What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

Ishmael was Jacobs uncle

Thus he was a blood relative of Jesus
Witness the hatred of Ishmael's offspring to Israel ever since, written in blood all over our headlines.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did NOT tell Ishmael's offspring to slaughter Jews and mistreat them.
God did not tell the offspring of Isaac (the Jews), to slaughter the descendents of Ishmael.

Witness the hatred of Isaac's offspring to Arabs ever since, written in blood all over our headlines.

You're right, God didn't tell the offspring of Isaac to slaughter the descendents of Ishmael.

But Allah, according to Mohammed, has told the descendents of Ishmael to slaughter the descendants of Isaac if they do not submit to Allah.

And the last time I looked, Israel wasn't targeting the public schools and hospitals and civilian institutions like the Arab world targets in Israel.

Witness the hatred of Ishmael's offspring to Israel ever since, written in blood all over our headlines.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did NOT tell Ishmael's offspring to slaughter Jews and mistreat them.
God did not tell the offspring of Isaac (the Jews), to slaughter the descendents of Ishmael.

Witness the hatred of Isaac's offspring to Arabs ever since, written in blood all over our headlines.

But Allah, according to Mohammed, has told the descendents of Ishmael to slaughter the descendants of Isaac if they do not submit to Allah.
Please show me where in the Quran it says this?

Thank You

Cool, I can sin all I want and the debt is already pre-paid by God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
and Mohamed.
Just remember we each pay those debts here in the flesh as ya go along, only the soul was paid for the flesh is given over.

Doesn't he come to people that are sinning?
I'm pretty sure Satan loves sinners.

Satan loves that God's children sin, and he's more than happy to lead us there if that's what you mean. But he also revels in the consequences we suffer because of those sins, Satan hates and accuses us. It's why he's called our accuser.

But Christ steps in and says He has already paid for those sins. More reasons why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

:clap2:
Cool, I can sin all I want and the debt is already pre-paid by God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
and Mohamed.

Mountain Man, God's children strive not to sin because of our response of gratitude for what Christ did. Do we still sin? Yes, we do. And we ask for forgiveness and He grants it. So in that you can sin all you want and be forgiven, the thing is the true Christian doesn't WANT to sin, but when we do and confess and repent, yes, it IS forgiven.

The CONSEQUENCES of those sins in this life are still looming. For instance, God tells us not to fornicate, but if I sleep around and ask His forgiveness, I am forgiven, but if I caught AIDS in the process, well, we go home all the sooner a saint.

I've always had an affinity toward God. I think my parents thought i was kind of odd but went along with it. I didn't first meet Him in Sunday school where I was chastised because I didn't understand how to look anything up. I could just sense Him sometimes.

I always considered myself Christian even though I had no clue who He was. The Bible confused me because I couldn't get how behaving like Lot with his daughters (incest) equated to God whenever I tried to read the Bible from cover to cover.

So I dove into my teens and twenties with all the discernment of your average teenager...got into tons of trouble, laughed a lot but inside felt empty and wrong.

Then God exploded into my life after I filed for divorce. Somebody must have been praying for me because I was hounded by Christians dragging me to Bible Study, where I learned that living with my current romance of the month wasn't completely okay with God...

so I sadly put my lifestyle on the shelf and started lining up with what HE said instead of what I wanted...and lo and behold I discovered an indescribable relationship with the Creator of the universe that transends all understanding. A fullness within myself that I couldn't find anywhere else on the planet, a communion with Him, a sense of peace and joy even through crisis and confrontation and kaos. He rocked my world.

And He gave me back a sense of myself that I didn't even realize I lost before. It was like I had been sitting in gutter mud and didn't even know it until He came by and washed me clean, a restoring of my soul.

So many twists and turns my life has been through since then, and He has been my rock.

And now when I read people claiming there is no God, or demands of proof, evidence, "show me", accusations of God, etc., well, how does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life, a restoring, an absolute knowledge of Him who never leaves us? I could write of the miracles I've seen, I could write of the obvious evidence of the Bible and all the prophesies, the miracle of the Bible itself, but unless a person tastes and sees that it is good, unless the call of the Holy Spirit is responded to...

But that God loved me even as I was sinning, that He came for me, that He showed me a better way, that He does that for everyone that comes to the party...that's what I love about God.

I mean no offence but just to reply to your post and answer your question. One might conclude that you felt the need to have something in your life after your divorce. Perhaps your divorce left a gap in your life that nothing seemed to fill. Then you took a chance on filling it with a belief in God.

