What does Jesus think of the warmongering of the United States?

I also feel the same way Brain. I would never celebrate the death of another human being, because as evil and flawed as they are, they're still human.

However, I am exceedingly glad that a major threat has been removed.

What good is a sword if when you use it you'll be condemned by Jesus and he'll heal the person you used it against?

Intimidation of course, the same thing an unloaded gun is good for.

If Jesus would have allowed the apostle to rescue Him from arrest, prophecy would not have been fulfilled. Jesus healed the ear to show that he was indeed the Messiah. Remember they were arresting Him for saying He was something ( the Messiah) that they knew he wasn't.

Pull an unloaded gun on a person and hope and pray he doesn't possess a loaded one. Or pray he doesn't make you eat your unloaded gun.

I see so in your view what you got from that passage was that Jesus had NO PROBLEM with the man using the sword against the other man and did it 100% ENTIRELY to show he was the Messiah and no other reason?

Mat 26:51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Mat 26:55 In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
Mat 26:56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

Luk 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
Luk 22:51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.
Luk 22:52 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves?
Luk 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Looks to me that the only reason Jesus stopped the disciple that took out the sword against the arresters was so that prophecy would be fulfilled. Healing the ear was another way of showing He IS the Messiah, like Lonestar pointed out.

Also, before you go and try to use Mat 26:52 to prove your point, please read it in the context it is in. Jesus was trying to let them know that no matter how much they fight to stop what was about to happen, it would have done no good and that they will perish in trying to do so. Many people try to use that verse to argue that you should not protect yourself if you are a follower of Christ. This is taking it out of context.

Looks like to me the story is saying buy the sword in hopes people won't attack you because you have one, but if you are attacked it's wrong to use it.

That's like having an unloaded gun. What good is having a sword if you're not willing to use it?

What good is a sword if when you use it you'll be condemned by Jesus and he'll heal the person you used it against?

And you wonder why people fear Nuclear weapons...

After all, they are just a deterrent... right? If you need an explanation, look to the sword reference the Dr. Drock used, and look at your response.

What good is nuke if you're not willing to use it?

That's like having an unloaded gun. What good is having a sword if you're not willing to use it?

After all, they are just a deterrent... right? If you need an explanation, look to the sword reference the Dr. Drock used, and look at your response.

It's your opinion vs that of Jesus, not yours vs mine.

Quite obviously as I illustrated in the OP he was against all the things that go on in war, take issue with Jesus, not me.

Exactly and the whole world knows the US is willing to use it. Need I remind you of Nagasaki or Hiroshima?

I also feel the same way Brain. I would never celebrate the death of another human being, because as evil and flawed as they are, they're still human.

you never been in a fire fight , you feel like yelling yes afterwords , it takes time , but when you do you realize this enemy wont kill anymore and thats worth celebrating .

you never been in a fire fight , you feel like yelling yes afterwords , it takes time , but when you do you realize this enemy wont kill anymore and thats worth celebrating .

There can still be a sadness side to it, that Osama's life was wasted doing wrong instead of right.

There can still be a sadness side to it, that Osama's life was wasted doing wrong instead of right.

what a load of crap ,

you think bin laden didn't deserve to die ?
should we morn his loss ?
wasted doing wrong ? ok what wrong ?

what a load of crap ,

you think bin laden didn't deserve to die ?
should we morn his loss ?
wasted doing wrong ? ok what wrong ?

You didn't read that right. I'm saying it's sad that Osama wasted his life doing wrong things.

Forum List

Back