What does Jesus think of the warmongering of the United States?

Limp Dick No Logic won't give you chapter and verse.

He says he wants you to educate yourself so that you agree with him. Chapter 7, Chapter 14, or Chapter 22, it's in there somewhere he says.

He's referred to 3 different chapters, and not one verse yet. Methinks he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to Bible verses.

Actually Limp Dick No Logic, you stated that Yeshua instructed His disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Still waiting for the link by the way.........a table of contents for an online Bible doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about, and apparently, you can't remember what you said. Originally you were talking about war, and now it's self defense. Nice to see you starting to change your story already.

But.........we already knew you know nothing of this particular subject.:eusa_whistle:

Hey dumbass, I never mentioned war.

I simply stated a fact.

Jesus said, "let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

What book/chapter and verse so we can read that in context.
Also it may well be the only verse where Jesus allegedly promoted violence.
I say allegedly becuase all of the new testament was written after Jesus's death by others.

Oh look! Another idiot that don't know how to google a phrase.

Yanno.......if Google was so easy to use, and could be done in a couple of minutes.........

Why haven't you taken your own advice, rather than sit and try to defend a lie?

He says he wants you to educate yourself so that you agree with him. Chapter 7, Chapter 14, or Chapter 22, it's in there somewhere he says.

He's referred to 3 different chapters, and not one verse yet. Methinks he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to Bible verses.

No you lying piece of cow dung, I referred to two chapters. Chapter 22 where the phrase about selling cloaks to buy swords can be found and chapter 14 where the statements you made about leaving one's possessions behind to follow Jesus can be found.

Not my fault you idiots don't know how to to do your own research.

Yanno.......if Google was so easy to use, and could be done in a couple of minutes.........

It's not a lie, so there's nothing to defend.

The statement was made by Jesus and it's in the chapter I cited.

You really should Google it and prove it, because you're the one that made the assinine statement.

Me? I don't have to research it because I know it's not true.

Well unfortunately this thread seems to have dissolved into a food fight and insult fest, so I will leave you good people to your fun and bid you a good afternoon.

=======unsubscribe=========

I vaguely recall something like that in the bible, but it did not mean to actually do it, it was sarcasm or somesuch as I recall.

I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

Here's Jesus and other biblical quotes;

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

He'd be for it.

funnyrepublicanjesus.jpg

Why are we wondering what Jesus thinks? Mexicans hate terrorists as much as everyone else.

I always thought it a bit strange naming ones child Jesus.
Anyone named God?

I remember in the mid 90's there was a basketball player named God Shammgod, don't remember what his background was.

A simple google search would've found that for me, but I'll just keep typing like an idiot when i could've found that information for you rather than continuing to blather.

Actually Limp Dick No Logic, you stated that Yeshua instructed His disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Still waiting for the link by the way.........a table of contents for an online Bible doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about, and apparently, you can't remember what you said. Originally you were talking about war, and now it's self defense. Nice to see you starting to change your story already.

But.........we already knew you know nothing of this particular subject.:eusa_whistle:

Hey dumbass, I never mentioned war.

I simply stated a fact.

Jesus said, "let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

Like I said.........WHERE does it say that? Somewhere in Chapter 14 or 7 doesn't cut it either.

I thought you were well versed in the Bible.

Obviously not.

For the mentally challenged (which includes Abikershitstain): see Luke 22:36

You really should Google it and prove it, because you're the one that made the assinine statement.

Eat crow!

Luke 22:36

Eat crow!

I still didn't see anything in there that supported anything even somewhat related to the wars of the United States.

Yeah you found your quote about carrying swords, where does it say to use it in any way?

Eat crow!

I still didn't see anything in there that supported anything even somewhat related to the wars of the United States.

Yeah you found your quote about carrying swords, where does it say to use it in any way?

That's because I wasn't talking about wars of the United States. I simply commented on the fact that Jesus instructed some of his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Jesus said it is inevitable that wars will continue until He returns, Mark 13:7-8.

"When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is still to come. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. This is but the beginning of the birth pangs."

And He did not oppose earthly governments or their right to maintain armies, Matthew 8:5-10
"When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress." And he said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes, and to another, 'Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this,' and the slave does it." When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, "Truly I tell you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith."

Eat crow!

That's because I wasn't talking about wars of the United States. I simply commented on the fact that Jesus instructed some of his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Jesus said it is inevitable that wars will continue until He returns, Mark 13:7-8.

"When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is still to come. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. This is but the beginning of the birth pangs."

And He did not oppose earthly governments or their right to maintain armies, Matthew 8:5-10
"When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress." And he said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes, and to another, 'Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this,' and the slave does it." When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, "Truly I tell you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith."

Again still none of those quotes have anything to do with showing how Jesus would favor our current collection of wars.

The quotes that show he's against it in principle are easy to find, takes a lot of twisting and spin to make it sound like he's for it.

Forum List

Back