“How does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life…?”

Belief is a powerful tool. Some people believe that they can fly. Some of those people have jumped off buildings to their deaths. Some people have read the Bible and applied some of its advice to their lives. Many of those people have improved their lives as a result. That does not mean that the Jesus story and the story about salvation are true.

“…a restoring, an absolute knowledge of Him who never leaves us?”

I’m sorry but you do not have an absolute knowledge of Him. You may have a strong belief – a faith – but not absolute knowledge. Are you so all-knowing when it comes to Him, that you can tell who he will allow into heaven and whom he will not? I doubt it.

“I could write of the miracles I've seen, I could write of the obvious evidence of the Bible and all the prophesies, the miracle of the Bible itself”

Really? Can you explain each and every absurdity and apparent contradiction within the Bible? I doubt it.

“but unless a person tastes and sees that it is good, unless the call of the Holy Spirit is responded to...”

I hear the telephone ringing. I think that the “call of the Holy Spirit”, as you put it, is simply a combination of group think, strong wishful thinking, and imagination that there is more to the end of life than death and a ceasing of existence. Oh if only we were not alone in this world. Just think that there is someone who will care for you and love you inside and out – like a soul mate – but a supreme being throughout all eternity.

I mean you no offence. This is just one guys reply and assessment of your post. I might be wrong, but I think that what you have is a placebo effect – and sometimes placebos can be good for you. May whatever you believe in give you peace and serenity.

Hey Matt! Good to see you again!

When I said "absolute knowledge" I didn't mean my knowledge of Him is complete, there is a lot I don't know about Him, but I absolutely know that He IS, of that there is no question. And there has been far too much absolute evidence that I and my kids have seen, to even begin to try to deny Him. So the placebo argument falls flat. But I take no offense at all, just glad to see you again!

It is nice to see you here too. It is good that we can agree to disagree on something so sensitive without being disagreeable – if you know what I mean. I’m happy that you have no doubts at all. Just be careful and don’t be taken in by the Jim Jones and David Koresh types. I’d like to see some of your “absolute evidence” some day. I still contend that what you have is a strong belief system. For me, my wife is like that rock of security and understanding. I would not equate her with the definition of God, but I think that life with her has made me a much better person (in so many ways) than I would have been without her.

Please show me where in the Quran it says this?

Thank You

All of the Hadith is the method of Mohammed. Then directly out of the Koran:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...And the Jews say Ezra is the son of God; and the Christians say Christ is the son of God; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; Allah's curse be on them; how they are turned away!" (Koran 9:29-30)

And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah (8:39)

And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM (8:71)

FIGHT THEM: ALLAH WILL PUNISH THEM BY YOUR HANDS AND BRING THEM TO DISGRACE, AND ASSIST YOU AGAINST THEM. (9:14)

FIGHT THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLAH, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, NOR FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF TRUTH, OUT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOK [Christians and Jews], until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and THEY ARE IN A STATE OF SUBJECTION. (9:29)

O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination. (9:73)

O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil). (9:123)

I WILL CAST TERROR INTO THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE. THEREFORE STRIKE OFF THEIR HEADS AND STRIKE OFF EVERY FINGERTIP OF THEM. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ACTED ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER; AND WHOEVER ACTS ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER - THEN SURELY ALLAH IS SEVERE IN REQUITING (EVIL). THIS - TASTE IT, AND (KNOW) THAT FOR THE UNBELIEVERS IS THE PUNISHMENT OF FIRE. O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve marching for war, then turn not your backs to them. And whoever shall turn his back to them on that day - unless he turn aside for the sake of fighting or withdraws to a company - then he, indeed, becomes deserving of Allah's wrath, and his abode is hell; and an evil destination shall it be. So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy) but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; (8:12-17)

And that you should judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires, and be cautious of them, lest they seduce you from part of what Allah has revealed to you; but if they turn back, then know that Allah desires to afflict them on account of some of their faults; and most surely many of the people are transgressors. Is it then the judgment of the times of ignorance that they desire: and who is better than Allah to judge for a people who are sure? O YOU WHO BELIEVE! DO NOT TAKE THE JEWS AND THE CHRISTIANS FOR FRIENDS; THEY ARE FRIENDS OF EACH OTHER; AND WHOEVER AMONGST YOU TAKES THEM FOR A FRIEND, THEN SURELY HE IS ONE OF THEM; SURELY ALLAH DOES NOT GUIDE THE UNJUST PEOPLE. (5:49-51)

