What happened to me?

You may have had a exercise induced migraine...."People suffering from exercise-induced migraines report the same symptoms as other migraine sufferers: pounding head pain, visual disturbances such as blurring vision or flashing lights; fatigue; sensitivity to light, noise, and odors; nausea and vomiting; sinus pain; difficulty concentrating and fatigue. Not every migraine patient has the same collection of symptoms. If you frequently experience any of these symptoms during and after exercise, you may be having exercise-induced migraines"

Exercise-induced Migraines

I had these for several years and was under a doctor's care. Eventually the headaches stopped. It was after vigorous exercises like "spinning" and maybe a couple of times after "Zumba", but never after martial arts or weight lifting(strength training).

Good luck at the doctor....:)

It sure does sound like a migraine doesn't it....My friend has them fairly regularly, same symptoms.

I'm still a young adult, do you really think it could be a heart problem?

I would consider low blood sugar. I can have problems like you describe, though rarely affecting my vision. When I'm working, I always have a candy bar and Gator Aid in my truck. M&M's are great because they don't melt into a glob in the summer.

I eat a chocolate chip granola bar while I was working out. Lol...I eat good amounts of sugar man. I don't know why that happened, I did feel like I over did it. But, when I lost control and vision that was the weird part. Are you sure it's a vision thing? Or was if chemicals being released into the brain.
Please see a physician asap, BecauseIKnow. Your handle is on my prayer list tonight. Sending good thoughts your way.

You may have had a exercise induced migraine...."People suffering from exercise-induced migraines report the same symptoms as other migraine sufferers: pounding head pain, visual disturbances such as blurring vision or flashing lights; fatigue; sensitivity to light, noise, and odors; nausea and vomiting; sinus pain; difficulty concentrating and fatigue. Not every migraine patient has the same collection of symptoms. If you frequently experience any of these symptoms during and after exercise, you may be having exercise-induced migraines"

Exercise-induced Migraines

I had these for several years and was under a doctor's care. Eventually the headaches stopped. It was after vigorous exercises like "spinning" and maybe a couple of times after "Zumba", but never after martial arts or weight lifting(strength training).

Good luck at the doctor....:)

It sure does sound like a migraine doesn't it....My friend has them fairly regularly, same symptoms.

The first few times I thought that was it for me. I love to workout and needed to find a way to manage this situation. Thankfully it passed, but at times was pretty painful and scary...

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Are you getting enough sleep? drinking enough water? also stay away from Subway.

Lately I've slept about 7 or 8 hours a day. Today I slept maybe 10. I usually get up at 6:00 am for my morning prayer. I haven't been drinking enough water though. Btw, is something wrong with subway? Thanks.

I was kidding about the Subway but its not that good, Jersey Mikes is better lol.

logo.png

13.jpg

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Definitely go to a doctor. I used to do a lot of hard training and long distance running. Nothing like that ever happened to me. I would be scared if it did. Don't take this lightly. Find out what happened.

But can pushing yourself too hard actually cause you to get dizzy and almost pass out? Btw, is this brightness thing normal? I'm guessing it was chemicals being released into my brain. I almost felt blind.

I have run two marathons and done a lot of hard, intense training when I was younger. Nothing like this ever happened to me. One time I pushed my long distance training so far I got a stress fracture in my foot, but I did not have the type of symptoms you had. I once had heat stroke and it wasn't as bad as what you describe.

You must see a doctor and not wonder about this. It may just be something you are doing, eating, not eating, pushing too hard, don't know. Not drinking enough water maybe. But it is really important to see a doctor and find out.

Please don't rely on what friends or family or people on here say: see a doctor. Don't be foolish.

Last edited:
blood thinners. Keep in mind I'm not saying this is what happened but you do not want to mess around with these things.

Any headache right now or anything?

Sort of feels like a fever, some minor pain and I feel tired. My left ribs get this shocking like tingle every once in a while. I used to have dreams where I would wake up moaning and have a little headache after. Is that any concern related to this?

so how do you feel now?

I feel normal now. No kind of pain in my head or around my eyes. I've asked personal doctors I know and waiting for one to respond. But one told my Dad i over worked.

If you came into my BAS, I'd be looking for additional signs of a STROKE.

Go to you DOCTOR immediately.

Definitely go to a doctor. I used to do a lot of hard training and long distance running. Nothing like that ever happened to me. I would be scared if it did. Don't take this lightly. Find out what happened.

I don't run I weight lift. And I do it with a trainer in 30 min.

Sort of feels like a fever, some minor pain and I feel tired. My left ribs get this shocking like tingle every once in a while. I used to have dreams where I would wake up moaning and have a little headache after. Is that any concern related to this?

so how do you feel now?

I feel normal now. No kind of pain in my head or around my eyes. I've asked personal doctors I know and waiting for one to respond. But one told my Dad i over worked.

:doubt: Doubtful, what did this personal trainer have you do?

Let me again show you my symptoms:

A little hot after working out
Felt like throwing up
Walled outside for fresh air
Almost did throw up
Got extremely dizzy
Put my hand against wall
Everything was brightening up
I asked someone for help
Held on his arm as he took me to a seat
Almost fell and felt like I lost control of my balance
Vision slowly came back.
Pain in left part of head
Then got a little cold
Felt tired after and rested at home and drank plenty of water

so how do you feel now?

ok...good. but just feeling better now does not mean you should blow this off and not get checked.

Forum List

Back