What happened to me?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

• Banned
Are you sure it's my blood flow? I never had this happen so I'm curious as to what it was. Pretty surreal experience.

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.
You really should go see a doctor, just to get checked out....Those symptoms could be a sign of something serious.

My older brother had similar symptoms at work one day....he figured it was nothing but fatigue.....two weeks later he dropped dead in his tracks of a heart attack at 45 years old.

Don't play around, and go get checked.

• Banned
You really should go see a doctor, just to get checked out....Those symptoms could be a sign of something serious.

My older brother had similar symptoms at work one day....he figured it was nothing but fatigue.....two weeks later he dropped dead in his tracks of a heart attack at 45 years old.

Don't play around, and go get checked.

Thanks, I probably will see a doctor in the coming days. Because I've been working out for almost two months now and never had this happen.

Are you getting enough sleep? drinking enough water? also stay away from Subway.

Sounds like a possible heart problem.

I'm still a young adult, do you really think it could be a heart problem?

A very close friend of mine had a heart attack at 25. He didn't make it through it either.. Age does not matter

It didn't feel like it had something to do with my heart. It did feel like my brain was shutting down slowly and everything was getting brighter and brighter sort of like a shadow bright. I tried to keep on talking and it lasted for a minute or two. But it was a long minute or two.

Are you getting enough sleep? drinking enough water? also stay away from Subway.

Lately I've slept about 7 or 8 hours a day. Today I slept maybe 10. I usually get up at 6:00 am for my morning prayer. I haven't been drinking enough water though. Btw, is something wrong with subway? Thanks.

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

But can pushing yourself too hard actually cause you to get dizzy and almost pass out? Btw, is this brightness thing normal? I'm guessing it was chemicals being released into my brain. I almost felt blind.

getting dizzy from working out will sometimes happen but the bright lights, nausea and brain feeling like it's shutting down is not normal no.

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?
blood thinners. Keep in mind I'm not saying this is what happened but you do not want to mess around with these things.

Any headache right now or anything?

Forum List

Back