The punishment of those who pit themselves against Allah and His Messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement, except those who repent before you have them in your power (5:33-34)

Believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one god: far be it from his glory that He should have a son. (4:171)

What is the matter with you, then, that you have become two parties about the hypocrites, while Allah has made them return (to unbelief) for what they have earned? Do you wish to guide him whom Allah has caused to err? And whomsoever Allah causes to err, you shall by no means find a way for him. THEY DESIRE THAT YOU SHOULD DISBELIEVE AS THEY HAVE DISBELIEVED, SO THAT YOU MIGHT BE ALL ALIKE; THEREFORE TAKE NOT FROM AMONG THEM FRIENDS UNTIL THEY FLY THEIR HOMES IN ALLAH'S WAY; BUT IF THEY TURN BACK, THEN SEIZE THEM AND KILL THEM WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM, AND TAKE NOT FROM AMONG THEM A FRIEND OR A HELPER. (4:89)

As for those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the punishment (4:56)

Surely they who disbelieve in the communications of Allah - they shall have a severe punishment; and Allah is Mighty, the lord of retribution. (3:4)

Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)" (Hadith 4:52:196)

oh and I almost forgot...Sunni Man, what does Sharia law say is to happen to any Muslim that converts to Christianity or any other religion?

What is Sharia law based on?

You do realize most what you posted was given during times of war and not a general commandment?

(There were so many and most were taken out of context)

This is what you orginally stated:

"But Allah, according to Mohammed, has told the descendents of Ishmael to slaughter the descendants of Isaac if they do not submit to Allah".

Please show me where the Quran/Muhammad says to kill all descends of Isaac?

(during a time of peace and not war) as the Jewish tribes were know to attack the Muslim tribes quite often.

I mean no offence but just to reply to your post and answer your question. One might conclude that you felt the need to have something in your life after your divorce. Perhaps your divorce left a gap in your life that nothing seemed to fill. Then you took a chance on filling it with a belief in God.

“How does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life…?”

Belief is a powerful tool. Some people believe that they can fly. Some of those people have jumped off buildings to their deaths. Some people have read the Bible and applied some of its advice to their lives. Many of those people have improved their lives as a result. That does not mean that the Jesus story and the story about salvation are true.

“…a restoring, an absolute knowledge of Him who never leaves us?”

I’m sorry but you do not have an absolute knowledge of Him. You may have a strong belief – a faith – but not absolute knowledge. Are you so all-knowing when it comes to Him, that you can tell who he will allow into heaven and whom he will not? I doubt it.

“I could write of the miracles I've seen, I could write of the obvious evidence of the Bible and all the prophesies, the miracle of the Bible itself”

Really? Can you explain each and every absurdity and apparent contradiction within the Bible? I doubt it.

“but unless a person tastes and sees that it is good, unless the call of the Holy Spirit is responded to...”

I hear the telephone ringing. I think that the “call of the Holy Spirit”, as you put it, is simply a combination of group think, strong wishful thinking, and imagination that there is more to the end of life than death and a ceasing of existence. Oh if only we were not alone in this world. Just think that there is someone who will care for you and love you inside and out – like a soul mate – but a supreme being throughout all eternity.

I mean you no offence. This is just one guys reply and assessment of your post. I might be wrong, but I think that what you have is a placebo effect – and sometimes placebos can be good for you. May whatever you believe in give you peace and serenity.

Hey Matt! Good to see you again!

When I said "absolute knowledge" I didn't mean my knowledge of Him is complete, there is a lot I don't know about Him, but I absolutely know that He IS, of that there is no question. And there has been far too much absolute evidence that I and my kids have seen, to even begin to try to deny Him. So the placebo argument falls flat. But I take no offense at all, just glad to see you again!

It is nice to see you here too. It is good that we can agree to disagree on something so sensitive without being disagreeable – if you know what I mean. I’m happy that you have no doubts at all. Just be careful and don’t be taken in by the Jim Jones and David Koresh types. I’d like to see some of your “absolute evidence” some day. I still contend that what you have is a strong belief system. For me, my wife is like that rock of security and understanding. I would not equate her with the definition of God, but I think that life with her has made me a much better person (in so many ways) than I would have been without her.

