What happened to me?

Did have nausea. No vomiting, wasn't the worst headache in my life, only had head pain following the loss of consciousness. Almost passed out but stood back up and stayed awake. I did lose balance, that could mean sudden weakness. I was dizzy and couldn't walk. But after it I walked fine but a little slow because I felt I lost energy. Did have pain near eyes. No stiff neck.

I don't understand what they mean by sensitivity to light? Light didn't bother me after. But while it was happening everything was bright and I'm guessing that's chemicals in the brain. Not sure. But it was like a shadowy bright. I was trying to see but lost vision but could see bright lights everywhere. Cars being bright. People. Then I reached the maximum point of light and it died down slowly.

Yeah, you're having a stroke. Get your ass to the hospital.

Aneurysm aneurysm aneurysm aneurysm.

Migraines don't cause loss of vision, syrenn. He's not having a migraine.

I feel normal now. No kind of pain in my head or around my eyes. I've asked personal doctors I know and waiting for one to respond. But one told my Dad i over worked.

:doubt: Doubtful, what did this personal trainer have you do?

Dead lifts, super sets one handed reps. I don't know what all the machines are called. A back workout only.

Back is tuff, but a half hour is not that bad. Super sets also can be tuff if you're not used to it. One day we should meet up at a gym and you can show me what he has you do some of these trainers are iffy in there recommendations especially if you haven't been working out that long, plus if you’re trying to gain muscle rather than lose you don’t need that many super sets. Go get checked out after that we can evaluate what you’re doing

Did have nausea. No vomiting, wasn't the worst headache in my life, only had head pain following the loss of consciousness. Almost passed out but stood back up and stayed awake. I did lose balance, that could mean sudden weakness. I was dizzy and couldn't walk. But after it I walked fine but a little slow because I felt I lost energy. Did have pain near eyes. No stiff neck.

I don't understand what they mean by sensitivity to light? Light didn't bother me after. But while it was happening everything was bright and I'm guessing that's chemicals in the brain. Not sure. But it was like a shadowy bright. I was trying to see but lost vision but could see bright lights everywhere. Cars being bright. People. Then I reached the maximum point of light and it died down slowly.

Yeah, you're having a stroke. Get your ass to the hospital.

I'm not having anything right now. That was when it happened yesterday.

:doubt: Doubtful, what did this personal trainer have you do?

Dead lifts, super sets one handed reps. I don't know what all the machines are called. A back workout only.

Back is tuff, but a half hour is not that bad. Super sets also can be tuff if you're not used to it. One day we should meet up at a gym and you can show me what he has you do some of these trainers are iffy in there recommendations especially if you haven't been working out that long, plus if you’re trying to gain muscle rather than lose you don’t need that many super sets. Go get checked out after that we can evaluate what you’re doing

Actually now that I remember, I don't think I did super sets. It's just I went from dead lifting and right away to upper back workout. Where you sit and have your back straight and have your legs almost straight and pull your arm back with shoulders strait and chest out. Yeah, I'm guessing JCC is a gym we can meet at.

Good for you.

Do you take steroids? Those guys frequently stroke out.

Absolutely not, no steroids, no protein, no supplements, never drank and don't. Don't smoke either. I'm pretty healthy overall. It's the first time that happened to me. And I can't go anywhere for at least an hour today. My dad did tell me tomorrow were going to the doctor. I think I can wait it out I feel okay.

Jroc did I see you Thursday? I saw a guy that looks exactly like vin diesel but was shorter than 6ft with his wife. I was walking into my gym. Was that you?

I was told by someone I had vertigo. He said he had the same thing but I'm still going to the doctor tomorrow morning. I didn't see things moving so I'm not buying it though. I think it's something else.

Last edited:
I was told by someone I had vertigo. He said he had the same thing but I'm still going to the doctor tomorrow morning. I didn't see things moving so I'm not buying it though. I think it's something else.

no, what you described is not vertigo. Good to know you are going to the Dr tomorrow. :thup:

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.
You really should go see a doctor, just to get checked out....Those symptoms could be a sign of something serious.

My older brother had similar symptoms at work one day....he figured it was nothing but fatigue.....two weeks later he dropped dead in his tracks of a heart attack at 45 years old.

Don't play around, and go get checked.

Thanks, I probably will see a doctor in the coming days. Because I've been working out for almost two months now and never had this happen.
1st and most importantly see a doctor asap do not work out again until you do !! 2nd 2 months is not a long time when it comes to working out [you are still in beginners stage].you may want to take it a little easier on your next workout .it sounds like you pushed to hard . check your blood pressure also !!

Actually now that I remember, I don't think I did super sets. It's just I went from dead lifting and right away to upper back workout. Where you sit and have your back straight and have your legs almost straight and pull your arm back with shoulders strait and chest out. Yeah, I'm guessing JCC is a gym we can meet at.

JCC?...Come on... We can meet in the Dearborn powerhouse all your cousins are there.:razz:

JCC?...Come on... We can meet in the Dearborn powerhouse all your cousins are there.:razz:

I never go to Dearborn unless I go for food or grocery shopping. Ha Ha. PM your FB if you have one......:cool:

How's your eyesight?

It's normal since yesterday.......:cool:

Hmmm.... ok, how many fingers am I holding up?

finger-2.jpg

Forum List

Back