What does Jesus think of the warmongering of the United States?

Thanks for the response. You didn't really answer my question as to what Jesus would think of it, but I appreciate your thoughts.

In my opinion we're all partially to blame to different degrees, either by encouraging or allowing our politicians to do these things and our tax dollars are used to do them.

Based on my beliefs he is very sad. It is not Gods will that we go to war, if we would do what we asked of us there would be no war but evil does exist. We have a choice to chose good vs evil. Since Christians are a minority in the world we are obviously losing the battle.
When you find the real creator you'll understand how you've been lied to for over, well over, 6000 years.

Lest ye not forgetteth. "gaWd" is also in the midst of a war because 33% of hiS cohorts think hE's an asShat...................or so the story goes.

OTOH. The only oil Jeezus needed back then came from the olive tree.
Maybe if he were here today he'd toss out the turn the cheek thing when he found out the oil needed to power his Private jet, Winnebago, bass boat, Harley, Corvette, snowmobiles and Jet ski's was in someone else's hands ?

Actually, Yeshua would still be using olive oil and bio fuel. Because, unlike most people on the planet today, He understands that Earth is HaShem's bride, as well as is His mother.

He'd actually take care of the planet.

After the first couple of Crusades, I'm sure Jesus got jaded. After the inquisitions he probably just went "fuck this shit, my dad can worry about you chimps".

I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

Here's Jesus and other biblical quotes;

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

Jesus believed in defending oneself. Why else would he instruct his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords?

I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

Jesus believed in defending oneself. Why else would he instruct his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords?

Cite bible verse please.

I also seem to remember Him telling people that they couldn't follow Him unless they gave up all their possessions.

Reading through this thread I came to a few conclusions:

1. People who normally debate with knowledge, logic, and reason spoil the illusion when they spend multiple posts flaming each other. :)

2. It is ludicrous to think the Bible would be dealing in real time with Islam when it didn't show up for another 800 years after the time of Christ.

3. Based on the cumulative teachings of Christ I have come to the conclusion that, loosely translated,: (a) we should avoid as much as possible using violence in word or deed to avenge ourselves; (b) it is permissable to use strong words and deeds to protect the innocent with the deepest pits of hell are reserved for those who intentionally harm the innocent; (c) there will always be wars and rumors of wars until Jesus himself leads the army in the final war that will usher in peace on Earth.

Would Jesus have condoned war to prevent the torture and murder of millions of Jews. I cannot believe that he would not.

Was Jesus opposed to the American revolution? It's hard to believe that he did. Did Jesus weep at our American Civil War or see it as necessary for some higher purpose? I don't know.

Would Jesus want us to oppose a Lenin or Stalin or Hitler or Mao or Saddam Hussein? I have a hard time believing that he would counsel us to condone such tyrants with our silence or non action.

As for waging war, I believe only a war fought with the right motives and purpose can be justified. I don't know whether we have had one of those for a very long time. And with Jesus too often being consigned to an inferior position in the thoughts and ideals of humankind these days, nobody much is asking him what he thinks.

Cite bible verse please.

I also seem to remember Him telling people that they couldn't follow Him unless they gave up all their possessions.

Somewhere in the Gospel of Luke. Chapter 22 I believe.

Jesus actually said that you must decide if you can leave everything you have to follow Him. If you cannot then you can't be His follower. He also said "If a person comes to me, but will not leave his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters, then that person cannot be my follower."

You must read the entire text to understand the context. It's also in the Gospel of Luke.

Cite bible verse please.

Jesus actually said that you must decide if you can leave everything you have to follow Him. If you cannot then you can't be His follower. He also said "If a person comes to me, but will not leave his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters, then that person cannot be my follower."

You must read the entire text to understand the context. It's also in the Gospel of Luke.

Like I said, link or fail, you're the one that made the assertion, and unless you can back it up with hard data, I'm not gonna believe you, as anyone that can't link is spewing bullshit like Trump did.

Cite bible verse please.

Like I said, link or fail, you're the one that made the assertion, and unless you can back it up with hard data, I'm not gonna believe you, as anyone that can't link is spewing bullshit like Trump did.

If you wish to remain ignorant, that's alright by me.

Google is your friend.

By the way retard, you didn't ask for a link, you asked for the verse. I gave you the chapter, if your too stupid or too lazy to look it up then.... piss off!

Last edited:

Google is your friend.

By the way retard, you didn't ask for a link, you asked for the verse. I gave you the chapter, if your too stupid or too lazy to look it up then.... piss off!

Advice, I'm not calling you stupid, but when you call others stupid be sure you have the right "your" or "you're" in place.

Google is your friend.

In other words Limp Star No Logic, you want me to do your research for you.

Sorry.........I'm busy listening to others who actually know something.

Google is your friend.

Advice, I'm not calling you stupid, but when you call others stupid be sure you have the right "your" or "you're" in place.

Oh brother, the typo police!

Sue me!

Cite bible verse please.

This may not be good enough, but I just read a summary of the Gospel of Luke and I still didn't see anything that would make it seem like Jesus was ok with war.

Google is your friend.

Oh brother, the typo police!

Sue me!

It was advice, when insulting someone's intellectualism my advice is to do it intellectually.

Cite bible verse please.

This may not be good enough, but I just read a summary of the Gospel of Luke and I still didn't see anything that would make it seem like Jesus was ok with war.

The Gospel of Luke was not about war. You won't find anything in the Bible, however, that condemns war.

Google is your friend.

If you're too lazy to click on the link then stay ignorant.

Fact is numbnuts I did tell you something, you chose not to believe it. In Luke Chapter 22 Jesus tells His disciples to "sell their cloaks and buy swords".

That is a fact.

Also in Luke, chapter 14 I believe is the verse you referred to.

Another fact.

Both facts can be easily verified by CLICKING THE LINK and reading!

Google is your friend.

If you're too lazy to click on the link then stay ignorant.

Fact is numbnuts I did tell you something, you chose not to believe it. In Luke Chapter 22 Jesus tells His disciples to "sell their cloaks and buy swords".

That is a fact.

Also in Luke, chapter 14 I believe is the verse you referred to.

Another fact.

Both facts can be easily verified by CLICKING THE LINK and reading!

Hey Limp Dick No Logic, I'm not the only one doubting the veracity of your claims.

Chapter and verse dude, or be known as a failure. All you "link" is, is the table of contents for an online Bible. Chapter and verse dude.

Last edited:

The Gospel of Luke was not about war. You won't find anything in the Bible, however, that condemns war.

Sure not the specific word war, but everything that war entails is spoken against as shown in the original post.

Cite bible verse please.

I said nothing of war, I believe the passage clearly demonstrated that Jesus had no qualms about defending oneself. Often swords were carried to fend off robbers.

Forum List

Back