Matt, I've written it out on various message boards but every time I go to post it on my website, I'm stopped. God doesn't want people to come to Him for miracles or what they can get out of Him. Have you ever read about how the huge crowds (that wanted another free meal it was right after the fish and bread event) left Jesus after He spoke about how they would need to eat His flesh and drink His blood? Do you think Jesus didn't know that would thin them out? Only those that knew Him through the Holy Spirit, that recognized He spoke the Words of Life would remain, and all those that were just looking to use Him for a fast buck or a free meal, left.

Are you really willing to only come to the Father that created you, loves you, has a purpose and a plan for your life, if He dangles miracles and free lunches in front of your eyes?

God is holy, pure and righteous. Somehow people have decided those are wrong things. But if there is any response left within you to answer His call, listen to it. God is holy. He knows every minut detail about you. And He has called.

You do realize most what you posted was given during times of war and not a general commandment?

"But Allah, according to Mohammed, has told the descendents of Ishmael to slaughter the descendants of Isaac if they do not submit to Allah".

(during a time of peace and not war) as the Jewish tribes were know to attack the Muslim tribes quite often.

oh, is that my bad? I don't think so. When does Islam consider the world to be at peace, Sunni Man?

Is it not when all the world is Islam?

oh, is that my bad? I don't think so. When does Islam consider the world to be at peace, Sunni Man?

oh, is that my bad? I don't think so. When does Christianity consider the world to be at peace, JenT?

Is it not when all the world is Christian?

Is not a big part of Christian theology to spread the Gospel and win the world for Christ?

Both of the global wars of the last century WWI & WWII

Were mainly betwen Christian based nations such as America, Germany, Italy, France, Britan, and several others.

So when are the Christian based nations ever at peace?

Last edited:
Matt, I've written it out on various message boards but every time I go to post it on my website, I'm stopped. God doesn't want people to come to Him for miracles or what they can get out of Him. Have you ever read about how the huge crowds (that wanted another free meal it was right after the fish and bread event) left Jesus after He spoke about how they would need to eat His flesh and drink His blood? Do you think Jesus didn't know that would thin them out? Only those that knew Him through the Holy Spirit, that recognized He spoke the Words of Life would remain, and all those that were just looking to use Him for a fast buck or a free meal, left.

I am not arguing that God (assuming that he, she, it, or they exists) wants people to come to Him for what they can get out of him. I thought that one of your points was that God is real because after accepting him, good things happened to you. You mention “a fullness within myself that I couldn't find anywhere else on the planet, a communion with Him, a sense of peace and joy even through crisis and confrontation and kaos. He rocked my world”. You said that, “He gave me back a sense of myself that I didn't even realize I lost before”. I thought that you were implying that this is proof that God exists. In response, I was contending that such could be based on belief – regardless of whether that belief is in something real or imaginary. A belief can make you a better and happier person.

Are you really willing to only come to the Father that created you, loves you, has a purpose and a plan for your life, if He dangles miracles and free lunches in front of your eyes?

No. I accept the reality of cancer even when cancer is bad. I accept that certain vitamins and minerals, in appropriate quantity, are good for you. I accept what I see as reality through my 5 senses and what can be scientifically proven to me.

God is holy, pure and righteous. Somehow people have decided those are wrong things. But if there is any response left within you to answer His call, listen to it. God is holy. He knows every minut detail about you. And He has called.

People are not in general saying that God is not holy, pure, and righteous. People question whether God exists.

oh, is that my bad? I don't think so. When does Christianity consider the world to be at peace, JenT?

Is it not when all the world is Christian?

Is not a big part of Christian theology to spread the Gospel and win the world for Christ?

Both of the global wars of the last century WWI & WWII

Were mainly betwen Christian based nations such as America, Germany, Italy, France, Britan, and several others.

So when are the Christian based nations ever at peace?

We have never been mandated by our God to fight them until all the world is Christ's or Christianity.

We don't expect world peace until God Himself comes and sets it up.

We do have a Great Commission to go out and make disciples of all the nations but not at the tip of a sword, or to cut off the skin of unbelievers and burn it over and over to inflict maximum pain that they would fear us.

And we do not keep believers by threatening to kill them if they convert to Islam.

I've always had an affinity toward God. I think my parents thought i was kind of odd but went along with it. I didn't first meet Him in Sunday school where I was chastised because I didn't understand how to look anything up. I could just sense Him sometimes.

I always considered myself Christian even though I had no clue who He was. The Bible confused me because I couldn't get how behaving like Lot with his daughters (incest) equated to God whenever I tried to read the Bible from cover to cover.

