What happened to me?

Actually now that I remember, I don't think I did super sets. It's just I went from dead lifting and right away to upper back workout. Where you sit and have your back straight and have your legs almost straight and pull your arm back with shoulders strait and chest out. Yeah, I'm guessing JCC is a gym we can meet at.

JCC?...Come on... We can meet in the Dearborn powerhouse all your cousins are there.:razz:

I never go to Dearborn unless I go for food or grocery shopping. Ha Ha. PM your FB if you have one......:cool:

You don't like hanging around your Arab cousins? I'm not on Face book, but if you want some advice from someone whos been wieght training well over 20 yrs i'll be glad to give you some pointers although you should get checked out first.

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Possible your blood sugar level lowered very quickly. It can make you feel the way you described.

But see a doctor just to make sure.

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?
By all means, go to a GP and have all the recommended tests done. I have no idea what happened within your body but it sounds like something which should not be ignored. The most important issue right now is whether you have insurance because an MRI is necessary and they are costly.

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Possible your blood sugar level lowered very quickly. It can make you feel the way you described.

I spoke to a close family friend and he's like my Dad. He told me it was my low blood sugar level. I didn't eat a meal before I worked out and wasn't drinking enough water. I am not experiencing any further symptoms. So it was my mistake in not eating.

JCC?...Come on... We can meet in the Dearborn powerhouse all your cousins are there.:razz:

I never go to Dearborn unless I go for food or grocery shopping. Ha Ha. PM your FB if you have one......:cool:

You don't like hanging around your Arab cousins? I'm not on Face book, but if you want some advice from someone whos been wieght training well over 20 yrs i'll be glad to give you some pointers although you should get checked out first.

I didn't grow up in Dearborn, grew up in Southfield then hamtramck. Then Farmington. Most of my friends are from Commerce. Haha. Been in West Bloomfield for a long time now though. And I love it here.

I spoke to a close family friend and he's like my Dad. He told me it was my low blood sugar level. I didn't eat a meal before I worked out and wasn't drinking enough water. I am not experiencing any further symptoms. So it was my mistake in not eating.

A sudden drop in blood sugar levels can make you feel very woozy and strange. Eat something before hand, even if its something small - don't have a full stomach because you may throw it up - and drink water throughout.
:)

Don't worry, I learned the hard way as well!

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?
By all means, go to a GP and have all the recommended tests done. I have no idea what happened within your body but it sounds like something which should not be ignored. The most important issue right now is whether you have insurance because an MRI is necessary and they are costly.

I do have insurance and I will be going to the doctor either way. It seems people here are overly cautious due to experiences they had. And I never am over cautious with things but this was the first time I actually had a concern regarding what happened to me. So I agree with the board members and will get it checked out.

I didn't grow up in Dearborn, grew up in Southfield then hamtramck. Then Farmington. Most of my friends are from Commerce. Haha. Been in West Bloomfield for a long time now though. And I love it here.

Lot of Jews there:cool: one day I'll meet you at the power house on orchard lake Rd?

Lot of Jews there:cool: one day I'll meet you at the power house on orchard lake Rd?

I don't have a membership there, that's the problem.

Niether do I, I get a discount because i have a membership at another powerhouse, but you can get in free for a day just to check it out. It's up to you, just be careful of some of those personal trainers some are idiots.

It seems I need help with chest workouts. I've had good workouts with everything else. Does chest take longer? I do one thing at a time every other day. So shoulders one day, chest one day, back one day, legs, arms one day. I've been getting good success, I used to be really skinny now I'm ripped a little. I have a trainer btw, and it's been pretty good but chest is hard to master.

Niether do I, I get a discount because i have a membership at another powerhouse, but you can get in free for a day just to check it out. It's up to you, just be careful of some of those personal trainers some are idiots.

What's funny is used to workout at charter fitness and if closed down and they transferred my account to the powerhouse on orchard lake. I never knew it. Now I'm actually working out at fitness 19

It seems I need help with chest workouts. I've had good workouts with everything else. Does chest take longer? I do one thing at a time every other day. So shoulders one day, chest one day, back one day, legs, arms one day. I've been getting good success, I used to be really skinny now I'm ripped a little. I have a trainer btw, and it's been pretty good but chest is hard to master.

That’s a good schedule. Same as I do, if you don't feel good doing regular flat bench, do incline, do dumb bells. I don't do flat bench anymore because it bothers my shoulder, but you’d better get checked out like these people are telling you. I‘ve never had the problem you described, nor do I know of anyone who’s had such a problem… ok occasionally if you do hard legs or back you might get a head rush or something but that’s it

Maybe it was a minor stroke? Although low blood sugar sounds likely, maybe a drop in blood pressure. (Oh, I see now that Cereal Killer addressed the possibility of a mini-stroke or aneurysm. The symptoms kind of point to that.)

Also, do you have a lot of anxiety? Anxiety can cause all kinds of weird symptoms.

Did you tell your trainer about it?

I suspect you're just fine, but hey, sounds like a good time for a check up! :)

Last edited:
I told my trainer, he made my workout easier today and he made me do some cardio to get blood flowing. He said it was probably such a weather change because I was sweating went out in the cold then went into a hot subway store.

I told my trainer, he made my workout easier today and he made me do some cardio to get blood flowing. He said it was probably such a weather change because I was sweating went out in the cold then went into a hot subway store.

Wait a minute...did you go to the doctor today?

Bull....Trainers are just that, what's this guy’s background? You can get a personal training certification on line after taking a simple test and paying some money. If he didn't tell you to go get checked out by a doctor just to be safe, I wouldn't trust the guy. People like him are a dime a dozen.

It never hurts to see a doctor, just to be sure - please do it...when something that odd happens, it's worth it to check it out - trainers aren't doctors :(

Forum List

Back