the child in the lawsuit over this didn't actually BELIEVE what he was told to memorize and repeat, it was allowable.

Any teacher in this nation has the legal authority to have our kids do this. The US Supreme Court wouldn't hear the case. Our government has negotiated with terrorists and this ruling is poised for future use.

Funny stuff!!!

Thanks for the Islamic history lesson :eusa_angel:

btw, we don't think of Muhammad as higher than Jesus or any other prophet

Talk about a rip of religious freedom. I did NOT send my sons to public school so they could memorize prayers and speak words of praise and worship to other gods.

Judge Hamilton stated that because the child in the lawsuit over this didn't actually BELIEVE what he was told to memorize and repeat, it was allowable.

Any teacher in this nation has the legal authority to have our kids do this. The US Supreme Court wouldn't hear the case. Our government has negotiated with terrorists and this ruling is poised for future use.
No idea what you are ranting on about? :eek:

Nor do I really care.

I love that if I rape your daughter when she's still a virgin, she has to marry me and I can then expect her to do her congical duty :cool:

I've always had an affinity toward God.

I've always had an affinity for reason, myself
I think my parents thought i was kind of odd but went along with it. I didn't first meet Him in Sunday school where I was chastised because I didn't understand how to look anything up.

Evidently, you still don't :eusa_shhh:
I could just sense Him sometimes.

Paranoid ideations and a sense of being watched are signs of paranoia

And now when I read people claiming there is no God, or demands of proof, evidence, "show me", accusations of God, etc., well, how does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life
You realized you were a fuck up and a waste of life?

But Christ steps in and says He has already paid for those sins. More reasons why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

:clap2:

Yeshua was Lucifer, the Morning Star, who ascended above the clouds to sit at the height of the congregation, overturned God's law, replaced God as the judge, and enlightened Mankind

We are all children of Adam and Eve - Esau as much as Jacob, Ishmael as much as Isaac.

the lord hated esau from before his birth

We are all children of Adam and Eve - Esau as much as Jacob, Ishmael as much as Isaac.

Yep. But the covenant is not with all.
then your god does not love all his creation, is not worthy that all be saved, and is not merciful or benevolent

Of course not. I mean eye witness accounts can prove a man to be a murderer beyond a reasonable doubt and put him to death.

Not, they can't. Not without other evidence

Even Article 3 of the US Constitution, Section 3 says that no person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of TWO witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

I love that if I rape your daughter when she's still a virgin, she has to marry me and I can then expect her to do her congical duty :cool:

Really? You might want to talk to the brothers of Dinah about that...

I've always had an affinity toward God.

I've always had an affinity for reason, myself
Evidently, you still don't :eusa_shhh:

That's good JB :eusa_angel:

I could just sense Him sometimes.

Paranoid ideations and a sense of being watched are signs of paranoia

Did you have to take notes to remember that?

And now when I read people claiming there is no God, or demands of proof, evidence, "show me", accusations of God, etc., well, how does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life
You realized you were a fuck up and a waste of life?

awwwwww JB, love you too hon ;)

Of course not. I mean eye witness accounts can prove a man to be a murderer beyond a reasonable doubt and put him to death.

Even Article 3 of the US Constitution, Section 3 says that no person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of TWO witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Wow... so you're too stupid to realize that requiring two witnesses is not equal to requiring no other evidence...
Edited out, do it again and you're infracted. for the good of the species

But that God loved me even as I was sinning, that He came for me, that He showed me a better way, that He does that for everyone that comes to the party...that's what I love about God.
Doesn't Satan do the same? Lucifer is the honest one, according to the bible

Lucifer uses half truths as a tactic a lot, sorta like you're doing right now

Last edited:
But Christ steps in and says He has already paid for those sins. More reasons why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

Yeshua was Lucifer, the Morning Star, who ascended above the clouds to sit at the height of the congregation, overturned God's law, replaced God as the judge, and enlightened Mankind

oh JB, no wonder you get so mixed up, I think you're actually trying to make it confusing

Wow... so you're too stupid to realize that requiring two witnesses is not equal to requiring no other evidence...

Please kill yourself, for the good of the species

:confused: Huh!?! What? I think that I was trying to support your argument. I was just making a casual comment that even in cases of treason more than just one witness is required. I know that two witnesses constitute more evidence than one witness does. Take it easy.

But that God loved me even as I was sinning, that He came for me, that He showed me a better way, that He does that for everyone that comes to the party...that's what I love about God.
Doesn't Satan do the same? Lucifer is the honest one, according to the bible

Lucifer uses half truths as a tactic a lot, sorta like you're doing right now

Incorrect. God lied to Man in the Garden. It was the serpent who told man the truth and gave Man true free will to choose his own fate.

Tell me, every genocide ordered in the bible, who ordered it?

oh JB, no wonder you get so mixed up, I think you're actually trying to make it confusing

Incorrect. Click 'search' I have explained this before.

Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

interesting.,.. in Isaiah the Morning Star is Lucifer :eusa_shhh:

Both talk about rising into the heavens, jesus overturned the laws of god, and jesus replaced god as the judge for those who followed him- the very things Lucifer promises to do. He aqlso worked on the Sabbath, disregarded the laws of Leviticus, and, well- pretty much threw out the OT altogether. Good thing, too, for his commandments are far more merciful and benevolent than YHWH's. You see, ever since Eden Lucifer has rebelled against the cruel tyrant of El, who commands the slaughter of young children and orders that they be dashed upon the rocks.

Forum List

Back