So I dove into my teens and twenties with all the discernment of your average teenager...got into tons of trouble, laughed a lot but inside felt empty and wrong.

Then God exploded into my life after I filed for divorce. Somebody must have been praying for me because I was hounded by Christians dragging me to Bible Study, where I learned that living with my current romance of the month wasn't completely okay with God...

so I sadly put my lifestyle on the shelf and started lining up with what HE said instead of what I wanted...and lo and behold I discovered an indescribable relationship with the Creator of the universe that transends all understanding. A fullness within myself that I couldn't find anywhere else on the planet, a communion with Him, a sense of peace and joy even through crisis and confrontation and kaos. He rocked my world.

And He gave me back a sense of myself that I didn't even realize I lost before. It was like I had been sitting in gutter mud and didn't even know it until He came by and washed me clean, a restoring of my soul.

So many twists and turns my life has been through since then, and He has been my rock.

And now when I read people claiming there is no God, or demands of proof, evidence, "show me", accusations of God, etc., well, how does one explain something as phenomenal as a complete turn around of your life, a restoring, an absolute knowledge of Him who never leaves us? I could write of the miracles I've seen, I could write of the obvious evidence of the Bible and all the prophesies, the miracle of the Bible itself, but unless a person tastes and sees that it is good, unless the call of the Holy Spirit is responded to...

But that God loved me even as I was sinning, that He came for me, that He showed me a better way, that He does that for everyone that comes to the party...that's what I love about God.

That was a great illuestration of how God is about relationships, and not religions. He is about knowing, and not proving, or reqwuiring proof. He is proof, and that proof is found only in response to Him.

Faith is far greater than any religion. Faith moves the mountains of denial and fear.

God has shown Himself to everyone, some have just brushed it aside, as you did for a while. Some will never take a second glance, even when God provides opportunity. Thanks for your story.

You have to understand that, though interesting, personal anecdotes can't be considered sufficient evidence for the existence of something as significant as a Biblical God. If you look hard enough, I think you'll find that you're solely responsible for turning your life around and that attributing that accomplishment to an unprovable supernatural being only diminishes the significance of what you did. I don't feel inclined to believe that God actively interferes in the affairs of our universe. Wouldn't the need to intervene to solve problems within his own creation imply a lack of foreknowledge on God's part?

You need to understand that attributing one's accomplishments fully to oneself is a great step of faith because there is no "proof" that you actually accomplished it alone. There are indeed influences around us. Many of them are very powerful, and even drive our decisions in a particular direction. However, the one thing you were correct about is that our choice to receive or denying the influences is indeed yours. What that choice does in your life is often directly connected to the source of the influence. The rightness of all of the other influences is just as impossible to prove as the influence of God. We cannot always point a finger exactly at the actual influencing source, or prove that it is actually the source. I choose to see God as the greatest of all inspirations in living a life on faith.

You said, "Wouldn't the need to intervene to solve problems within his own creation imply a lack of foreknowledge on God's part? " Absolutely not, when He has given the fullness of free will in our lives. We mess up, and His intervention is a blessing.

Basically, all I did was point out that Ishmael, the first son of Abraham, was included in the eternal blessings that God promised Abraham.

The next thing I read is JenT attacking Islam, Muslims, and Muhammad.

This is typical when ever I deal with most Christians.

I was just seeking common ground and a friendly dialogue.

But she immediately went on the attack.

Kind of sad

Basically, all I did was point out that Ishmael, the first son of Abraham, was included in the eternal blessings that God promised Abraham.

Kind of sad

Well, lets look at that.

Basically, all I did was post why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you told me I had to include Ishmael.

I stated why I don't. It's not Biblical.

Now you're claiming I'm attacking? Playing the victim card...okay, but the thing is, there just isn't a lot of common ground between Islam and Christianity, nor the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with Allah, though many in our own government have cut deals with terrorists to promote that idea in our public education system.

Kind of sad

Well, lets look at that.

Basically, all I did was post why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you told me I had to include Ishmael.

I stated why I don't. It's not Biblical.

Now you're claiming I'm attacking? Playing the victim card...okay, but the thing is, there just isn't a lot of common ground between Islam and Christianity, nor the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with Allah, though many in our own government have cut deals with terrorists to promote that idea in our public education system.
So Abraham taught Ishmael to pray to and worship to a different God than he and Isaac?

Forum List

Back